Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of Conan: Art Book Preview - Pictish Weapons

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

While in Norway, MMORPG.com was provided with samples from the Age of Conan Art Book. Today, we present this overview of art detailing some of the Pictish weapons.

Read it all here.

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• Deathstrike2Deathstrike2 Member UncommonPosts: 1,777

Your read it all here link seems to be broken.

• SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114

Ya, it's broken to me too.

• chrimwinsterchrimwinster Member Posts: 45

Originally posted by Siphaed

Dont worry you are not missing much.

Just three more less interesting pictures.

Regards

Chrimwinster

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188

Originally posted by chrimwinster

Regards

Chrimwinster

Actually 5 pictures, designed to give a feel for the Picts and a sample from the Art Book (part of the CE edition of the game)

I like the look of the Dagger :)

• greymanngreymann Member Posts: 757

Being the picts defeated the Romans and had a huge navy I kinda picture them being armed with more than pointy sticks.

• chrimwinsterchrimwinster Member Posts: 45

Originally posted by AmazingAvery

Originally posted by chrimwinster

Regards

Chrimwinster

Actually 5 pictures, designed to give a feel for the Picts and a sample from the Art Book (part of the CE edition of the game)

I like the look of the Dagger :)

You are quite correct. I was being a bit negative after a dissapointing technical beta night - could not PVP as well as the tutorial quest (

Regards

Chrimwinster

• VoidriderVoidrider Member Posts: 22
    Originally posted by greymann

Being the picts defeated the Romans and had a huge navy I kinda picture them being armed with more than pointy sticks.

The picts had a navy? Their piracy was purely coastal and more akin to boat raiding. Their neighbors, the Gaels, were likely more advanced and even they had no "navy." At best, Picts were at the level of Gaels in nearly all facets of culture and had possibly acquired their best equipment from Britons and Gaels. When the vikings (Danes mostly) arrived, what little ragtag tribal kingdoms they possessed were smashed. Within three generations their entire civilization was nearly extinguished.

• CimmerierCimmerier Member Posts: 29

Age of Conan takes place about 8000 years before the roman empire...

• VoidriderVoidrider Member Posts: 22

The picts he was referring to were obviously the ones from the "real" world of proto-gaelic history, not Howard's, which were simply based upon them, hence my post also based (and not coincidentally) on the Picts of the "real" world's history.

Picts in the world of Conan are based on historical fact that has actually been modified since Howard died and are much more barbaric and primitive than what is know commonly accepted by historians.

• CimmerierCimmerier Member Posts: 29

Alright, i won't argue with the historical facts. But since this is a game based on a fantasy-world its not really required that its based on correct historical facts, even if its inspired by the real world. So it doesnt matter if the picts in Conan is more primitive and brutal then the historical ones, wich is what the discussion started with.