Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stargate Worlds: Goa'uld Concept Art

SzarkSzark News ManagerMember Posts: 4,420

Cheyenne Mountain Entertainment has been kind enough to send over another piece of concept art, this time showing us the various new looks for the Goa'uld in Stargate Worlds.

Read more here.

Comments

• sgtbencsgtbenc Member Posts: 13

What's with the glowing, CME?

• boingedboinged Member UncommonPosts: 161

I like the women, but the guys look a bit too muscular in the arms. I think Goa'uld should be healthy looking and refined but not as brutish as these guys. Still early days until we see some renders though.

• TopDominoTopDomino Member Posts: 1

Goa'uld are supposed to cover most of Earth's early civilizations' races and clothing styles (Egyptian, Chinese, Hindu, Mayan, Greek, Nubian, Ethiopian, Babylonian and Persian at least).

• achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726

Got to love the Goa'uld and their decadent, egomaniacal ways.  My type of villains  Can't wait to play!

Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • DulainDulain Member UncommonPosts: 616

Originally posted by sgtbenc

What's with the glowing, CME?

Why they're hover boots of course.

• sgtbencsgtbenc Member Posts: 13

Originally posted by Dulain
    Originally posted by sgtbenc What's with the glowing, CME?
    Why they're hover boots of course.image

Don't forget the hover shoulder pads.
  • jaixjaix Member Posts: 99

This game seems to be adopting the styling of that crappy cartoon (anyone remember that? ) more and more. Not a bad thing - just an odd choice...

• sh4dowst4lkrsh4dowst4lkr Member Posts: 208

Yeah, I guess it is alright... I was expecting more skin though.

Lol, it is good to see what the goa'uld in a female body would look like, and oh yeah whats the glowing thing?

Alright

Originally posted by jaix

This game seems to be adopting the styling of that crappy cartoon (anyone remember that? ) more and more. Not a bad thing - just an odd choice...

The  non-cannon Stargate cartoon? um.. Stargate Infinity?

Originally posted by boinged

I like the women, but the guys look a bit too muscular in the arms. I think Goa'uld should be healthy looking and refined but not as brutish as these guys. Still early days until we see some renders though.

Those guys were Jaffa not Goa'uld, and the Jaffa were breed as brute warriors, to be a relentless foot soldier, in show they wished to incorperate it, but it wouldn't have been easy and cheap so they didn't.

• Thor79Thor79 Member Posts: 96

Originally posted by boinged

Just a few months....beta is due this summer...they are shooting for release in late 2008. They got their teaser trailer commercial running on the SciFi channel during new StarGate Atlantis episodes. In that you can see a Human, Jaffa, Asgard, and drone rendered. Don't know if it's actual in game footage but it should give you an idea of the style they are going for.

Concept art is just that...a concept...an idea...doesn't mean it will be exactly what is in game. They are presenting it just to give people an idea of some of the stuff they are coming up with.

Besides...why does it have to match or be similar to stuff found in the series? They have a galaxy to fill up with stuff...there's bound to be a hell of a lot we haven't seen and bound to be a lot they created from thin air. Everyone wants to talk about canon...they will be defining a lot of the canon in the Stargate Universe that simply could not be covered in the movies and series.

Goa'uld come in all different shapes and sizes...why wouldn't there be "brutish" Goa'uld? They are power hungry egomaniacs....why is it difficult to accept that they would take a muscular male as a host? If anything I would expect them to take hosts like that...simply because it would fit their ego.

For me...I like the look of the female on the left the most...to me she screams Goa'uld...she's got that attitude-laden look to her. The others...meh...don't like them as much.

The glow...they are obviously looking to expand on the "bling" they wear in the series.

This set of concept art is no doubt just one of the sets they've come up with for Goa'uld. Persoally I hope the character creation is extremely complex so we can create great looking Goa'uld that exude power and that egomaniac attitude. Or at least in game system of clothing to allow us to create a unique look. Of all the races I think they are the only one that really requires a unique look...

• KurganxyKurganxy Member UncommonPosts: 53

Personally, i like the costumes, glow and all. im glad they didnt go all the way with the gaudy gold. Looks more Scifi to me. I know you all want them to look EXACTLY like in the show and all, but this is a different medium. What looks good on TV doesnt necessarily look good in a 3D world, and vice versa. i will say that the male models dont look as good as the females though, especially the one with hair on only one side of his head, who does that, really..

As for the glowy boots and shoulders, you all know that you cant have an mmo without glowy items. It just makes things look uber cool.

• RuppichRuppich Member UncommonPosts: 29

In German i would say:

Da geht noch weniger :)

(Lineage II screenshot running gag which means: Their could be less cloth :) )

• achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726

The armor looks better on females.  Don't like the glow look.  Only thinks that should be glowing are their hand devices and eyes.  The men look like Andy Warhol versions of Tron. 

Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • syllvenwoodsyllvenwood Member Posts: 118

since this takes place in bit in the future of the show, i don't think that the Goa'uld that are left are bothering with looking like they did before which was done for a reason. They were assuming to be gods of certain faiths and time periods and needed to play the part. Since it has been proven that they are not gods whats the point now. Baal pointed it out best when he tried to take over the Jaffa council to gain access to the ancient weapon that the Goa'uld have tried to be gods for so long many began to believe it. This is probably an evolution of that view, less pomp and more function, they may be snakes but they are smart and adaptable.

That said, the outfits looks too minimal for them, even if they arent pretending to be gods they Are egomaniacal and pompas, i still think they their dress would be as much a statement about the Goa'uld as anything and the Last thing they would do is adapt a Common garb, gods or not they want to strike fear into those who see them and impress upon them the might of the Goa'uld.

• mterry92mterry92 Member Posts: 6

Originally posted by syllvenwood

since this takes place in bit in the future of the show, i don't think that the Goa'uld that are left are bothering with looking like they did before which was done for a reason. They were assuming to be gods of certain faiths and time periods and needed to play the part. Since it has been proven that they are not gods whats the point now. Baal pointed it out best when he tried to take over the Jaffa council to gain access to the ancient weapon that the Goa'uld have tried to be gods for so long many began to believe it. This is probably an evolution of that view, less pomp and more function, they may be snakes but they are smart and adaptable.

That said, the outfits looks too minimal for them, even if they arent pretending to be gods they Are egomaniacal and pompas, i still think they their dress would be as much a statement about the Goa'uld as anything and the Last thing they would do is adapt a Common garb, gods or not they want to strike fear into those who see them and impress upon them the might of the Goa'uld.

First of all I agree that the Goa'uld wouldn't be dressing the same way that they would in the show because of them not needing to pretend anymore and like mentioned by someone else that the galaxy is completely enormous and to think that they wouldn't eventually get closes like this is non-sence.  Second of all I'm like completely obsessed with stargate things and you guys seem to be reacting a little to harsh to the idea of changing a style; if it at all looks like it could be something they were and it looks cool then why complain.

Originally posted by mterry92

Originally posted by syllvenwood

First of all I agree that the Goa'uld wouldn't be dressing the same way that they would in the show because of them not needing to pretend anymore and like mentioned by someone else that the galaxy is completely enormous and to think that they wouldn't eventually get closes like this is non-sence.  Second of all I'm like completely obsessed with stargate things and you guys seem to be reacting a little to harsh to the idea of changing a style; if it at all looks like it could be something they were and it looks cool then why complain.

And i am obsessed with Stargate too, but i don't just go hey it looks great cause someone made the change, they should have new looks but it should be something that they would look like, how many Goa'uld have you seen running around trying to find a universal "i'm a Goa'uld' dress and actually having all the rest go wow hey that looks simple and bland lemme get a suit. They are about flash they Want to be noticed and they want to impress themselves, the getup they have now looks more like what a future Jaffa armor set would look like, functional and simple, that just is no how the Goa'uld are.

• mterry92mterry92 Member Posts: 6

I disagree like you just said they like to be flashy and look better than everyone else (underlined i added).  That armor glows therefore making them stand out also its new and people notice big changes like that.  So no matter what weather other people like it or not everyones attention gets drawn twards them.  and it doesnt really look like futuristic jaffa armor, jaffa acctually were armor this looks like clothes that just so happend to protect you.

go go gadget hover shoulder pads