Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is Darkfall still Relevant?

2»

Comments

• fantarosfantaros Member Posts: 394

Originally posted by Kyleran

Originally posted by Guitano

All the major BS that went on a few years ago have all been fixed.
    Really? No more server lags or crashes?  That would be welcome news, one of the reason I left.
    I can max out any toon in 2 to 3 days - By powerleveling them?  That's less attractive, I sort of like to level up in a game and enjoy it, but from what I understand everyone who joins these days gets powerleveled once they leave the starter island. (if they are smart)
    I can PK people and loot them with 0 restrictions. - Did this change?  When I used to play you could loot whatever they were carrying in their backpack, but not the gear they had equipped. (was still nice though)
    This sounds pretty cool, I never thought it was that bad to begin with, so if its easier, all the better.
    Yep the graphics are not 2008 but look fine to me. The starter zone is not noob friendly.. who cares??? do 10 mins of reading on the SB website for starter zone help.   - Still point and click to move right?  That's gonna take some getting used to again.
    Or Shadowbane might be a little to hardcore and manly for any of you. SB is 150% more hardcore than Darkfall or any game being made or out.
    Now see, you were doing pretty well until this comment.   Suddenly losing interest in playing if this is the sort of attitude I can expect to find in the game.  I certainly don't need to prove my manhood in a video game. 

SB might have some great PVP in it right now, I've considered going back and joining my old guild Shadowclan there.  But its still not on the same plane as DF is supposed to be (no game is, nor am I sure any will ever be in my lifetime) but still could mean some fun.  With nothing new on the near horizon I might go back and give SB a try.

Although i think shadowclan has quit SB a long time ago, there is still alot of fun to be had in that game.

And kyleron the majority of sb players arent like that idiot, they actually play to have fun instead of the old motto play to crush. Also the servers will be wiped soon allowing every1 equal oppurtunities. If u real feel like going back check out the forums http://ubbforums.ubi.com/ to see if u actually know any1 and to get familiar with the game and classes again.

Most of my friendships in SB have started out after exchanging gf tells with those guys if u understand what i m talking about.

• TheCougarTheCougar Member Posts: 39
    Originally posted by Kien

The primary attraction of Darkfall is PvP. To the best of my knowledge, we haven't had a good fantasy PvP game released within the past three years that hasn't sucked. There are at least two games on the horizon that will feature PvP action - WAR, and (to a lesser extent) Age of Conan. I believe one of those two games (most likely WAR) will take off.
    Suppose Darkfall is released a few months or a year after WAR is released. Will people still be interested in Darkfall, assuming the PvP in WAR is good? Or has Darkfall missed its window of opportunity?

Stop posting these kind of threads. You'd be pretty ignorant to think that the "PvP action" in WAR or AoC will be the same as those things promoted in Darkfall. It's like peeing on the ground and calling it raining.

• GuitanoGuitano Member Posts: 208

Originally posted by Electricdawn

Originally posted by 28days

If you guys want freedom, why not just play Shadowbane for the time being?

or better yet - go play Asheron's Call on the Darktide server..   All these DF fanboys claim to love open pvp sandbox , no classes ,  skill based , but yet for some odd reason they're not playing AC1 darktide which is all that and has been since 1999....

It's actually pretty funny.. AC1 darktide is basically what DF wants to be... minus ship battles and mounts..  But yet nobody plays it...   should tell you what kind of road DF chose to head down..

Yes, there are still a few game out that offer this kind of game. It seems like all people want is graphics. There is no up to date mmo out with this style of game. Play somthing along the lines of SB, AC, a classic UO free shard.... somthing. What I really think is that SB and AC are to manly for some people.

Manly? Tell me, how old are you? 13? Maybe 14?

I let you in on a little secret just in case you didn't get it while playing your "manly" game...oops, I already said it. :) Right...it's a friggen GAME. If you want to be manly, why don't you join the Marines and fight the good war in Irak or Afghanistan or where ever else Dubya is going to start another war...But be warned, there is no "respawn" in the real world...

Seriously, you kids really always make me wanting to come back to this forum. There's so much fun to be had here... :)

Manly game!

I was just messing/goofing around today saying SB was a manly game.  Shadowbane though is about the only mmo out that has balls of steel and freedom to show them. I dont care if the game is click point to move, everyone playing is using click point move..... so no disadvantage. YA! I power level myself and friends! Although my newest comp is made by jesus and it runs anything like a hot knife through butter, I get no problems. My older comp playing SB did have a lil lag and what not if I didnt have my settings set good. SB has a massive amount of settings, people dont know how to set them up so they get frustrated.

SHADOWBANE IS A MANLY GAME FOR REAL!

• daarcodaarco Member UncommonPosts: 4,275

M´kay, its a place for men to meet other men?

Maybe i will just sit this one out  LOL

• PolarizationPolarization Member Posts: 1,410

Darkfall is irrelevant to most informed MMO gamers because of its past history.

Darkfall has the potential to possibly become relevant by starting open Beta and releasing.

Darkfall is currently only relevant to the tiny minority of MMO gamers who support it unquestionably.

Originally posted by daarco

Well SB is more hardcore than DF will ever be, thats for sure. You should give it a go, you can meet men and kill them for loot.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

Originally posted by fantaros

Although i think shadowclan has quit SB a long time ago, there is still alot of fun to be had in that game.

Also the servers will be wiped soon allowing every1 equal oppurtunities.

Actually, with the upcoming wipe Shadowclan is contemplating a return.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Are u recruiting?

Originally posted by daarco

Well SB is more hardcore than DF will ever be, thats for sure. You should give it a go, you can meet men and kill them for loot.

Maybe i will go back to SB. But i have a problem with the point and click movement : (  I feel as if i have no control of my character.

And this time i will join a big clan.

If u are going back to sb seriously i strongly advise u NOT to join a big guild. Big guilds tend to be rather impersonal, thus eliminating a big deal of fun out of the game.

Try being the only assassin (pretty essential toon in big scale pvp) in 4 grps and asking for heals in a vent of 40 people. By the time people realise whose voice that is u r already dead..... Try finding a guild that suits your playtime and is actually willing to guide u through the process of developing a toon instead of handing u a template which u will never understand why it made and how to play it to its full effect.

U may have played SB in the past but it has changed alot in the past couple of years

edit: SB is no more manly than hello kitty online, hell there are numerous ways to avoid fights (evac, setting your mine time at the same time as the most hated nation on the server, setting banes too late or too early). IF u really are a man, meaning over 18-20 yrs old and decently smart, u will send gf tells and leave it that,

• HoldMeHoldMe Member Posts: 99

Yeah I was checking out their site and noticed that as well, it would be nice to see the clan return in full.  I'd be interested in joining up with them for the SB restart.  Unfortunately they are all mostly just waiting on that over-hyped trash known as Warhammer so they won't be there long if they do go. 

The only nation I hated to see us (CoS nation, PRX myself) take down on Treachery was Shadowclan, the rest just deserved to be burned and lord how they did.

Anyways, I keep my eye always on them.  As for the guy shouting all of this about how hardcore SB is....that's actually funny considering all of the major old pvp guilds that have been playing with/against each other since the early UO days all pretty much agree SB was the most  "hardcore carebear pvp" game there ever was.  Hell probably 80% of the nations/guilds in the game wouldn't even fight because they were always too scared to lose a precious city.  Everyone just wanted to hold hands and farm gold so they could play SIM City in peace.

Shadowbanes population is ok these days. What is going to go wrong is that, if you remember when WoW released, Shadowbanes population droped to about 30 to 50 people online in prime time and that was a weekend. When AoC, WoWHammer and Spellborn release, you can count on Shadowbanes population droping to a (VERY)  low population. I remember running with one of my toons from one side of the map to the other and not finding one person on track. I think that these are the last days of Shadowbane, so enjoy. I really miss the old pay to play days when the game was released, well the first two years of SB rocked hard.

I still get a kick out of Shadowbane when I PK. You get those hate tells of WTF, why did you kill me, BISH!  Im not the smartest tool in the shed.... people are fking stupid, its like eating fast food for a very long time and then bitching about gaining weight. I dont get it, makes me wonder what people will do in Darkfall if they get PKed and looted.

• ArawonArawon Member Posts: 1,108

Don't think the OP's question is answerable. I am not willing to assume it will ever see the light of day.

hmm, we can only wait and see. I think both fanbois and trolls would miss this if DF were to be officially cancelled.

Originally posted by HoldMe

Yeah I was checking out their site and noticed that as well, it would be nice to see the clan return in full.  I'd be interested in joining up with them for the SB restart.  Unfortunately they are all mostly just waiting on that over-hyped trash known as Warhammer so they won't be there long if they do go. 

The only nation I hated to see us (CoS nation, PRX myself) take down on Treachery was Shadowclan, the rest just deserved to be burned and lord how they did.

Anyways, I keep my eye always on them.  As for the guy shouting all of this about how hardcore SB is....that's actually funny considering all of the major old pvp guilds that have been playing with/against each other since the early UO days all pretty much agree SB was the most  "hardcore carebear pvp" game there ever was.  Hell probably 80% of the nations/guilds in the game wouldn't even fight because they were always too scared to lose a precious city.  Everyone just wanted to hold hands and farm gold so they could play SIM City in peace.

Im not sure what wuss guild you joined in SB. My guild had (many) fights, banes, defends and so on. Our city stood all through each server we migrated to. Our guild city only fell after our members left SB for another game. The funny thing was we only had around 15 to 20 people playing SB when our city fell. It was like 60 to 70 people vs us. Id also toss in that my guild PKed everyone aside from our small 2 nation sub guilds, we had tons of people that hated us. Shadowbane is what you make it, join a guild that is crap, you get crap gameplay. Join a guild that is pvp minded, you get the best out of Shadowbane.

• HoldMeHoldMe Member Posts: 99

lol you don't know which guild/nation I was in even though I just POSTED it?  I want my tax dollars back if you go to school in my zipcode man.

Anyhow like I said, CoS nation.  The only beta nation to survive and then move on to beat everyone else when the new map rolled out.  It's cool though, anyone who's never heard of PRX hasn't been pvping in these games long enough to debate shadowbanes "hardcoreness" with.

There is one thing im wondering about when it comes to PvP MMOs such as SB........how much will the SB experience gain you in Darkfall?

Is it the teamwork, lots of friends and a strong  mind during big battles?  im wondering because the point and click system SB used cant add much...or?

• KroganKrogan Member UncommonPosts: 304

OP obviously have no clue what he is talking about, Darkfall is not first and for most a pvp game, its not even about pvp its about Freedom.

Age of Conan and War to an even less extent has nothing remotely on Darkfall, you shouldn't even mention those games in the same sentence as Darkfall.

• DefendpeaceDefendpeace Member Posts: 91

yep there pretty much the same old same old we have been getting the last 10 years or at least 5 pregressivly getting worse

• GurikidGurikid Member Posts: 6

WoW nubes can't take the heat of real PvP and Full Loot. They like to sit around all day killing friggin computer controled monsters,

• CyberWizCyberWiz Member UncommonPosts: 914

Originally posted by Iijs
    Originally posted by Warcriminal Earthrise is sceduled for 2009
    I saw that and laughed. When will devs learn? You cannot pump out a MMO in 1 or 2 years. It can't be done.
    Just once I'd love to see someone announce a game, say in 2008 with a release in 2013, and actually HIT THE TARGET.
    Heck, if things went really, really well, they might actually release it in 2012 and shock the hell out of everyone by being early!
    Someone needs to clue in these Bulgarians.

The game is already been worked on for around 3 years.

If you are interested in subscription or PCU numbers for MMORPG's, check out my site :
    http://mmodata.blogspot.be/
    Favorite MMORPG's : DAoC pre ToA-NF, SWG Pre CU-NGE, EVE Online

• dwhaphamdwhapham Member UncommonPosts: 44

If you guys want freedom, why not just play Shadowbane for the time being? All the major BS that went on a few years ago have all been fixed. I can max out any toon in 2 to 3 days, I can PK people and loot them with 0 restrictions. There are lots of classes to play and endless toon builds. Mobs drop large amounts of gold and items and player owned shops sell things at fair prices. SB does have items but not to the point of the game being item based like any game out or in the works. Yep the graphics are not 2008 but look fine to me. The starter zone is not noob friendly.. who cares??? do 10 mins of reading on the SB website for starter zone help. Or Shadowbane might be a little to hardcore and manly for any of you. SB is 150% more hardcore than Darkfall or any game being made or out.

I actually tried Shadowbane a few days ago and couldn't stand it. The point and click system for movement is terrible, its still buggy (CTD's twice in 2 hours), it lacks any real content, and it looks horrible. On top of that, every server I tried was deserted... The only thing it has going for it is tha it's free to play.

www.davesmediaworld.com

Videos, games, jokes, and more...

• ghoul31ghoul31 Member Posts: 1,955

Originally posted by dwhapham

I actually tried Shadowbane a few days ago and couldn't stand it. The point and click system for movement is terrible, its still buggy (CTD's twice in 2 hours), it lacks any real content, and it looks horrible. On top of that, every server I tried was deserted... The only thing it has going for it is tha it's free to play.
    www.davesmediaworld.com
    Videos, games, jokes, and more...

The reason the servers were deserted is they are closing themm all in a couple weeks, and starting 2 new fresh servers. try it then

• DefendpeaceDefendpeace Member Posts: 91

yea i have a SB account but im on test center i had to fix the controls a bit tho XD