Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bored

DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

A dull grind game. The 'gore' is the only thing the game has that is slightly diffeent from other grind type games and even that isn't remarkable.

Comments

• SainthoodSainthood Member Posts: 104

I am so sick and tired of comments like this. What mmo isnt a grind. What is it you would like these game to do? Would you like to walk up to a NPC and talk with him and gain a level move to the next gain a level. I mean come on it a freaking game. You are going to have to kill stuff to advance. If you are that lazy go read a book.

• downtoearthdowntoearth Member Posts: 3,558

yea thats why skill based if you use it it skills up type of games are better but devs are to damn lazy to do it

but this game is fine at least it isnt so bugged you cant play it

• mave1mave1 Member UncommonPosts: 18
    Originally posted by Sainthood

I am so sick and tired of comments like this. What mmo isnt a grind. What is it you would like these game to do? Would you like to walk up to a NPC and talk with him and gain a level move to the next gain a level. I mean come on it a freaking game. You are going to have to kill stuff to advance. If you are that lazy go read a book.

Preached ^^

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

Dull is the greatest factor in my op. There's nothing to do. No I certainly wouldn't expect to level by chatting with an NPC and yes I do expect to have to kill thing but when all you do is click and kill, click and kill why bother. There has to be meat to go with the potatoes, for me. The dull aspect is that it is the same game wrapped in a different skin as any  of a group of MMOs. I've heard all the F2P vs P2P arguements. Great. Free. So What? If it doesnt hold a person's interest, why bother.

If folks enjoy it, great. Go for it and have fun. But it's not for me. *shrug*

• nightwing70nightwing70 Member Posts: 142
    Originally posted by Digna

Dull is the greatest factor in my op. There's nothing to do. No I certainly wouldn't expect to level by chatting with an NPC and yes I do expect to have to kill thing but when all you do is click and kill, click and kill why bother. There has to be meat to go with the potatoes, for me. The dull aspect is that it is the same game wrapped in a different skin as any  of a group of MMOs. I've heard all the F2P vs P2P arguements. Great. Free. So What? If it doesnt hold a person's interest, why bother.
    If folks enjoy it, great. Go for it and have fun. But it's not for me. *shrug*

amen!

• MaxisDBMaxisDB Member UncommonPosts: 78

I'll start with what my personal defination of a Grind is. To me a Grind is any time you're doing an action over and over without a specific reason to be doing that action, which leads to boredom. So as an example, if you're just out killing monsters over and over for no reason, that's a grind. On the other hand if you're killing monsters because of an interesting quest, that is part of a storyline, that's not a grind.

Now to get to the point, from my understanding this game is currently in closed beta, meaning that not all content is in the game and we are supposed to be testing the systems. Most of the closed beta's I've been in haven't had all the good content in right from the start, which leads to people thinking that all there is to do is kill kill kill. If you give them time and allow them to add content, the game may change from the repetitive killing of mobs to an interesting story that you play out.

• WindKunWindKun Member Posts: 45

play it for 5 minutes and come up with this? or perhaps just dismiss it because of it being very under the radar with hype.

I've put about 20 hours into it so far since Closed Beta opened, I absolutely love the damn game which is a huge surprise to me. Combat is pretty as hell even check out my PVE music video on you tube :

The ability to customize and upgrade any armor, weapon or jewelry is fuckin sick or deconstruct them for xeons to upgrade other pieces.

• Jabberwock80Jabberwock80 Member Posts: 8

I have one question? What is so "horror" about this game.. sure there is some cool and nasty loading scene but other than that I was really disapointed.

I hoped for a game with real character that could give a cool horror-vibe trough the hole game. But it was a hack and slash game like all the rest of em..

• JangonJangon Member Posts: 5

I've been playing it for about 2 days now, And i'm actually somewhat impressed by it.Sure it's kinda another korean mmo.However, It actually has some western themes to it.There are quite a few quests in the game(If you take the time to explore, And look in the citys and small outposts).It's also a pretty big game world from what i've seen(For a korean mmo that is), The game world doesn't feel like a small little pocket, Like some korean mmos.

I was in Chaste Sanctum(LvL13 instance), And was impressed by how well done it was, Unlocking doors, jump over flame pits and so on.It was a pretty fun experience overall.However i will admit that the game does have a bit of a grind, But i've come to pretty much expect that from almost all korean mmo's.Though it does seem from games like this, That korean devolopers are taking somewhat of a note from Western games such as WoW.

I personally see this as a good thing, I love the armors and weapons in alot of the korean mmo's.So hopefully they'll start making more open world games, With more quests and less and less of a grind.

All n all, It's pretty good for a Free2Play.

• Player-XPlayer-X Member Posts: 83

How long did you play for?? I like it so far, has a kinda dark feel to it and have you seen the nightmare monster that looks like a baby? now that's fucking scary

I think people should give this a bit more time before dismissing it....

• Player-XPlayer-X Member Posts: 83

I'm sorry I got hooked for a few hours and then lost it.

This game is utter shit, every mob gets ripped n half it's great and then it wears off, the PvP is crap as is the game as a whole.

I'm gonna wait for WAR.

• XxSyCxXXxSyCxX Member Posts: 29

Pretty sure most of us are just trying whatever we can to pass time before WAR hits.  This game is good enough to play until then and forgettable enough to put down the second WAR releases.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

I'm willing to be most folks who say its a boring grind haven't gone past level 10 yet and made their first job change.  It is a total grind until you start running the dungeons. 

No, nothing much new here, but its kinda fun, and certainly worth the money I'm paying for it. 

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• SigneSigne Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,524

I've played a character to level 11 (warrior) and one to level 10 (undecided).  I find the quests to be uninspired and the combat to be rather tedious.  So far the game is relatively mundane.  Having said that, I haven't really done anything with DNA, Xeons, or Beast Possession.  I'm trying to last through the tedium to experience those features since they are what the creators claim to be what makes the game different.   PvP isn't implemented yet as far as I know, but if the combat is the same as PvE, I'm not sure even that will be too interesting. 

You have to grab people at the start of a game.  You can't expect them to stick around to see if something interesting will happen eventually which I think must be the intent here. 

If you were expecting anything more then the average korean mmorpg, Then ya, Your gonna be disappointed.It isn't a bad time killer until AoC and WaR come out.An like Kyleran said, Considering you're paying nothing for it, It's no big deal.If you can't stand it, You at least played 1 day closer to AoC and WaR.

• SigneSigne Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,524

I'm not entirely convinced that AoC isn't going to be a mess. 

Originally posted by Signe

I'm not entirely convinced that AoC isn't going to be a mess. 

Time will tell for both games.

• OnizukiOnizuki Member Posts: 1

I miss the Requiem Beta Key giveaway So if some one don't like the game or got bored of it I would be  happy to have one my e-mail  [email protected] thx