Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Earthrise: Exclusive Screenshots, Week One

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

Today, we kick off an exclusive screenshots series with the folks from the upcoming post-apocalyptic MMORPG, Earthrise.

Check out all three here.

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,373

Hmm, well, they're OK I suppose, but nothing that really knocks my socks off.  Guess I'll wait for the sequel.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• daeandordaeandor Member UncommonPosts: 2,695

Yeah, I kinda yawned looking at those...

• viciousexeviciousexe Member Posts: 123

i thought the spider thing was cool, i said wow to myself when i saw the pic. not bad.

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,112
    I hope it doesn’t end up being another Divergence online.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• admriker4admriker4 Member Posts: 1,070

1st pic of the spider looks decent.

That 3rd pic reminded me of some bland scene from City of Heroes, not very impressive

• ShohadakuShohadaku Member Posts: 581

One thing I hope is the character models are not done in the japan-anima style. I am SO SICK of that style graphics in games. Let's get some realism please.

This, Fallen Earth, and Champions online are the games I look forward to most.

Good luck to the devs.

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    Originally posted by tillamook

Do not speak of "games which shall not be named". We don't want games with the possibility of something to offer to suffer because of them.

• vickypollardvickypollard Member Posts: 305

Not really impressed it looks pretty generic and has that look that it'll never come to anything and be in "development" for 6 years then be canceled.

• Blake_rshBlake_rsh Member Posts: 29
    Originally posted by Shohadaku

One thing I hope is the character models are not done in the japan-anima style. I am SO SICK of that style graphics in games. Let's get some realism please.
    This, Fallen Earth, and Champions online are the games I look forward to most.
    Good luck to the devs.

Don't worry they won't beAfter all the game it isn't developed by an Asian company.

• tvalentinetvalentine Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,216

i liked the second one, the spider was good, and the third one did look like a bland pic from COH. In all though, i think they are better then WoW, and as long as it looks better then SWG's Pre-cu graphics (they were good but now dated) im happy.

Playing: EVE Online
    Favorite MMOs: WoW, SWG Pre-cu, Lineage 2, UO, EQ, EVE online
    Looking forward to: Archeage, Kingdom Under Fire 2
    KUF2's Official Website - http://www.kufii.com/ENG/ -

• WickershamWickersham Member UncommonPosts: 2,379

Not that great?  ho hum?  so so?

In the first pic did you see the spider in the background clinging to the wall like a real spider could?  You gotta admit that's pretty cool AI.  Looks like you will need to think in 3 dimensions in this game not just what is on the ground infront of you.

Take a closer look at that second pic and tell me that the texture mapping is not that great or that the frame modeling is just - ok.  Every building in that shot is very different in structure to the one next to it.

The third screen shot reminds us of the fact that it is a post-apocalyptic MMORPG, but again, look closer - that one building is 6 storeys high and the street level looks like we will have lots of broken buildings to ambush people from.

I think these are pretty damn good.  I also think some of you need to look closer at things you are being shown.

"The liberties and resulting economic prosperity that YOU take for granted were granted by those "dead guys"

Originally posted by Wickersham

In the first pic did you see the spider in the background clinging to the wall like a real spider could?  You gotta admit that's pretty cool AI.  Looks like you will need to think in 3 dimensions in this game not just what is on the ground infront of you.
    Take a closer look at that second pic and tell me that the texture mapping is not that great or that the frame modeling is just - ok.  Every building in that shot is very different in structure to the one next to it.
    The third screen shot reminds us of the fact that it is a post-apocalyptic MMORPG, but again, look closer - that one building is 6 storeys high and the street level looks like we will have lots of broken buildings to ambush people from.
    I think these are pretty damn good.  I also think some of you need to look closer at things you are being shown.

I agree. The shots look great. My only complaint is regarding, oddly enough, the spider. While they've paid great attention to detail for the most part, they forgot one small detail. At the size that spider is compared to a human, you would be able to see the hairs on its legs which enable it to cling to objects ( such as walls and ceilings ).

I know, I'm being picky. But I had to find something about this game to complain about.

• ZodanZodan Member Posts: 564

Looks like Riverdance online :P

Not bad screenshots, but where is the ui, character classes and character customization ones? :)

• GrabblerGrabbler Member UncommonPosts: 7

So how serious should I take some screenshots from a game that will be released in more then a year ago ... without the obligative 6 months delay?!  Somebody should tell the devs DirectX10 is live, because some "nice and new" graphics in 2009 would be cool 

BTW, have a look at the screenshots @ play-earthrise.com. Seems like the screens there already got some textures - other like the spider or the building in the 3rd pic

These 3 screens make me think more about the games from yesterday then from tomorrrow

• GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486

Looks pretty cool, I would like to see more apocalypse and destruction though; these looks kind of lame.

• DracusDracus Member Posts: 1,449

Originally posted by Zorvan

Do not speak of "games which shall not be named". We don't want games with the possibility of something to offer to suffer because of them.

The funny thing is, that 'thing's" forum still exists here at MMORPG (just check with the forum dropdown list).

Would be interesting (though not unheard of) if those screenshots were computer renders with game models.

And that is why...

Conservatives' pessimism is conducive to their happiness in three ways. First, they are rarely surprised -- they are right more often than not about the course of events. Second, when they are wrong they are happy to be so. Third, because pessimistic conservatives put not their faith in princes -- government -- they accept that happiness is a function of fending for oneself. They believe that happiness is an activity -- it is inseparable from the pursuit of happiness.

Originally posted by Dracus

The funny thing is, that 'thing's" forum still exists here at MMORPG (just check with the forum dropdown list).

Would be interesting (though not unheard of) if those screenshots were computer renders with game models.

Hmm, I can't find it. It's not showing me the game listed anywhere on the drop down or full game lists. Throw me a link? And yeah, Divergence is/was full of shady crap right from the beginning.

• mike470mike470 General CorrespondentMember Posts: 2,396

I like the layout, and so far I am interested in this game....May as well put this one on the waitting list.

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,112

Originally posted by Dracus

Hmm, I can't find it. It's not showing me the game listed anywhere on the drop down or full game lists. Throw me a link? And yeah, Divergence is/was full of shady crap right from the beginning.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/category/391 

People are still posting in it.

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• ThornrageThornrage Member UncommonPosts: 659
    Originally posted by Wickersham

I agree

"I don't give a sh*t what other people say. I play what I like and I'll pay to do it too!" - SerialMMOist

• ApegApeg Member Posts: 91
    Originally posted by Zodan

Looks like Riverdance online :P
    Not bad screenshots, but where is the ui, character classes and character customization ones? :)

90% of the games in development show screenshots with no UI. I am pretty sure they will show character classes later on.

• FlummoxedFlummoxed Member Posts: 591

lots of Bad Things could happen if you were skulking about in pic #2.

Makes me think of Fallout and some places in Half Life 2.

• AlienovrlordAlienovrlord Member Posts: 1,525

I liked the screenshots, they don't have that Copy/Paste repetition you see so often with MMORPG art assets. 

I have to wonder whether you can actually move around all those catwalks in the second pic or if they're only there for fluff.