Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I actually like patch 1.4

pussaykatpussaykat Member Posts: 791

First of all they fixed mires and now i can level in that zone. Plateau was too hard for me at 32 and i was stuck grinding.

I like the new attributes. Now putting points in there really customizes your toon because everything is useful. Well mind a lil less but the other 2 are really nice.

I hear they reworked the difficulty past lvl 30. This is also nice since what i experienced from those levels before 1.4 was a whole lot of dying.

Now tr is fun again.

Somme ppl just won't adapt. Like this guy in general. He was crying because grav armor lost armor. It didn't occur to him that all the armor he lost he prolly has in health now? About the regen rate, it says in the manual, low regen. Why woudnt it have low regen?

-Would you like cheddar or swiss cheese?
-Yes.

Comments

• sadnebulasadnebula Member UncommonPosts: 263

do like the respec and the attribute system. now if they would figure out that rpgs and launchers should do more damage  than staves and swords.

• TeflonEddieTeflonEddie Member Posts: 270

Quite a lot of people have been complaining about the Graviton "nerf" and completely failing to read patch notes. One guardian in particular was whining at length 'til we finally managed to get it through to him, "Put some points in BODY ffs!".

The next comment he posted was "100k armour lawl, sweet!"

As for the regen, Graviton has the best regen in-game now; especially at pump 5.

• pussaykatpussaykat Member Posts: 791

Woudnt know, i'm a sniper. Grav has good regen and good armor? Op much?

-Yes.

• wide52wide52 Member Posts: 96

no rpgs and rockets should not do more dmg then a staff or a sword .

1  they are  AOE attack  staff sword are single target

2   melee weapons always do more dmg cause you have to be up close and more then likely  in the middle of the group while they are all shooting you. You can get 3 or more shots off with a rocket lauchers off before they even shoot back,  from a distance. Not being shot  while you are running to them so you can melee them.

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

Originally posted by wide52

2   melee weapons always do more dmg cause you have to be up close and more then likely  in the middle of the group while they are all shooting you. You can get 3 or more shots off with a rocket lauchers off before they even shoot back,  from a distance. Not being shot  while you are running to them so you can melee them.

This is what i would see as someone unable to addept or use any form of tactics, first using your sword makes you allot faster then someone holding a rocket launcher, the trick is to use tactics when you use sword, so simply do not use your sword ONLY, you might want to consider using some of your skills together with your weapons.

Overall nice to see this topic and seeing hte patch seems ot be working alright, at first when reading the patch notes i became allite scared about the "slightly easier" part, well.......i'll see how it works out for me hopefully this weekend when i'm able to spend some time in TR.

Originally posted by Reklaw

This is what i would see as someone unable to addept or use any form of tactics, first using your sword makes you allot faster then someone holding a rocket launcher, the trick is to use tactics when you use sword, so simply do not use your sword ONLY, you might want to consider using some of your skills together with your weapons.

Overall nice to see this topic and seeing hte patch seems ot be working alright, at first when reading the patch notes i became allite scared about the "slightly easier" part, well.......i'll see how it works out for me hopefully this weekend when i'm able to spend some time in TR.

this is what I call somone wanting to make a weapon so overpowered that there is no point to use anyother weapon.  The point is there is suppose to be a trade off either you want lower AOE dmg to a whole group from a distance ( RPG) or more dmg to a single target up close ( staff or sword) .  So thats your tatics depending your play style and likes . If the ranged AOE did more dmg then the single target melee then what would even be the point to use the melee weapon? No one would. 

I am glad they did not make it much easier. I dont want to game you can just walk thru with out any effort.

• sadnebulasadnebula Member UncommonPosts: 263

It really doesn't get much easier than using melee weapons in this game, the damage is over  the top, there is no risk from  spash damage agro. I see the point of aoe damage being less than melee,  but in this case,  not as we're seeing it now. Staff, run up wack away, single target after single target falls, I actually kill faster this way than trying to use a rpg.

rpgs, and launchers are to weak for the agro they bring. rpgs / launchers are way off in their killing effect. If nothing else cut the splash down , up the main target damage,  but no way a stave  or sword should be so much more effective than shooting a missile at something. and this isn't even taking into effect ranged attack on staffs. As far as danger, please. You can run about the whole group of bane for sometime before you draw the agro a single rpg round will give you.

this is what I call somone wanting to make a weapon so overpowered that there is no point to use anyother weapon. Since you reply to me i must ad that it seems you did NOT understand what i have said else how could you even consider me wanting a overpowered weapon, lol, try reading what i said and how i responded to you. The point is there is suppose to be a trade off either you want lower AOE dmg to a whole group from a distance ( RPG) or more dmg to a single target up close ( staff or sword) .  So thats your tatics depending your play style and likes . If the ranged AOE did more dmg then the single target melee then what would even be the point to use the melee weapon? No one would. Again if someone ONLY writes about using weapons (which you did)  like i reply'd before USE TACTICS, use some of the skills you have, does this really make me want a overpowered weapon? think NOT, think you might have misunderstood me as i was NOT talking about using a weapon only.

I am glad they did not make it much easier. I dont want to game you can just walk thru with out any effort. Atleast here we agree

this is what I call somone wanting to make a weapon so overpowered that there is no point to use anyother weapon. Since you reply to me i must ad that it seems you did NOT understand what i have said else how could you even consider me wanting a overpowered weapon, lol, try reading what i said and how i responded to you. The point is there is suppose to be a trade off either you want lower AOE dmg to a whole group from a distance ( RPG) or more dmg to a single target up close ( staff or sword) .  So thats your tatics depending your play style and likes . If the ranged AOE did more dmg then the single target melee then what would even be the point to use the melee weapon? No one would. Again if someone ONLY writes about using weapons (which you did)  like i reply'd before USE TACTICS, use some of the skills you have, does this really make me want a overpowered weapon? think NOT, think you might have misunderstood me as i was NOT talking about using a weapon only.

I am glad they did not make it much easier. I dont want to game you can just walk thru with out any effort. Atleast here we agree

ok all this started because you said that  RPG and rockets should be more powerful then a sword or staff.

I was just trying to point out why they shouldn't .  So weapons are not included in your " tactics"  then why did you even bring them up in the first place?

Of course you do most dmg with your weapon.  The powers  are secondary  and some classes dont even have very many attack powers.

But hey if you go thru the game with out useing a weapon  then i will admit you do have better tactics then me

ok all this started because you said that  RPG and rockets should be more powerful then a sword or staff. I'm sorry man, but really ........this has NOT started with me saying rockets should be more powerfull, could you please point out what sentence made you believe i said that, if so i might need to put words in a different order in order for you to understand what i have said

I was just trying to point out why they shouldn't . Thats your right to do so but please if you do so do not put words in my mouth i never said, then all is fine by me So weapons are not included in your " tactics"  then why did you even bring them up in the first place? Again try and actualy read what i have said or explain what made you think or asume i was saying DO NOT USE WEAPONS. I said USE TACTICS, mix up your weapons with your skills, not one part of my text said USE SKILLS ONLY, if i have said use skills only then you're tright, but the fact remains i never said that....sorry man but you really need to actualy understand what you read before you reply

Of course you do most dmg with your weapon.  The powers  are secondary  and some classes dont even have very many attack powers.

But hey if you go thru the game with out useing a weapon  then i will admit you do have better tactics then me. Well i already said it but here goes again..... try and READ + UNDERSTAND what you have read before you reply, this is not me bashing you, but this is me trying to make you understand you did not really read and understood what i have said.

Also when i say DO NOT USE A WEAPON ONLY  which to me means that you should not ONLY use your weapon but mix them up with skills, hope this clears up what i have meant.

• RomirRomir Member Posts: 36

I just bloged my opinion on the patch lol.

I like it too, not not the "big fix" we are all waiting for but it has given us an insight into what the dev team can do. I am just waiting to see what they cam produce for the "micro patches" we are going to get now, convincing content please!

Originally posted by sadnebula

do like the respec and the attribute system. now if they would figure out that rpgs and launchers should do more damage  than staves and swords.

This is what i was talking about , but i now see it was not you (REKLAW )  so sorry

but you still replied to me saying somthing about useing tactics , and i was just pointing out was why  RPG should not do more dmg then a staff or a sword. So nomatter what tactic you use you weapon is still your main source of dmg.  and no way an ranged AOE should do more dmg to a target then a single target melee. Cause then there would be no reason to even use the melee weapon.  Every weapon in a game needs to have it  +  and  -  depending on how you like to play .

So i thought it was you who wrote the comment I had  replied about to start with. again sorry about that.

• GerecGerec Member CommonPosts: 185

I agree that launchers need some serious help. I have them at pump 5 and most main targets regen the armor of one hit before I'm done reloading. They're OKAY at best in a group (meaning player group) situation, but nothing to brag about. Solo, they're entirely useless, and the splash damage even moreso. RPGs are decent and I do use them. I think they need a little more damage though.

I do like the patch though.

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

I like this patch too, mostly because of the respec which allowed me to correct my builds. I don't have much complaint about grav armor, it's arguably the best armor now and stealth armor along with hazmat just got tossed into the trash. My grenadier is more fun now since I pumped body and mind, and now i can actually spam shrapnel and tech strike with decent damage and enough power points.

My sniper wears reflective and haven't had any problems with it and spy with the obvious motor assist

• pussaykatpussaykat Member Posts: 791

So many ppl on general chat are crying over the health reevaluation. It didn't get nerfed or boosted, it got torn down and rebuilt all over again. They claim it takes them more time to kill stuff. I'm not sure if it's my class but as a sniper i didn't notice any difference except on the giant machines.

Some ppl are threatning to quit over the patch, i just don't get it. The only thing that actually got nerfed is the rarity drops from missions. I think that was done to fix the economy, add some value to money.

-Yes.

• MMO-ManiacMMO-Maniac Member Posts: 176

Originally posted by pussaykat

So many ppl on general chat are crying over the health reevaluation. It didn't get nerfed or boosted, it got torn down and rebuilt all over again. They claim it takes them more time to kill stuff. I'm not sure if it's my class but as a sniper i didn't notice any difference except on the giant machines.
    Some ppl are threatning to quit over the patch, i just don't get it. The only thing that actually got nerfed is the rarity drops from missions. I think that was done to fix the economy, add some value to money.

Well, the health change slowed the game down. For me that's a bad thing. The pace of the game was almost frantic before the patch, I loved it.

Now it's just kinda slower, and like i said elsewhere, It feels like i'm playing my WoW hunter.

This isn't a game breaker, but it does take away from the fun level i had before 1.4