Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My brann hybrid

pussaykatpussaykat Member Posts: 791

So i mainly did the brann hybrid quest to get xp and to check out the skins of it. My question is: are the brann hybrids actually useful? I'm a sniper. I was thinking maybe something like 2/3 spirit and 1/3 body. My human toon is 2/3 body atm with 1/3 spirit.

-Would you like cheddar or swiss cheese?
-Yes.

Comments

• TeflonEddieTeflonEddie Member Posts: 270

Brann Hybrids are cool, but the lower base Body is definately a considerable drawback.

I was originally intending on making my engineer a full spirit brann hybrid, but experience of the new armour values/regen rates and the effect of the body stat would make that suicidal.

In my opinion, Hybrids are primarily only useful for the following reasons:

1. They look cool/different.

2. If you intend on making a build that maxes a single stat.

An example would be a full body specced thrax guardian.

That said, Brann and Thrax have -50 base Mind, so if you're playing a class that doesn't NEED high amounts of Power, then you can spend all your points in body/spirit and probably end up with a considerably higher survivability rate than a human.

At the moment, I consider Mind to be the weakest stat, and Body to be the strongest; so my recommendations would be:

Full body Thrax hybrid.

Split body/spirit Thrax hybrid.

Full body Brann hybrid.

Split body/spirit Brann hybrid.

I wouldn't go full Spirit as a Brann, as you'll lack the HP/Armour (and bonus Power) from the lack of Body.

Right now, I can't imagine myself using a Forean for anything meaningful.

• RomirRomir Member Posts: 36

I must say I agree, I have done the first two chains, But I am currently too low to do the Thrax, I think thats about 40?

I play a guardian, I feel however that If I don't have enough power, I will not be as much use in group situations, I will have to clone and see how it goes, once I hit the requisite level.

I do feel that you could use these hybrids to make the game allot more fun, with regards to the experience with the story and within the world. For example, some places treating you better, as you are of the same race as you, some other quest lines, or perhaps some small groups of say Brann, treating you as a "freak". Even more choices when it comes to player decisions.

We will see what the future holds.

Thrax is level 40, yes.

Regarding making hybrids "special", I read an interview with the TR devs where they mentioned hybrid specific weaponry/storylines that are in development.

Should add an interesting twist to the hybrid system.

• RomirRomir Member Posts: 36

Interesting, I shall try and find this interview, cheers.

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Thrax can be started at 35 but the end guy is level 40 and you might need help though some level 35-36 has said they were able to kill him with little problems.

I agree Forean is probably the least useful though I was going to do a Forean medic and pump all body into it while getting that little bonus from mind. Don't forget, if you're playing a class that uses alot of abilities such as grenadier or demo or exobio, you'd want a bigger power pool and mind increases abilities damage as well.

Oops I forgot to add the stats:
    Human 2 Body, 2 Mind, 2 Spirit
    Forean 1 Body, 3 Mind, 2 Spirit, -10 laser/+10 viru resist
    Brann 1 Body, 1 Mind, 4 Spirit, -10 phys/+10 elec resist
    Thrax 3 Body, 1 Mind, 2 Spirit, -10 fire/+10 sonic resist

• pussaykatpussaykat Member Posts: 791
    Originally posted by sookster54

Does that mean that a brann gets 4 points in spirit each level plus the 3 points?

-Yes.

Originally posted by pussaykat

Originally posted by sookster54

Does that mean that a brann gets 4 points in spirit each level plus the 3 points?

Yep, Brann gain +1 Body/Mind and +4 Spirit each level, plus 3 x points to spend as you like.

By comparison, humans gain +2 Body/Mind/Spirit each level plus 3 x points to spend as you like.

• pussaykatpussaykat Member Posts: 791

With that kind of spirit pumping i don't think i need to use 2 points in it.

Going 2/3 body 1/3 spirit. that should give me 3 body 1 mind and 5 spirit each levels.

-Yes.

Originally posted by pussaykat

With that kind of spirit pumping i don't think i need to use 2 points in it.
    Going 2/3 body 1/3 spirit. that should give me 3 body 1 mind and 5 spirit each levels.

I did a similar thing with my Brann sniper and it worked out well. You end up with a miniscule Mind, but the secondary power that you get from the Body stat was enough for me, and the regeneration and health/armour I gained was very considerable.