Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of Conan: Vengeful Mummy and Scaleskin Lizard

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

The folks from Age of Conan have provided us with these two beastiary entries which originally appeared in an AoC newsletter.

Scaleskin Lizard

The vilest magic and the most dangerous alchemical experiments are carried out by the sorcerers of the Black Ring Citadel. The chambers below have become polluted over the centuries and this has had a strange effect on the lizards dwelling in the lightless sewers below. Whether their evolution has regressed or accelerated is not known for sure but the existence of these hybrid humanoid reptiles is well known…and feared by the Stygian population above.

Read it all here.

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188

Cool looking textures, their A.I. (ScaleSkins) looks pretty neat too from recent video's.

• JinxysJinxys Member UncommonPosts: 488

That's some fancy looking texturing there ! Looking good.

• nVisionnVision Member Posts: 3

Woah! Funcom really knows what they are doing. Looks really great!

• ThornrageThornrage Member UncommonPosts: 659

I think I am going to have nightmares ...

"I don't give a sh*t what other people say. I play what I like and I'll pay to do it too!" - SerialMMOist

• HYPERI0NHYPERI0N Member Posts: 3,515

Anyone else notice how bad the bagasket looked on that image showing the single mummy?

It kind of spoiled the nice looking Mummy in my opinion.

Another great example of Moore's Law. Give people access to that much space (developers and users alike) and they'll find uses for it that you can never imagine. "640K ought to be enough for anybody" - Bill Gates 1981

• FionFion Member UncommonPosts: 2,348

I'd have to say Funcom's artists are just crazy good at what they do lol.

Yea the bag didn't look so great. But IMHO it looks more like pottery then a bag.

• pust082pust082 Member Posts: 157

Yeah... pottery for sure. The texturing was not too great, but everything else looked great.

Very nice!

• ravengladeravenglade Member Posts: 48

You'd think if they went through all the trouble to wrap a burial in nice cloth, they would've removed the blood and organs too.

Or mabey that is victims' blood that he has eaten, that is spilling from his belly.

Nice work though, looking good!