Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Roleplay Server in DE

sweekessweekes Member Posts: 22

The following was pulled from the DE Forums, I thought I should help get the word out, I for one am in favor of RP servers, and refuse to play any others... if you feel the same, SIGN THE PETITION!

Right now Dragon Empires does not have a Role Play server planned for launch. I love to roleplay and wont accept this. In the recent Just RPG article, it said that if enough interrest was shown they would create a role play server for Dragon Empires. So lets make some interrest! Sign here to ask Code Masters to include a role play server on the launch of dragon empires. The following terms apply:

1) The Server must be ready at launch
2) It must support NA & European players on one server
3) The Server must have some way to ensure that the server remains as a role player server, ex. A way to report names like a gulid named l33t archerz or a person named JediMaster12322.

Codies said they would add a roleplay server if we wanted it, so lets show them we want it!

http://www.petitiononline.com/dragon33/petition.html

-DaemonBarber
Fleet Street, London

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd love to have a battle of wits with you, but you appear to be unarmed.

Comments

• NihilxNihilx Member UncommonPosts: 141

Signed it and really hope it won't be ignored. For me role-playing is the most important part of an MMORPG and I've gone off on quite a few because of the l33t crowds.

AC (retired); EQ (retired); DAoC (retired); Horizons (retired); EQII (retired); CoH (retired); AC II (tested); Lineage II (beta); Neocron (tested); Saga of Ryzom (beta); SWG (retired)...

• tricontricon Member Posts: 141

Me too has signed up for the petition. Role playing would makes D/E more fun!image

The Best thing about the future is that it comes only one day at a time.

• brando13184brando13184 Member UncommonPosts: 67

Even if there isn't an official roleplay server I know that there is a roleplaying player run Empire being put together.  I know this cuz I'm helping to put it together.

Our goal is to hold roleplaying events as well as a running storyline between all the clans involved.  If the dev team won't implement it, then the players will.

• EmlirEmlir Member Posts: 13

This is an excellent idea.  I just signed the petition myself, and will be linking to it on my clan page.  I suggest that all clan leaders do this for the people in their clans who might enjoy such a server.  RP servers are the one place where any back-story, history, lore, etc. your clan has will actually have some weight.  And for those of you who shy away from an RP server I have this to say:  RP servers are not all about people who want to "become" their character.  People who play on RP servers are generally just more mature.  When you've RP'ed for a while you begin to realize that standing in a popular city hawking your wares is still RP, a crafter who lived in Fortitude would do exactly that.  However, a crafter in Fortitude would not be named "$$KwAzEe KwApHtA$$".  That sort of thing is the difference between RP and regular servers.

Thankyou,

and let the Titans guide your hand.

-Emlir, spokesman and diplomatic liaison for the Legacy of Titan clan.

http://www.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=16446&TabID=148660

The Legacy of Titan clan, of which I am the spokesman, hereby declares its support for a RP server.  Our clan will play on an RP server (be it official, or unofficial) upon release of the game, and will encourage others to do so as well. 

I'd like to mention, again, that RP is not about creepy guys who do nothing but play their game of choice.  RP'ers have lives, we have jobs, we have families.  Nobody expects you to speak in old english, nobody expects you to salute when a dignitary enters the room.  RP servers are mainly in place to keep griefers and l337 D0odZ from making the game miserable for the rest of us (if you don't know what "l337 D0odZ" are, you belong on an RP server image).

And, in that light, I'd like to welcome anybody who fits into the above-mentioned category to come check out the Legacy of Titan clan.  Browse our site to get an idea as to what we're about, and drop us a line on the public boards.  Since it's kind of pointless to have any restrictions on membership pre-beta (because we have only limited information on how the game will actually work) we have an open recruitment policy.  Leadership and plain-ole' member positions available. :)

• HellsbaneHellsbane Member Posts: 23

Originally posted by sweekes

The following was pulled from the DE Forums, I thought I should help get the word out, I for one am in favor of RP servers, and refuse to play any others... if you feel the same, SIGN THE PETITION!

Right now Dragon Empires does not have a Role Play server planned for launch. I love to roleplay and wont accept this. In the recent Just RPG article, it said that if enough interrest was shown they would create a role play server for Dragon Empires. So lets make some interrest! Sign here to ask Code Masters to include a role play server on the launch of dragon empires. The following terms apply:

1) The Server must be ready at launch
    2) It must support NA & European players on one server
    3) The Server must have some way to ensure that the server remains as a role player server, ex. A way to report names like a gulid named l33t archerz or a person named JediMaster12322.

Codies said they would add a roleplay server if we wanted it, so lets show them we want it!

http://www.petitiononline.com/dragon33/petition.html

-DaemonBarber
    Fleet Street, London

Although i am not a real role player, " none of the thee,s and thou,s " when i play my chosen profession in other online games, i tend to be a real nice guy and very helpful to others. So, i signed your petition.

Death is but a dream. Welcome to your worst nightmare!!

Death is but a dream. Welcome to your worst nightmare!!

Not very many people do, it's a bit of a pain image.  Thanks for helping us fight the 1337's and griefers.

• SunbrightSunbright Member Posts: 34

I was wondering what the difference is between a roleplay server and non. Yes I'm new to these online games :)

RP servers generally don't enforce RP, although if you practice RP there then it's all the better.  The main thing that a dev-enforced RP server will do is weed out those who practice anti-RP.  You won't see names like 1337 |/|4573r and you won't have to deal with the people who'd make a name like that.  Generally, if for no other reason, you should consider joining an RP server simply because they have a much higher maturity level.  It's like adult-swim, little kids (1337's in this case) will hate it, but those who just want to play the game with less griefers and general pains-in-the-rear will love it.

• SunbrightSunbright Member Posts: 34
    thanx emlir for taking the time and explaining the difference to me. yes I would prefer and RPserver