Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

a GOOD non-click to move "free" MMORPG?

VehuelVehuel Member Posts: 112

Does it exist?

I've been playing WoW for 8 months and I love the way you could bind buttons for movement (quit due to financial reasons). All the FREE mmorpg's that I've found were all click-to-move and you couldn't alter the keybindings.

And plz, don't say MapleStory <.<' (im an adult gamer)

Currently Playing: 3ds Max 2009
Played and Loved: World of Warcraft, EVE Online, Warhammer Online
Best F2P MMO: Requiem Bloodymare
Want to Play: Aion (See Teaser), DCuniverseOnline (awesome gameplay videos)

Comments

• throckmortonthrockmorton Member Posts: 314

I was anti-click to move until I tried out Shadowbane recently. After a few hours I got completely used to it, and I don't understand why I hated it so much before.

But I'll give you a warning about Shadowbane: It's not for the feint of heart. Prepare to be griefed and looted as soon as you step outside of a freehold city. The learning curve is also very hard; don't try it out if you like easy games.

• fulmanfufulmanfu Member Posts: 1,523

requiem just went in closed beta. i picked up a key pretty easy on fileplanet(so sub required) and i think this site will have some keys friday.

its another korean grindfest, but hey..you use wasd, so take what you can get you pauper.

• jimsmith08jimsmith08 Member Posts: 1,039

theres been a number of korean grindfests that have taken the wasd movement system as of late,ZU online,metin 2, perfect world and requiem being a few examples.

• anotheraddicanotheraddic Member CommonPosts: 44

i wouldn't be so fast to lump Requiem in with all those other grindfests.  I haven't played it for long, but my first 13 levels have been damn fun, at least for a closed beta.

It seems like they have a good combat system, WASD movement, great graphics, mature theme (a plus for me if it weeds out immature kids), and a pretty interesting job/advancement system.  Aduno, its far to early for me to really be endorsing this game, but it doesn't seem to be of the same poor quality as ZU Online, Metin, or even Perfect World which is a game i did support, until some of the shallowness of the game came to face.

It seems, to me at least, to be the highest quality F2P game out there, and its still in closed beta, so my hopes are up, if this beta is indicative to how the rest of this games production is going to be I see myself possibly paying for the premium extras aduno, just give it a try I guess (to around lvl 10) before you bash it.

• redcap036redcap036 Member UncommonPosts: 1,230

Hi, these are not really mmorpg's but they use twitch combat,(wasd+mouse) EXteel or Wolfteam also there is Rakion, you can also try RF-Online it suports both types of control, press the H key to swap ingame,( althou it's not that smooth)

all F2P, hope this helps.

• ludo1800ludo1800 Member UncommonPosts: 2

WASD could be okay, unless you have a NON QWERTY keyboard ...

And if it's not possible to reassign keys, youre doomed !

Believe me, World of F2P is not fair to my AZERTY Keyboard and me ! So, click-to-move is not so bad...

Last Try : Dekaron beta (2 Moons in EU), lifetime on my drive : 5 minutes, time to  find there is no way to change keys ! How a beta can be launched on EU without a way to reassign movement keys  ?

• BlurrBlurr Member UncommonPosts: 2,155

Generally I find that "free" mmos aren't "good" mmos.

"Because it's easier to nitpick something than to be constructive." -roach5000

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508

Not sure if it has WASD, but I hear Perfect World is a pretty good f2p game.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• SchierkeSchierke Member Posts: 7

Dream of mirror online has a good wasd/click on map/click to move settings.

• GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486

I would suggest Guild Wars. It's not entirely free, but once you've bought the game you don't need to pay anything. The game does feature click-to-move but this can be turned off. From what I've seen the most people don't use click-to-move, so I would consider that feature to be almost non-existent in the game. Otherwise it's a really nice game. Give me a PM if you decide to buy it and I can help you out a bit in the game.

• Paragus1Paragus1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,741

I'd have recommend you go take a look at Anarchy online if you haven't yet.  That game has an amazing amount of depth, and I think you can even get the first expansion for $5 a month or something.   It's probably on their website somewhere.

• Devildog1Devildog1 Member Posts: 494

Check out Cabal online it's wasd and/or click to move. It's pretty fun.

• kingbloopkingbloop Member Posts: 180

Requiem = awesome

*edited* I was wrong

• VehuelVehuel Member Posts: 112

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I've found my new love in Zu Online. The shortcut keys in Zu Online are almost exactly the same as in World of Warcraft. Hitting "B" brings up the bag, hitting "L" brings up the quest log, "N" for talents, "C" for Character Overview, and "M" for Map.

Since I loved WoW, Zu Online makes a great alternative as a F2P MMORPG. I just wished the game had a "jump" button/action. And although you can change the key bindings for certain commands, you cannot change the key bindings on the action bar...which blows, but it's better than all the other F2P mmorpgz out there since it lets you change some key bindings.

Currently Playing: 3ds Max 2009
    Played and Loved: World of Warcraft, EVE Online, Warhammer Online
    Best F2P MMO: Requiem Bloodymare
    Want to Play: Aion (See Teaser), DCuniverseOnline (awesome gameplay videos)