Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Earthrise: Exclusive Screens, Week Two

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

Today, we continue our exclusive screenshots series with the folks from the upcoming post-apocalyptic MMORPG, Earthrise.

Check out all three here.

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• SeirenSeiren Member CommonPosts: 89

I think ER will be a great game and I'm keeping my eyes on this new sandbox MMORPG for 2009.

• TridianTridian Member UncommonPosts: 273

yeah it does seem amazing. but im gonna keep an eye out to make sure it doesnt turn stupid. hope it doesnt!

• steusssteuss Member UncommonPosts: 130

Earthrise has all the features that i have been looking for in a game! Thank you for attempting to make it (i say attempting b/c it hasn't been released yet)! 

The first picture, the one of the statue and the bridge reminds me of I am Legend.  When i saw that picture though, i just hoped that it wasn't like Hellgate: London, where you get awesome views like that, but you can't go anywhere. your character is stuck on this linear street and it is all instanced. I would love it if in ER you could go where you see things. Like if i saw an alleyway that was all dark and terrifying, i could venture down it. I find the idea of padding around an overrun city not knowing what i'll find street to street is awesome!

Thank again for the pics! i hope this game becomes all it can be~!

• gmmonkeygmmonkey Member Posts: 194

Looks pretty cool. Nice ideas. It's what I want in a mmorpg. A bit early to have much of an opinion on it. Hope it gets finished and doesn't take 5 years to make.

• vickypollardvickypollard Member Posts: 305

Looks sooo bland and generic like some mod made by college guys in their parents basement.

• frumbertfrumbert Member Posts: 190

Oh , a post apocalyptic world. How... unique.

And yes, that was sarcasm.

Forum signatures are stupid and annoying. I've turned mine off.

• ThornwolfThornwolf Member Posts: 107

I think the shots look good, I am a fan a more realistic look and feel which I think this game has going for it. I am disappointed however at the lack of early shots of character avatars. Even concept art would be great to see as I feel that is what many of us spend the bulk majority of our time looking at in a MMO.

• ecarterecarter Member Posts: 1

"Even concept art would be great to see as I feel that is what many of us spend the bulk majority of our time looking at in a MMO."

Dude here is a link to some concept art from the Earthrise website www.play-earthrise.com/gallery.php

• Originally posted by frumbert

By your tagline you're apparently bored with history, fantasy, war and sci-fi mmos. Me thinks your the kinda person thats never pleased. Please just stick to single player games and do us all a favour...

Anyways, this game looks good so far. Hope it really is a sandbox by the time it comes out. We've all seen how things change in development. I personally think a lot of MMORPG gamers are looking for something deeper than the level/class/linear build thats so common nowadays.

• SeggallionSeggallion Member UncommonPosts: 684

Sweet, thanks!

• FlummoxedFlummoxed Member Posts: 591

Oh Cut The Crap... Just Make It -

=== FALLOUT 3D ONLINE ===

and mmo gamers will empty their bank accounts to play.

• SaNchezzSaNchezz Member UncommonPosts: 7

Screenies looks promising. I hope game will be good.

• frumbertfrumbert Member Posts: 190

Originally posted by GazMc

Originally posted by frumbert

By your tagline you're apparently bored with history, fantasy, war and sci-fi mmos. Me thinks your the kinda person thats never pleased. Please just stick to single player games and do us all a favour...

I guess I should update that. It will read "I'm never pleased; games can always be designed better."

While I'm doing that, why don't you go bugger off and log back into your game of choice and leave us people out here in the real world alone, because you're opinion doesn't offer anything.

See how I expressed a negative opinion of you just then and you were momentarily annoyed? Suck.

Forum signatures are stupid and annoying. I've turned mine off.