Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vista wont open Setup.exe file

anyone else having these problems?

Any solutions

everytime i go to double click it, it acts like its loading but the little loading circle by the cursor never goes away

Comments

• PaulehPauleh Member UncommonPosts: 78

same for me and my friends on vista, any work arounds yet?

• VeighnergVeighnerg Member UncommonPosts: 40

From what i have noticed, it does work, it just takes like 15 minutes.

TSW - Daemon Server
    Waiting on Camelot Unchained!

• diabolicdiabolic Member UncommonPosts: 28

I had the same problem. After you run the .exe file, just wait about 15-20 minutes and it will start. It's just slow for some reason.

• lmorghlmorgh Member Posts: 10

i didn't have any problems with setup un my PC... try right click on the setup and then use Run as administrator option.... maybe it will help..

hf, gl

• flytallguyflytallguy Member Posts: 7

I had the same problem.  I could here my hard drive churning away like crazy for well over 20 minutes on my Vista machine and it's not working.  Set to run as administrator and even  tried compatibility mode. Can anyone else confirm waiting and setting these options didn't work for them either?

• ThornrageThornrage Member UncommonPosts: 659

Before this turns into another sad hate Vista thread ... I had zero problems getting this game to run on VIsta.

"I don't give a sh*t what other people say. I play what I like and I'll pay to do it too!" - SerialMMOist

Easy sparky.  Every OS has its nuances. And I think it's reasonable to assume that everyone who downloaded the game would actually like the opportunity to play it. So by figuring out  what the platforms those of us who are having issues have in common (be it Vista or not)  maybe we can resolve the issue.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

Well, I don't think Vista is the issue.  I successfully downloaded and installed the game with no problems on a cheap(500.00) Acer computer running the Vista Home edition.

Plays just great as well.  So if there's any commonality it must lie elsewhere. (64 bit version? Firewalls?, IE as your default browser, I use Firefox)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• mahierl2005mahierl2005 Member UncommonPosts: 94

I also have no problems running this on a vista laptop with minimal specs. The problem is elsewhere.

Possibly.  I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate 32 bit with Windows  Live One Care (combined Anti-Virus, Anti-Spyware, Firewall)  Normally I get notified when it blocks or detects something but who knows.

• adamch29adamch29 Member UncommonPosts: 71

right click on the program and run it on administrative mode. 

• ManestreamManestream Member UncommonPosts: 941

am using shitty vista myself, am looking for an XP corporate with SP2 (or later) which has been untampered with so i can grab that (by that i mean i WILL pirate it from somewhere). I have the old XP corprate cd, however that just refuse's to recognize my hard-drives (2x 500gb sata, it see's only 110gb even with it fully being updated), i have a copy a friend gave me which see's my hard-drives in full, however its been tampered with and shuts down all windows security settings AND any security software you installed afterwards, so that went in the bin.

I will get hold of a newer cd, i will NOT be paying for it, thats for certain. I just forked out £150 for a bag of shit and from what i have read, even with vista Sp1 comming out soon, XP still runs it in the ground.

Already tried running in administrative mode.  Is that what you did to make it work for you after it failed at first?

• Bama1267Bama1267 Member UncommonPosts: 1,822

When I first got Vista I had a lot of problems with downloads. The problem is the user account control. Sometimes you can run as admin , other times you can not.

I had this problem yesterday as well and could not open as admin. Go to control panel , type in user account into the search then turn it off. If you want to turn it back on later, just go back through the process and select on again. Hope this helps.

• orangejuiceeorangejuicee Member Posts: 6

The reason why it takes a while for Vista to open the .exe is because Vista scans 2 gigabytes of data to check it for viruses and spyware.  Vista does it for every .exe you open to keep your computer safe and secure. ;)

• britzbanbritzban Member UncommonPosts: 260

Sounds like an ID10T error.  I would disable your antivirus and right click "run as administrator".  Should take care of the problem.

Anti-malware off (check)

Firewall off (check)

User Account Control off (check)

Run as administrator (check)

Experiment with different compatibility modes (not request but check anyway)

Wait forever and a day (check)

Called an idiot on the Internet by some kid that's not even old enough to play the game  (check)

Drive still just churns away for several minutes and then nothing.

Really not even that into the idea of playing the game. At this point it's more about having some kind of resolution to a problem I've already invested too much time into.  Plus I figure there are more people out there who've tried these things that would like a solution too.

• uoplayer123uoplayer123 Member Posts: 225
    Originally posted by flytallguy

Anti-malware off (check)
    Firewall off (check)
    User Account Control off (check)
    Run as administrator (check)
    Experiment with different compatibility modes (not request but check anyway)
    Wait forever and a day (check)
    Called an idiot on the Internet by some kid that's not even old enough to play the game  (check)
    Drive still just churns away for several minutes and then nothing.
    Really not even that into the idea of playing the game. At this point it's more about having some kind of resolution to a problem I've already invested too much time into.  Plus I figure there are more people out there who've tried these things that would like a solution too.

Took me long to install than download , one thing I did after a second attempt at installing , is reboot and it worked fine after a slight delay..

• ZsasZZsasZ Member Posts: 208
    Originally posted by britzban

Sounds like an ID10T error.  I would disable your antivirus and right click "run as administrator".  Should take care of the problem.

May wanna consult a mirror on your ID10T issue. A/V has already been addressed, and all 'Run as Administrator' does is bypass UAC.

Evil will always win, because Good is dumb.

• Redon1973Redon1973 Member Posts: 33

Seriously, flytallguy, when the spinning circle comes up, walk away. Go read a book, go shopping, get some fresh air. It takes a really long time, especially if your computer is a little older. 'Forever  and a day' doesn't cut it. Get an egg timer, set it for an hour. If it's still churning at the end of an hour, there's a problem. Forget running Requiem for now and play something else.

Yeah I already gave it hours to do it's thing with no GUI.  I submitted a support ticket and got this as a reply:

If you have no already, please try completely uninstalling the client as well as deleting the setup files that you have used to install the game. Then, download and install the game again. Also, make sure you download the files only from Fileplanet or the www.playrequiem.com web sites without any aid from a download accelerator or manager. If you continue to have problems, please submit another ticket.

---End of reply---

As there is nothing in add/remove programs list I'm not sure how much I can do to uninstall.  Still I'll humor the request when I have the time and attempt another download and install and let you folks know how it turned out. Thanks you all for the good pointers.  I am about ready to hang it up though.

Redownloading with IE instead of FIrefox using the Fileplanet control seemed to do the trick. Thanks all.