Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Huge Thank You to MMORPG for Requiem Beta Key...

ChinaCatChinaCat Member UncommonPosts: 670

Wanted to extend my appreciation for allowing 5,000+ lucky members of your site, a chance to participate in the closed beta of Requiem - Bloodymare  www.playrequiem.com/index.aspx

Enjoying the game a lot, and believe it will surprise a lot of Western players.   It has done an excellent job of improving those qualities about Eastern games many have issues with.   WASD movement is fluid; leveling curve is reasonable, and the gear drops are sweet.   In addition, there is a nice PvP system in the works for the game.    It looks, sounds, and plays really well.

Thanks again MMORPG.     Haven't been able to stop playing all weekend. 

-CC

"Lately it occurs to me,
what a long, strange trip it's been". -Hunter

Comments

• Terrapin54Terrapin54 Member Posts: 23

Ditto.

Thanks MMORPG.   Game rocks.

Terrapin

• Katashi-kunKatashi-kun Member Posts: 517

Didn't get my key here, but still a nice game.  I love the Menus and GUI alot, however since the devs already stated a full char wipe at end of CB and OB, I'm gonna wait to play it until its finished.  I like what I've seen thus far but would prefer to wait.

I always play a priest/healer class in MMOs and I love to solo and its a bitch in this game and don't look forward to losing all my work...hehe

Kemih ~ 13 Red Mage | Currently playing FFXI & LOTRO, awaiting Warhammer Online & Aion...

• CleffyIICleffyII Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,440

The game is OK, and OK is pretty hard to come-by with releases now-a-days.  The PVP definetly needs balance work.  The starting area also needs more modern level design.  You learn at around level 15 that the starting area was the 1st area they made probably 5 years ago.  When you get to the next area you see a huge improvement in the environment.  The skill choices quickly become apparent in the game.  At around level 18 I started to regret putting points into some skills.  Its nice because there are a multitude of ways to build a single class.  All the different ways have thier positives and negatives, and you will definetly have to put in some research if you wanna make a good strong build.

What I am excited to see right now is the premium content.  In the game there will be a premium subscription that unlocks more content, as well as other benefits.  Right now the content is limited and the exp earned from monsters is low.  If that was the Free version than I think great move on how to make people subscribe to your game.  Also what i am excited about is when all the bugs get fixed.  They put a big drop on the instances of 1 initial problem that caused a BSoD in only a couple days which was pretty fast.  But there is still much more to solve and fix like the Mailbox, and ranged based melee skills.

• KalabastinKalabastin Member Posts: 4

Well if  there is any chance of getting a beta key, I would sure like one.

[email protected]

Thanks!

• Katashi-kunKatashi-kun Member Posts: 517

I believe Feb 29th was the last day to get a closed beta key!  You'll have to wait until OB which should start in April.  CB ends like March 26th...

Kemih ~ 13 Red Mage | Currently playing FFXI & LOTRO, awaiting Warhammer Online & Aion...

• draguleadragulea Member Posts: 249

Originally posted by CleffyII
    The game is OK, and OK is pretty hard to come-by with releases now-a-days.  The PVP definetly needs balance work.  The starting area also needs more modern level design.  You learn at around level 15 that the starting area was the 1st area they made probably 5 years ago.  When you get to the next area you see a huge improvement in the environment.  The skill choices quickly become apparent in the game.  At around level 18 I started to regret putting points into some skills.  Its nice because there are a multitude of ways to build a single class.  All the different ways have thier positives and negatives, and you will definetly have to put in some research if you wanna make a good strong build.
    What I am excited to see right now is the premium content.  In the game there will be a premium subscription that unlocks more content, as well as other benefits.  Right now the content is limited and the exp earned from monsters is low.  If that was the Free version than I think great move on how to make people subscribe to your game.  Also what i am excited about is when all the bugs get fixed.  They put a big drop on the instances of 1 initial problem that caused a BSoD in only a couple days which was pretty fast.  But there is still much more to solve and fix like the Mailbox, and ranged based melee skills.

Thanks for the info! Sounds preety good so far. And yeah, I think the idea of a free game with a premium account option is the best way (and the more honest) to attract people: you can play for free as long as you want, but as soon as all your frind will switch for the premium version and will start to tell you about all the cool new features, you'll too soon join them - same thing did Jagex with Runescape and it sure worked ;)

• asasenpaiasasenpai Member Posts: 124

MMORPG.com sucks becuase they only want the U.S. to  get their hands on the close beta not the europeans.

• JelloB2000JelloB2000 Member CommonPosts: 1,848

Originally posted by asasenpai
    MMORPG.com sucks becuase they only want the U.S. to get their hands on the close beta not the europeans.
    Read http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/1874060 .