Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online : Age of Reckoning: Newsletter Concept Art - Part One

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

The folks from EA Mythic have released the concept art that was used in their last newsletter. Today, we present it for your viewing pleasure.

Check out all 15 here.

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• David10David10 Member Posts: 4

the hype is really dropping >_>

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

Lol indeed. It's all back to Concept Art. Guess after that movie they launched a while ago that got burned into the ground, they don't dare to show anymore ingame footage hehe.

But indeed, at this stage still only showing Concept Art makes people wonder if they ever gonna launch at all.

Cheers

• David10David10 Member Posts: 4

the worst part is:

" april fool's day is approaching " .... scary thing if they joke us after a so empty information period X_X

• Ascension08Ascension08 Member Posts: 1,980

Tsk tsk you pessimists. Maybe they're working so hard improving the graphics and animations that showing an in game movie now would not mean anything, since it would probably be better later on. Not that i like concept art, my hype is still high

--------------------------------------
    A human and an Elf get captured by Skaven. The rat-men are getting ready to shoot the first hostage with Dwarf-made guns when he yells, "Earthquake!" The naturally nervous Skaven run and hide from the imaginary threat. He escapes. The Skaven regroup and bring out the Elf. Being very smart, the Elf has figured out what to do. When the Skaven get ready to shoot, the Elf, in order to scare them, yells, "Fire!"

Order of the White Border.

• TheFonzV2.0TheFonzV2.0 Member Posts: 198
    Originally posted by Guillermo197

Lol indeed. It's all back to Concept Art. Guess after that movie they launched a while ago that got burned into the ground, they don't dare to show anymore ingame footage hehe.
    But indeed, at this stage still only showing Concept Art makes people wonder if they ever gonna launch at all.
    Cheers

You do know that most concept art was done way back in alpha right? Probably the main reason why they still add it is because there's some of us out there in the gaming world who actually likes to look at concept art. I know I do and I love that Mythic is still posting making it so they have a huge selection of it. I hate games that have really cool design layouts and renders but never back it up with concept art :P

Bollocks!

• CenthanCenthan Member Posts: 483

I'll jump on the "meh" bandwagon as well.

Hey devs...enough with the concept art and movies that look ultra realistic and are nothing like how the game itself looks.  Show us more footage of what the game actually looks like, and we'll be happier.

• sairuscosairusco Member Posts: 133

There are really plenty of ingame movies around, just search youtube for warhammer online and you'll find plenty of them to get a good impression about the game (I think).

And besides I like the artwork, even though it isnt  ingame footage, I'll probably get to see enough of that in time :-) just a little patience.

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

Concept art at this point is a bit like a politician's promise. They exist but only to defer the big issues from coming to light.

I'm still avidly looking forward to WAR (and AoC) but putting out this kind of 'blah' at this stage  is seriously getting old. I used to 'jump' to any WAR (or AoC) new posts...now I just sigh and figure it's same ol same ol.

• ProsonProson Member UncommonPosts: 544

Cheers

What movie was that? can u link it please :P

Currently Playing Path of Exile

• Ngeldu5tNgeldu5t Member UncommonPosts: 608

I`m a little scared seeing the way things are going.Barnett always claim that they gonna be Led Zepplin because you can`t beat The Beatles but i`m afraid that we will have Oasis instead

In the land of Predators,the lion does not fear the jackals...

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

Originally posted by Proson

Cheers

What movie was that? can u link it please :P

That movie was shown right here on MMORPG.com a while back. About that city. A fly through.

Cheers

• ArawonArawon Member Posts: 1,108

Concepts drawings March = Christmas launch.

• Alan0nAlan0n Member Posts: 576

I fear for War now.  It seems to me that the devleloping team is loosing it abit.  Feedback from the beta testers is not to promising and there is obviously alot of work to be done.

I was hoping War and AOC would give WoW some competition - but sadly it doesn't look like that.  WoW has more and more flaws coming up now but still it gets away with it cause the competition is just poor.  Back to LOTRO and hoping exapansion can bring out more fun classes to play.  I hate to listen to music from the "healers" when playing MMO....

• FionFion Member UncommonPosts: 2,348

I cant help but echo some of these remarks. Concept art at this date? Also what videos and screenshots I have seen lately have not impressed, at all. Poor animations, really backwards world design. 4 months ago this game couldn't have gotten more hyped. Now that hype is slipping away as this game continues to look worse and worse, while other soon-to-be-released MMOGs just keep looking better and better.

At least we'll have AoC in a few months. It's not likely to steal WoWs thunder, but it'll give us something new and different, and is sure to be great fun.

• checkthis500checkthis500 Member Posts: 1,236

Wow, people are actually bitching about seeing concept art?  Seriously?

It's not like them giving us concept art is taking away from them making the game.  I mean it's two separate departments. 

This gives us an idea of what we'll see later.  And everything they've shown in concept art has been shown in the game later on and it looks extremely similar to the concept art.

Take the Bloodthirster for instance. 

Don't see why people can't instead be excited that there's actually going to be spawns from Khorne, Nurgle and Tzeentch all in the game.  That's pretty damn awesome considering how amazing the ideas in the concept art are.

That and AoC is till showing us concept art.  No one's bitching about that.  Most games show concept art right up until release.

Bitching and moaning about the priviledge to see the art direction of the game.... man.

---------------------------------------------
    I live to fight, and fight to live.

Originally posted by checkthis500

That and AoC is till showing us concept art.  No one's bitching about that.  Most games show concept art right up until release.
    Bitching and moaning about the priviledge to see the art direction of the game.... man.

Sorry mate but these are no concept art

www.gametrailers.com/game/1905.html

Originally posted by Ngeldu5t

Sorry mate, but these are concept art.  community.ageofconan.com/wsp/conan/frontend.cgi

Seriously.  They're still putting out concept art.  Not as much as I'd like, and not that much, but they still are.  And I think it's a good thing.  The raw artwork gives us an idea of what's yet to come.  It's like a teaser.

Sorry mate, but these are concept art.  community.ageofconan.com/wsp/conan/frontend.cgi

Seriously.  They're still putting out concept art.  Not as much as I'd like, and not that much, but they still are.  And I think it's a good thing.  The raw artwork gives us an idea of what's yet to come.  It's like a teaser.

Trailers 3-4-5-6 are ingame.

Trailers 3-4-5-6 are ingame.

I'm confused by what you're saying.  I understand that the link he posted was of in-game trailers.  I was pointing out that AoC is still showing new concept art (hence my link to their concept art) and yet people aren't bashing it for doing it.  WAR has in-game movies as well.  That's not the issue being discussed.

• FionFion Member UncommonPosts: 2,348

Sorry mate (lol) but those aren't concept art. They are in game renders... at least the first two.

My specific point is not that they are posting concept art, that the direction of the graphics of the game as a whole are sliding downward. For every screenshot or video I see these days, it's just looking worse and worse. I keep hearing excuses like 'these areas are unfinished' and 'these screenshots are at low graphic settings.' My reply is of course, why in HELL would you show off your game by showing off an area far from complete, and why in the HELL would official screenshots be in the games lowest settings? Any other company shows the game off in it's most beautiful possible settings. So I don't buy the excuses.