Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Purpose of this Forum

2»

Comments

• acmtalkacmtalk Member Posts: 405

Originally posted by Cemoa
    This forum needs to be removed. All it is is people bashing SWG developers for reasons unknown. In NO way is this helping new players find the source of the anger from the NGE. I have seen NO posts regarding reasons why people have quit the NGE besides "$oe is a worthless piece of crap and the NGE is horrible". What? Huh? Oh, sorry, I was too busy looking for the point. The people here cannot move on and all this forum is doing is encouraging them to spread their worthless and horribly misinterpreted information. It deserves to be removed.
    ROFL!  MS NGE fanboy!   This forum is by no means to The people who play This crap nge, But the vets Who quit, Simple, go to the current swg forums.

• MVSAx1MVSAx1 Member Posts: 26

Originally posted by Stradden
    Greetings one and all!

I wanted to write a quick note to explain, first, that the original wording for this forum might have been misleading. I have ammended it to be more inclusive of new and perspective players who are curious as to why so many people are angered over this particular game.

The reasoning behind the creation of our two new SWG forums was never to stifle anyone's opinions, but rather to give everyone a fair chance to express their views on this game. I realize that there are very strong feelings surrounding the sweeping changes that were made to this game, and we want to provide a place where people can discuss this issue. It has always been my intention to have this place be used as well by newcomers who are curious about gaining perspective on the events of this game's past, including the NGE and CU. I appologise if the original wording of the description for this forum was misleading, and hope that by adding to the description, I have cleared this up.

I hope that by providing these two seperate forums, these two distinct aspects and points of view on this game can both be heard so that everyone who has a voice, can be heard.

Jon Wood
    *edit: I also wanted to clear up some confusion about the actual NAME of this forum. From Dictionary.com, the word Refuge means: 1. shelter or protection from danger, trouble, etc.: to take refuge from a storm. 2. a place of shelter, protection, or safety. 3. anything to which one has recourse for aid, relief, or escape. I chose that name due to the controversey that is caused around people posting opinions about the changes. I thought that it was an appropriate for a forum dedicated to this particular subject.

thank you for being extremely one sided. They can trash us but cant take it?

I am an SWG original, I played beta 1 with thunderheart. Flame pre cu and I - WILL - destroy you.
    PS Veteran as well, big shout out to emerald NC FTW!

• iskareotiskareot Member Posts: 2,143

This forum needs to be removed.
    All it is is people bashing SWG developers for reasons unknown. In NO way is this helping new players find the source of the anger from the NGE. I have seen NO posts regarding reasons why people have quit the NGE besides "$oe is a worthless piece of crap and the NGE is horrible". What? Huh? Oh, sorry, I was too busy looking for the point. The people here cannot move on and all this forum is doing is encouraging them to spread their worthless and horribly misinterpreted information.
    It deserves to be removed.

This one has to be a joke or someone that has not been around the game for the last year... one or the other.

If your asking for a list of why the NGE is a failure and why the game is now in the dump then you need to open your eyes and look around.

Go to the SOE boards and just read them....

If you think this is a polished game that has treated its loyal playerbase well then you need to send a email to Mr. Smedley himself and ask him what happend, because your either the worst fanboi without any information or just some kid trying to piss people off.

Somthing is not right with this one... people under rocks know about this mess man.

• ShaydeShayde Member Posts: 4,529
    Originally posted by iskareot

This forum needs to be removed.
    All it is is people bashing SWG developers for reasons unknown. In NO way is this helping new players find the source of the anger from the NGE. I have seen NO posts regarding reasons why people have quit the NGE besides "$oe is a worthless piece of crap and the NGE is horrible". What? Huh? Oh, sorry, I was too busy looking for the point. The people here cannot move on and all this forum is doing is encouraging them to spread their worthless and horribly misinterpreted information.
    It deserves to be removed.

This one has to be a joke or someone that has not been around the game for the last year... one or the other.

If your asking for a list of why the NGE is a failure and why the game is now in the dump then you need to open your eyes and look around.

Go to the SOE boards and just read them....

If you think this is a polished game that has treated its loyal playerbase well then you need to send a email to Mr. Smedley himself and ask him what happend, because your either the worst fanboi without any information or just some kid trying to piss people off.

Somthing is not right with this one... people under rocks know about this mess man.

Don't taunt the obvious plant.

Shayde - SWG (dead)
    Proud member of the Cabal.

imageimage
    It sounds great, so great in fact, I pitty those who canceled :( - Some deluded SWG fanboi who pities me.
    I don't like it when you say things. - A Vanguard fan who does too.
    09f911029d74e35bd84156c5635688c0

• Jester92Jester92 Member Posts: 156
    2 words and a sentance    NGE SUCKS   NGE Ended this game for me i dont even really want to talk about how badly they just lost about half of their vets :/

J. B.

• AsisAsis Member Posts: 8
    Originally posted by Jester92

2 words and a sentance    NGE SUCKS   NGE Ended this game for me i dont even really want to talk about how badly they just lost about half of their vets :/
    only HALF their vets? try about 99.99999% of their vets! NGE ended this game for me too...the CU was ok even if i didnt really like it...they took away my bleed shot for pistols 4
  • LiddokunLiddokun Member UncommonPosts: 1,665
    I'm sad my master weaponsmith and master creature handler are now gone... sniff sniff....
  • GindaccaGindacca Member Posts: 55

Originally posted by hargrave

More like prison is the better term lets shove all the free speechers and NGE haters who tell it like is into there own forum and give obraik and pirrg there own forum to spread propaganda which is where 99% of the flaming came from is those 2. Theres 9 bleeping forums already 9 and they werent used either for what they were now these are supose to magically work lol wtf?

Sorry for coming into this late without reading the entire thread.

I saw the image of a FOX news reporter in HARGRAVE's post and had to ask:fox news headline

Is that headline for real? 

Is SOE out?  Bioware is taking over SWG???

**Returned SWG player**
    IGN: Gindacca, RACE: Wookiee
    OLD GUILD: [cCc] (aka: BOC)
    NEW GUILD: -SAS-
    PROF: Light Jedi (elder)
    (pre-NGE PROF: TKM/Master Swordsman)
    SERVER: Chimaera (Euro)

• KylrathinKylrathin Member Posts: 426

No, it's a Photoshopped wish.

There's a sucker born every minute. - P.T. Barnum

• GindaccaGindacca Member Posts: 55

Ah...okay.  Thanks.  

**Returned SWG player**
    IGN: Gindacca, RACE: Wookiee
    OLD GUILD: [cCc] (aka: BOC)
    NEW GUILD: -SAS-
    PROF: Light Jedi (elder)
    (pre-NGE PROF: TKM/Master Swordsman)
    SERVER: Chimaera (Euro)

• BreaghaBreagha Member Posts: 131

Just wanted to say that a refuge is also a place for people who're without home... and seeing as SWG is gone, people do need a refuge to go to :) - that or sleep outside in the rain :P

I found my refuge another place, though, so never really went looking for one here.

Personally, I think it's a good idea for people who're tired of SOE's antics and angry about the NGE to have a place of their own.

"So I contend that the player stories will always be more powerful than the scripted stories that we try to tell the players."

- Will Wright

• kobie173kobie173 Member UncommonPosts: 2,075

Originally posted by Bree'ah

Just wanted to say that a refuge is also a place for people who're without home... and seeing as SWG is gone, people do need a refuge to go to :) - that or sleep outside in the rain :P
    I found my refuge another place, though, so never really went looking for one here.
    Personally, I think it's a good idea for people who're tired of SOE's antics and angry about the NGE to have a place of their own.
    So do I. It's called "outside."

Get a life, people.

So I started to walk into the water. I won't lie to you boys...I was terrified. But I pressed on, and as I made my way past the breakers, a strange calm came over me. I don't know if it was divine intervention or the kinship of all living things, but I tell you, Jerry, at that moment ... I was a marine biologist.

But... those are boring...

Where's the fun in that?

"So I contend that the player stories will always be more powerful than the scripted stories that we try to tell the players."

- Will Wright

• daarcodaarco Member UncommonPosts: 4,275

Originally posted by Bree'ah

But... those are boring...
    Where's the fun in that?

hmm i recognice this name......did you play on the euro-chimera server? Or maybe im just wrong.

You're not wrong - 'Ello, Daarco :)

- Will Wright

ha ha, nice to "see" a real SWG vet : )

Now i miss SWG even more. I have tryed two times to play it since the NGE, but it is not the same anymore : (     How about you? 

On and off... Can't seem to let it go and can't play it :P

More time passes between resubs, though. Figure I'll eventually stop bothering *smiles wryly*

- Will Wright

Thats a sad end to a great era of SWG. But now is 2008, something equal must come soon.....and then will all old SWG sleepers wake up and prosper again.

I have not had one solid MMO to play since the NGE. Im pathetic. Instead i made some Star Wars lightsaber movies.....

Thats how much i miss it  LOL

Wow... a much better way to use your time, than wasting it on SWG ;D - Pretty cool!

As for better games, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Age of Conan. Hoping that'll be my new MMO :)

- Will Wright

• HyperTechHyperTech Member Posts: 13

Wow... I came back to the game after roughly 3 years, and I am trying out my little 15-day trial. Was excited to get back into it, after surfing around some other MMO's I realized how nice SWG is.... was...

At first I thought you guys were just really b***chy (no offense) and nitpicking little changes, but now I see how horribly wrong it has gone. Its like I woke up in a twilight zone, everything is the same, but.... different.

I'm more bummed out than I am pissed off at it, and trust me I was getting pretty pissed off for the first hour trying to figure out exactly what the hell was going on. I say that like I ever figured out what was going on, but oh well... Maybe it can still be a good game to fresh eyes, but I wont be able to go on playing it.

*pats*

Well... we are b***chy (none taken) and probably even obnoxious, but that's not the same as that we aren't right :P

- Will Wright