Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stealth is in!

Comments

• xAlrythxxAlrythx Member Posts: 585
    Originally posted by miagisan

i really hope there is no stealth...that was one of the games stronger points IMHO

I agree 100%

Currently Playing: Everything but MMORPGs
    Cancelled: L2, FFXI, VSoH, LotRO, WAR, WoW
    Looking Forward To: SW:TOR

• Sandman32Sandman32 Member Posts: 78

op's full of crap.  they wouldnt put stealth in after telling us a million times they arent going to have it.  plus cant find his source which means it doenst exist.

• PheacePheace Member Posts: 2,408

Originally posted by Sandman32

op's full of crap.  they wouldnt put stealth in after telling us a million times they arent going to have it.  plus cant find his source which means it doenst exist.

Bury your head in the sand but the video was there. Whether it was meant to be real information, that's something else.

• xzevexzeve Member Posts: 182

Couldnt the "stealth" mentioned be the stuff for witch elfs, where they used potions in PVE to cover their "smell" ? pretty sure i heard something about that in a clip long time ago? So its kinda "PvE stealth" that have no impact on other players ?

• HeokinHeokin Member Posts: 26

There is no way in hell Mythic is going to put stealth in this game ever. Stealth is the most powerful ability in any game and they know it.  I played a Shadowblade/Infiltrator in DAOC and a rogue in WoW and I can tell you from personal experience how powerful and unbalancing stealth is. 

• GrayhGrayh Member Posts: 123

Stealth itself isn't a problem, its the advantages it brings to the table without any drawbacks that makes it a problem. 

If they countered advantages with disadvantages to make it more balanced I don't think i'd be so bad. 

• PheacePheace Member Posts: 2,408

Originally posted by Heokin

There is no way in hell Mythic is going to put stealth in this game ever. Stealth is the most powerful ability in any game and they know it.  I played a Shadowblade/Infiltrator in DAOC and a rogue in WoW and I can tell you from personal experience how powerful and unbalancing stealth is. 

How overpowering was it for your Druid?

Ow wait, it wasn't.

• RavanosRavanos Member Posts: 897

the only people that don't think stealth was overpowered in daoc and wow are those that have a stealther somewhere on thier account. Of course they are going to say "its not overpowered you just suck" because they don't want thier "I Win" button taken away.

the only thing that upsets me if "stealth is in" is that they went back on what they have been preaching over and over and over. I mean heck one of the mythic people made a great satire post about it after it was being asked constantly. Basically about turning off your monitor because if you can't see the enemy they can't see you.

Though I am still waiting for 1) if this is true and 2) how it is implemented. I hope its more of a defensive "oh crap here comes a zerg" let me pop stealth but can't move sort of thing.

• RuthgarRuthgar Member Posts: 730

I hope that they don't start changing WAR to make it more like every other MMO out there.

I was happy to see that they weren't going to have stealth in the game, but if this is true I'll be a little upset.

I won't judge WAR until I play it. I have made my mind up to buy it and play it for the first month just to see if it is going to be as good as it appears to be.

Stealth isn't a gamebreaker for me.

• airalithairalith Member Posts: 63

I think there is no stealth in the taditional sence (no rogues or Assassin) but there are some stealth like abilites for some classes.

• SpiritofGameSpiritofGame Member UncommonPosts: 1,332

Originally posted by airalith

I think there is no stealth in the taditional sence (no rogues or Assassin) but there are some stealth like abilites for some classes.

Over on the Only-WAR.com forum, one moderator said:

Link006 wrote:
    Uhh.... no... they've always maintained that WAR will be stealth-free. I didn't see anything like that.

Completely dead wrong. They absolutely NEVER said "no stealth" / "stealth-free". They have always stated that they "won't have stealth like it is in other games" and we have always maintained this specific phrasing. What this means remains to be seen, but they have never stated "stealth free" or "no stealth at all".

Cool.

I'm gonna put on my aluminum-foil hat again because the alien mind-beams are getting stronger every day!

<---  *Zzzzzzt!*  (affected by alien mind-beam)

~ Ancient Membership ~

• judgebeojudgebeo Member Posts: 419
    Originally posted by Anofalye

IF they bring some stealth in the game...

It would only work vs PvE mobs, not players.  Stealth is extremely interesting in PvE, not necessarily for a class and not as a permanent ability necessarily, but it is FUN to be stealth in PvE (and maybe some mobs see throught it...hehehe)

Don't expect stealth for PvP.

(That is a big IF, I am not sure they care enought about PvE to bring some stealth for PvE...but who know?)

What kind of "especulation", crazy afirmation is this? how can you say something like this with no idea if there will be or not stealth. "? we have too many prophets that say what they WISH with no  real "Things". The OP, at least ,  was talking about a video he saw,  but you? ¿? you afirm something like "dont expect stealth for pvp" cause... why?

• mOoKmOoK Member Posts: 26

I'll bet dollars to doughnuts, that:

1) Stealth of some kind will be in as a "charge" like ability for paper tiger type classes to gain ground.

2) It will be timed and/or "draining" to use.  No permanent "wait and gank".

3) No stun locks.

4) Possibly: Can't be used in combat.

• Punk999Punk999 Member UncommonPosts: 882
    Originally posted by mOoK

1) Stealth of some kind will be in as a "charge" like ability for paper tiger type classes to gain ground.
    3) No stun locks.

Probably right.

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com

• jondifooljondifool Member UncommonPosts: 1,143

3) No stun locks.

a charge like skill does not qualify as stealth ! stealth is the ability to move or hide unseen! not movement speed,

• elvenangelelvenangel Member Posts: 2,205
    Originally posted by jondifool

3) No stun locks.

a charge like skill does not qualify as stealth ! stealth is the ability to move or hide unseen! not movement speed,

It does if during that charge your "cloaked"

As much as I hate Stealth thanks to the way its been severly overpower / poor implemented so that it can be exploited unfairly if Stealth was brought into the game and it was limiting and fair enough so the player could say get up close to attack someone but not allow them to suddenly go invis over and over  I'd be alright with it.   ie of a bad stealth system ->  invis, attack, move, invis attack move.  Basically making it impossible for a person to turn and fight fairly.   The idea you can stealth and run off invisible in the middle of a desert with the person basically looking right at you is retarded too once you've revealed yourself it should be considered damn hard to rehide.  Squishies often have the hardest time getting up close for Melee without getting hacked to death first but it doesn't mean they should be blink dogs.

Its like if I want to fight blinking dogs I'll play second edition D&D those things were a pain in the ass.

Please Refer to Doom Cat with all conspiracies & evil corporation complaints. He'll give you the simple explination of..WE"RE ALL DOOMED!

• VortigonVortigon Member UncommonPosts: 723

Here is a google cache of the video page that was deleted, the video contents are gone but you can see that a video of some kind was there and live.

No details as to what it contained though.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=http://www.warhammeronline.com/english/behindTheScenes/vidPhoneDiaries/windowopen/january_2008_f41rf4x/view14_2008_january.html')&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a

• patrynspatryns Member UncommonPosts: 81

harg is correct, DAOC had stealth classes  and keeps before AOC!

• Honeymoon69Honeymoon69 Member Posts: 647
    Originally posted by harg

Originally posted by tikovoo

Oh WoW..
    So first they do a U-Turn and have more open world pvp.
    Then they add at a later date keeps *cough* *Age of Conan*
    now they might add in stealth *Cough* *Age of Conan*
    games sounding like its totally different to how they first tried to sell it too you. guess it wasnt that good to begin with. lets hope it turns out ok.
    going to be interesting to see all those people who moaned about stealth and I bet they all say what a wonderful idea now its in warhammer now. too freakin funny....

Erm they had keeps and stealth in thier previous title, Dark Age of Camelot. So would it not then be Funcom that are copying Mythics DAoC.

true but they werent going to put them in till they saw what the competition are going to offer for their games. 

1.  No point for WoW to leave if they are getting keep siege and WAR is not.

2.  No point for stealthers to choose WAR over AoC since WAR doesnt have stealth.

They put them in to draw more ppl to WAR and I am glad they are bending the lore a little bit to make the game more fun for more ppl.

• elvenangelelvenangel Member Posts: 2,205

Originally posted by Honeymoon69

Oh WoW..
    games sounding like its totally different to how they first tried to sell it too you. guess it wasnt that good to begin with. lets hope it turns out ok.
    going to be interesting to see all those people who moaned about stealth and I bet they all say what a wonderful idea now its in warhammer now. too freakin funny....

Erm they had keeps and stealth in thier previous title, Dark Age of Camelot. So would it not then be Funcom that are copying Mythics DAoC.

true but they werent going to put them in till they saw what the competition are going to offer for their games. 

2.  No point for stealthers to choose WAR over AoC since WAR doesnt have stealth.

They put them in to draw more ppl to WAR and I am glad they are bending the lore a little bit to make the game more fun for more ppl.

They put keeps into WAR because people complained Scenario / WoW style battlegrounds out weighed open RVR areas in design & reknown point gain.   

The reknown point system was heavily favored to Scenario RvR which was not their intent.  In order to balance out the need for Open RvR they decided they needed to give players something to fight over.   It had nothing to do with AoC having keeps, frankly I don't think they really give a damn about AoC.  WAR is going for a Full Server Pride / Healthy type community while AoC's aim is to elite groups & guilds. 

AoC's Keeps & WAR's keeps work completely different.  Keeps in WAR are objectives to gain reknown and compelte control over an area not to mention ANYONE can participate in the fights over them only Guilds can hang their tabards in them (they do not however fully own them).  Most of AoC's pvp requires you be in a guild or get paid / hired by a guild to fight for them.  

If you bothered to watch & listen to the podcasts you'd of known their reasoning behind Keeps a system THEY perfected perviously with DAoC.

I've been a watching & reading about WAR since just after the newsletter system went into effect.  They have not changed their original game plan.  Everything they've added or changed (never removed, only AoC removes things. ) has been within the focus of the game's intetion.  RVR Asskickery.  Every game makes changes along the line, sometimes what looks awsome on paper does NOT look or play that awsome when its being developed.  Better to face the music and make it better while you can

Please Refer to Doom Cat with all conspiracies & evil corporation complaints. He'll give you the simple explination of..WE"RE ALL DOOMED!

• oakaeoakae Member UncommonPosts: 344

They later added things like keeps and more open world PvP because it's what many people like the beta testers complained about.
  • Shifty360Shifty360 Member Posts: 629

Originally posted by oakae

They later added things like keeps and more open world PvP because it's what many people like the beta testers complained about.

Right on

What he said. ^^^^^

They explained this in the RvR Changes video/podcast on the Warhammer Online main site.

• TanrTanr Member UncommonPosts: 54

3) No stun locks.

I am not allowed to say you are almost dead on accurate... so I wont.

• tikovootikovoo Member Posts: 289

Originally posted by elvenangel

Originally posted by Honeymoon69

Oh WoW..

They put keeps into WAR because people complained Scenario / WoW style battlegrounds out weighed open RVR areas in design & reknown point gain.   

The reknown point system was heavily favored to Scenario RvR which was not their intent.  In order to balance out the need for Open RvR they decided they needed to give players something to fight over.   It had nothing to do with AoC having keeps, frankly I don't think they really give a damn about AoC.  WAR is going for a Full Server Pride / Healthy type community while AoC's aim is to elite groups & guilds. 

AoC's Keeps & WAR's keeps work completely different.  Keeps in WAR are objectives to gain reknown and compelte control over an area not to mention ANYONE can participate in the fights over them only Guilds can hang their tabards in them (they do not however fully own them).  Most of AoC's pvp requires you be in a guild or get paid / hired by a guild to fight for them.  

If you bothered to watch & listen to the podcasts you'd of known their reasoning behind Keeps a system THEY perfected perviously with DAoC.

I've been a watching & reading about WAR since just after the newsletter system went into effect.  They have not changed their original game plan.  Everything they've added or changed (never removed, only AoC removes things. ) has been within the focus of the game's intetion.  RVR Asskickery.  Every game makes changes along the line, sometimes what looks awsome on paper does NOT look or play that awsome when its being developed.  Better to face the music and make it better while you can

Actually anyone can participate in a Siege in AoC, the area is not instanced, diplomacy and keep pride will be rife. You see the keeps in each game work differently because aoc has a ticket system and zerg preventative measures, war will be static non player made keeps and be exactly like the zerg infested "Gank Rank" daoc i remember.

I would HARDLY call daoc perfected. Even admins on only-war admit they fear the same shitty zerg system.

I will play both games, but as i pointed out i kinda find it funny that they only add (clone) when a game system elsewhere becomes popular.

Watch and wait, they will change again because heavy Raids will be coming and lots of raid content to go with the lovely Raid Calendar. war raids will have tiered dungeons too and most likely boss drops better gear than anything crafted, as well, as it stands the crafting system pretty much sucks right now.

to be honest i've been following the game too for a long time, I must be the only one who see's how much they have deviated from what was originally laid out to the public, and thats where my problem is, thats all.

• LeftyhLeftyh Member Posts: 21

fingers crossed for stealth