Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can someone tell me...

PezDSpencerPezDSpencer Member UncommonPosts: 111

#1.  If the official SE windower is out yet (I couldn't find it, but I didn't look all that much).

#2.  Why 3rd party windowers are illegal.  I can understand if you were to use plugins that show other's TP/MP/HP, but if we just wanted to run it windowed, it doesn't seem like that big of a deal.

P.S., I've been told that SE can't trace a windower.  That's not saying I'll ever use one...I'm just curious...

*edit*: spelling, grammar

---
He said to me, "On your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that going for me, which is nice.

Comments

• ParkCarsHereParkCarsHere Member Posts: 666

Originally posted by PezDSpencer

#1.  If the official SE windower is out yet (I couldn't find it, but I didn't look all that much).
    #2.  Why 3rd party windowers are illegal.  I can understand if you were to use plugins that show other's TP/MP/HP, but if we just wanted to run it windowed, it doesn't seem like that big of a deal.

P.S., I've been told that SE can't trace a windower.  That's not saying I'll ever use one...I'm just curious...

*edit*: spelling, grammar
    I think you mean, and tell me if I'm wrong, windower = being able to play FFXI minimized? Because when it first released the game was full screen only and if you minimized it kicked you out. Anyways, when I installed FFXI a couple weeks ago I was very happy to see that the game can be ran in windowed mode! You can finally minimized FFXI and not get kicked out of it.

As for your second point, which probably doesn't matter anymore because SE has implemented the ability it minimize, I believe they are/were illegal, but I'm not sure how they could tell anyways.

• PezDSpencerPezDSpencer Member UncommonPosts: 111

Very good to know, thanks.

---
    He said to me, "On your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that going for me, which is nice.