Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shadowbane: Shadowbane Reboot

SzarkSzark News ManagerMember Posts: 4,420

The folks at Shadowbane have announced that Shadowbane will be reset on March 25th, the date of the games 5 year anniversary.

The Shadowbane Reboot is officially set to go live on March 25, 2008! Some may recognize that this date holds significant value. For those who do not know, Shadowbane was released 5 years ago on March 25, 2003. 5 Years is a special milestone and with it comes the Shadowbane Reboot where the previous servers will be retired and new servers will be born in their place. The re-launch of Shadowbane brings changes that were impossible before and breathes new life into the game and the community! This new life will take place in the world of Vorringia where the tapestries of Baronies and Fiefdoms have been wiped clean. The time has come for the next generation of warlords to rally an army, carve out an empire, and change the world!

The Ubisoft Montreal team will be performing routine network and server maintenance to coincide with the Shadowbane Reboot. The expected downtime will be from March 20, 2008 until March 25, 2008.

Read more here.

Comments

• coder1024coder1024 Member Posts: 56

awesome!  SB is still the king for PvP MMOs.  You just can't find the same level of player-driven conflict, character customizeability, and player freedom in any other MMORPG out there.  Most of the rest are all just bland attempts when you get down to it.  And its free :)

• RalsarRalsar Member UncommonPosts: 305

I'm going to give it a spin for this Reboot.  I logged in today and it is a bit overwhelming.  I'll have to spend some time figuring the game out before the 25th.

• WardropWardrop Member Posts: 462

Excellent, i was wondering when this would take place, now we have a date.

I havent played since before the mine things got added, so ive also got alot of things to learn.

• starlessstarless Member Posts: 14

Fun, free game with very low system requirements.

• FistljoeFistljoe Member Posts: 21

Is this game really free, i mean also for Europeans? If so, are there itemshops and stuff like this?

Oh yes and would be very nice if somebody can give me a link for the Europe Registration, thx.

• JelnJeln Member Posts: 4

This game just never dies.  Vast numbers leave, most come back because there isn't anything else close from a PvP perspective.

go SB.

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626

I havent played SB since it was subscription based.. but as one person asked earlier. Since this game has moved from P2P to F2P, was there any type of item mall added? Or is it purely F2P?

• JelnJeln Member Posts: 4

No item mall,  free to play period, albeit the best advice anyone can give is get in a guild quickly.  Startup will be a tad painful as so many players fight over mobs for xp, but hardly any different than any other game or server that launches.

• SDragonscaleSDragonscale Member Posts: 12

No item shops or anything like that... just lots of pvp, city building, and city sieging... tis a splended world Shadowbane is!

• vyper21oovyper21oo Member Posts: 48

Still my favorite  MMO ever, I quit playing about 3 years ago, but I think I will come back for this!

Noble and true, you are the hero other heroes aspire to be. You are a natural leader, selfless and kind, who will put the lives of others above your own, and are steadfast in your pursuit of justice.
    Take the quiz!

• FlummoxedFlummoxed Member Posts: 591

me was an open beta player and pre-free-to-play subscriber...

code and graphics-wise the game is fairly well developed but be prepared to gind just as with any standard mmog, BUT with the added 'feature' of being ganked while you're trying to get to a lvl where you can defend yourself and play an active role in city defense.

This game will always appeal to a very small very narrow audience that requires Extensive (read expensive)  GM interaction, moderation, and hand holding.  If the dev / publisher is willing to do this long term fine, but without that extensive intensive interaction the game will falter.