Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Official "We're Angry about SOE" Thread

Comments

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

As a card carrying member of the $OE haters club I'm not for one moment saying that $OE is the one responsible for Vanguard being a turd. That honour falls on the shoulders of the Sigil CEO and directors, I believe many of my $OE hater bretheren fully agree with me on this point and are not trying to place responsibility for this on the dark one's (smed) shoulders.

However $OE is responsible for trying to sell you the turd, knowing full well it's a turd and a loose and smelly one at that. The evil Sith lord Smed and his latest Padawan (Brad) will no doubt use their mind tricks to keep people playing whilst the game is being jury rigged together by a skeleton crew of DEVs. Expansion packs shall be many, prepare yourself to pay for any real new content.

Now that Smed has possesion of Brads soul he will use it to play mind games with EQ subscribers, a new expansion pack created with the help of his new dark servant Brad? 

I don't blame $OE for a bad game, I despise them for purchasing it and putting it on their station pass whilst increasing the cost of that pass at the same time.

To all the people that say I'm crazy and warped I say,

It's a fact that John Smedley recieves on average two pieces of human exrement in the post everyday, now all I want to know is who's sending him the other one?

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• bverjibverji Member UncommonPosts: 722
    Originally posted by Agricola1

...I'm not for one moment saying that $OE is the one responsible for Vanguard being a turd. ..However $OE is responsible for trying to sell you the turd,
    And it's way scarry that there are so many people that can't see that.
  • Originally posted by bverji

Originally posted by Agricola1

...I'm not for one moment saying that $OE is the one responsible for Vanguard being a turd. ..However $OE is responsible for trying to sell you the turd,
    And it's way scarry that there are so many people that can't see that.

No, the really scary part is that so many people waste their time hating a corporation.
  • healz4uhealz4u Member Posts: 1,065
    If SOE does not commit to Vanguard, I will join the SOE-haters club. LOL.

EDIT:  I think it is important to give SOE time, though.  I also think they will do improvements before the expansion but include most of their enhancements in the expansion to make money. 

The way for SOE to make a killing is to sell a lot of expansion boxes, and to do that they need to have an awe-factor.  Is it possible? I might shock you in saying this, I think it is possible.  =p
  • TBerghTBergh Member Posts: 1
    I usually don't post anything buecause it generally all gets said already.  However, I do play Vanguard and ever since SoE took it over earlier this week the amount of goldsellers spamming everyone has increased exponentially.  Whereareas I used to get 1 spam every week or 2, nowdays I get at least 1 spam an hour if not 5 or 6.  The sad part is the spamming all increased on the same day SoE officially took over Vanguard from Sigil.
  • SturmrabeSturmrabe Member Posts: 927
    Originally posted by TBergh

I usually don't post anything buecause it generally all gets said already.  However, I do play Vanguard and ever since SoE took it over earlier this week the amount of goldsellers spamming everyone has increased exponentially.  Whereareas I used to get 1 spam every week or 2, nowdays I get at least 1 spam an hour if not 5 or 6.  The sad part is the spamming all increased on the same day SoE officially took over Vanguard from Sigil.

Holy crap, '05?!?!? No kidding you don't post much!

From [email protected]
    Subject Vangurard:sage of heroes
    Sent 04/17/07 18:08
    Welcome to xxxxxxxxxxxx.com,We are a diversified service provider operating the world?s largest secure network of buying and selling sites for

massively multiplayer online game (MMOG) virtual currency and assets on the Internet.COM, the largest portal for Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Games!

I am glad of your viewpoints on VG in MMORPG, it is worthy, I hope you could public more ideas share with us, and let people know more about VG!

Our company deal with online game trade, producing games,powerleveling, if you are interested, please log in our website: www.xxxxxxxxx.com, we will be honoured!

Humanized service, lowest price and fast delivery are our purpose, 24/7 on-line customer service with all our heart!!!

The Staff

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

MMORPG.COM - Your headquarters for massive multiplayer online role-playing games!

Get your free @mmorpg.com e-mail address today! http://www.mmorpg.com

This what you are talking about?

imageimage
    Of all that is written, I love only what a person has written with his own blood. -Nietzsche

• MyrdinnMyrdinn Member UncommonPosts: 32
    Originally posted by TBergh

No joke. I'm rather glad that Fhizz is the CF who is still volunteering on our server (Targonor); the man's a machine at tracking down the RMT sellers, and cleaning out the gutters.

• Mick95Mick95 Member Posts: 3
    I hear you, Fhizz is doing a great job!
  • JTentooJTentoo Member Posts: 3

SOE will never get my cash agian after they destroyed SWG like they did , nuff said.

Jakatta Tentoo

• PigflyPigfly Member Posts: 21

Here the good news: Sony lost 3% overall profit$ (down from 8%) hovering around 5% now.

Time to get out of the PC marketing.

• Yes I think that we should give them time. The game has true potential. Although they better hurry up cause the lag in cities is driving me nuts. I end up logging off. I'm giving them one more month and then I shall close my account and watch n wait to see if it is worth comming back. I like the idea of vanguard a lot. Although if they don't do the relm merge in the next 2 weeks I might become a vanguard hater. Woefeather is a ghost town.

• Elof64Elof64 Member Posts: 4

Hi all..... I'm a new SOE hater... after years of playing eq/eq2/swg/vanguard...  i have had enough of  there customer servers...

Games are going to have there problems.. but how you handle your customers make the difference.. my beef or last straw was.. SOE sent out an email to customers that have played eq2, and vanguard offering them 2 months free and expansions free for eq2 ...why they fix vanguard.. well i contacted there CS, and ask why i did not get this offer ... to make a long story short... I't was because i didn't cancel my vanguard account.... thats just crazy to me.... do i think SOE does not want vanguard to work... you darn right i do.. just look at eq2 and vanguard website....

Vanguard talks about new game coming out  http://vgplayers.station.sony.com/

EQ2? hmm don't see it  http://eq2players.station.sony.com/index.vm

• pluzoidpluzoid Member Posts: 152

SOE just seem to make games or buy games they cannot fix or cannot be bothered to fix, just as long as they are making some kind of profit they really dont give a monkeys.

I avoid all SOE MMO's, after Starwars galaxies and Matrix Online, i wouldnt even play a trial of Vanguard, as i know already how bad there customer service is, how they never fix the flaws within the games, they jus coat over them, but the cracks eventually resurface,,,

There Forums are a waste of time, they just make announcements, full of optimism and false hope, and then do something completely different. Oh and lets not forget Starwars galaxies forum  where they deleted a whole forum and started a new one because it was full of abuse because of the NGE and the offical thread for what people thought about the combat system and the user interface, about 95% of people hated it, and there was at least a thousand posts being complaints.

Im tired its 3:33 am and rantings over 

• ChainsawFaceChainsawFace Member Posts: 2

Well I'm new to MMORPG, was always too lazy to sign up.  Was just curious as to how Vanguard is doing now?  I was playing since release but go real busy with school and stopped for a few months so I just canceled my account.  I hear the games has gone down the crapper and that all the original developers are off the game now.  If this is the case I'm glad I canceled.

• YakriYakri Member Posts: 30

SoE saw an opportunity  to make a Hack-job WoW clone and they took it, also the new dev's they hired to run VG:SoH are either A) retarded or B) taking orders from retarded people

WoWGuard lives!

• AsamofAsamof Member UncommonPosts: 824

Pretty much, though even those retards are more competent than Brad McQuaid

• FreedomBladeFreedomBlade Member UncommonPosts: 281

I do love SOE and I think you are all naughty little boys if you do not like them as well.

Very very naughty little boys.

You will go to bed with no supper.

SWG was really improved by the new changes that made it more FPS like. The orginal system sucked.

We love you SOE!!!!!

• ScuroScuro Member Posts: 4

My wife and I have been playing Vanguard since beta.  For longer than we can remember, we have dealt with the extreme lag, the broken client, the constant deaths from crashing to desktop (CTD), the broken chat/social servers, etc.  We've stayed through the SOE merger, and we had high hopes they would change the public's opinion of their company post-SWG/NGE.  But come on, how long do we have to give them to fix the only thing that really matters to any of us - stability - we all just want the game to stop crashing & lagging.  Times up for me.

As of the release of Thom's "Vision", we've cancelled our accounts.  The final straw for us was this section:

"Areas that we're going to make changes to

Optimizations; stability; optimizations; stability; optimizations; stability. I may be wrong but I think I see a pattern here. J Hey let's face it, Vanguard had some performance issues but we've made huge leaps since launch. If you've played since beta, you'll know what I'm talking about. If you had problems at launch and you haven't been back recently, you've got to give Vanguard another try. See for yourself how much has improved. "

Specifically the comments that the game has made "huge leaps", and "if you've played since beta, you'll know what I am talking about", and "see for yourself how much has improved" - all drivel.  All lies.

Face it folks, this is called a spin.  You are being spun.  The game is NOT better than it was in beta, but neither is it worse, it's just still broken.  It was broken in beta, broken in release, and has remained broken the entire time.  Sure, they've added some candy to the game, but nothing that makes the game more stable or that eases the pain of logging in, typing /gu "Hi All!", and getting the message: "You are not in a guild".  Sorry, but nothing else matters when your game is broken.

Thom is a corporate-level liar who has been brought in to "spin" the game and try to con people into new subscriptions.  When other games want you to come back, they send out FREE trials (ie WOW, CoH, DAoC, EQ2, and too many more to list).  When a broken game needs more money to try to hang in a little longer, they send out this nonsense.  It's how you show your shareholders an improvement - "look at me, I've only been in charge one month, and already subscriptions are up 10%".  It's garbage, and I can't stomach it anymore.

Thom, if you read this, you sir are a liar.  Your "vision" sucks.  You want to know what I would do "If I was in charge"?  I'd stop spinning BS and start fixing the game.  How would I do it?  Well, gee, I might listen to my subscribers and see the #1 complaint is the game crashes.  Then I might read some forums and specifically look at the thousands of "cancelling account" threads and see there is one theme to them all: the game still crashes.  Then I would skip the eye-candy and get the client working.... or I would announce that we can't fix it and move on.  That's what I would do "If I was in charge".

To the few people still hanging in there on those deserted servers, best of luck.  See you in Conan.

• shukes33shukes33 Member Posts: 1,051

Could you post your specs friend? the only reason i ask is that if you really did play the game since beta and you have not seen a huge imporvement then you probably have tech issues and maybe some of us could help :) i have seen lots of people offer good advice when players had difficulty's.

but to any wandering if there has been improvements you could listen to me or any opposition untill your blue in the face but untill you see for yourself you will never know. i try to be honest and in my opinion the game is 300% more stable than at beta. add to that the extra content and the reworking of art like khal ( oh and before i am told it's only on test, take a look at the putposts around khal in the live game :) ) looking at all of this i am not sure how people can still say that SOE are lying etc? maybe i am just one of the so called lucky ones but another things that's strange is that the population seems to be on the increase! if the game was surely the same then wouldnt more people be leaving instead of joining?

Come on all lets keep on track...hate soe for whatever reasons but be honest and lets give them credit for actually making a diff in VG where sigil failed missearably. Yes thats right the blame lies on sigil not SOE!

• VPgearchinVPgearchin Member Posts: 168

I dislike SOE because they have a horrible payment system.. it sucks very badly and you know what too.

• StinkyPitsStinkyPits Member Posts: 123

I have yet to play a decent SOE game that felt like it was well thought out.  It feels more like they force crappy games onto the user and expect you to just deal with it. 

• shukes33shukes33 Member Posts: 1,051

Good thing is that you get people like me, i play what i enjoy and not soe or any other game company can make me play anything. Why do you let them force to play crappy games? just say "NO" friend :)

• cobbsiecobbsie Member Posts: 14

Population on my server is decreasing still

I still regularly fall through the world (not tech issues with my machine!!)

I still hit big lag spikes when ooooh  more than 30 people are in the chunk!!! ( no my machine is fine!!)

I can sit and see little in the way of conversation for ages!!

I still find it hard to find people to do quests with me and have spent the majority of my questing time solo....which means picking quests as theyre not balanced for the solo player!!

bah!! give it a rest with boying up a sinking ship that should never have been released when it was!! I played through beta and was shocked when it was released in the state it was, I dutifully played on waiting for the 'improvements' and watched friend after friend leave and go to pastures new!!!

pff and I still have randolf....come on!!! make it interesting and fun to attempt the challenges to do things not just grind after boring grind!!

Agreed they have done the WoW clone thing but playing vanguard is like someone giving you the kesys to a ferrari, only to fnd that actually what youre driving is a damn ford fiesta with a paint job!!!

• FraxtureFraxture Member UncommonPosts: 121

Yeah, well, let me say that the MMO that is coming out shortly, is a Deja Vu of the Vanguard release. But at least Vanguard is wide open and not heavily instanced, and has many bugs worked out, where this one is just starting with it's billions of bugs and impossible to meet system requirements. I have started up pn Vanguard, and still find it has more to offer with tons of quest, and a huge friggin world.

• Autodidact82Autodidact82 Member Posts: 64
    Originally posted by Fraxture

Yeah, well, let me say that the MMO that is coming out shortly, is a Deja Vu of the Vanguard release. But at least Vanguard is wide open and not heavily instanced, and has many bugs worked out, where this one is just starting with it's billions of bugs and impossible to meet system requirements. I have started up pn Vanguard, and still find it has more to offer with tons of quest, and a huge friggin world.

Someone that IS NOT I REPEAT NOT A SOE/VG bashing tool. AMEN