Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anarchy Online: New Tiered Subscription Model

SzarkSzark News ManagerMember Posts: 4,420

Funcom has announced that they are making changes to the subscription model of Anarchy Online.  They will be offering the contents of the Shadowlands expansion 5 USD / EUR, in addition to their free to play plan and 14.95 monthly fee.

Durham, USA – January 21, 2008 – Funcom announces the introduction of a tiered subscription system in Anarchy Online, and players can now choose between three subscriptions plans going from free-to-play to 5 to 14,95 USD / EUR a month. The newest subscription level means that gamers can access the areas and content in the Shadowlands expansion pack for only 5 USD / EUR a month, thereby offering one of the most profound, engaging and deep online experiences around for a low monthly cost.

The new areas which open up for the 5 USD a month subscribers are all located in the Shadowlands. This expansion pack got an incredible review score average, several awards and great critical acclaim when it launched, and is one of the most heralded MMO expansions of all time. The expansion not only gives players massive new areas to explore, it also introduces lots of new features as well as a chance to reach the maximum level in Anarchy Online. 

Read more here.

Comments

• jinxitjinxit Member UncommonPosts: 854

Cool! is this being implemented straight away? If so im resubscribing now :o

• bmjames80bmjames80 Member Posts: 49

It's already active.  This is great news!! I plan to sub up my primary froob account.

• OsirisPhnxOsirisPhnx Member Posts: 1

Nice..  so this gives me a chance to get some real equipment for my froob.  Another good reason to start playing AO again..  :)

• ShoalShoal Member Posts: 1,156

Me too!  I'm in at $5.00 a mo for Shadowlands.

Going to DL it this evening.

Looking forward to the Graphic Engine update too!

• DistilerDistiler Member Posts: 416

ohh that's cool indeed, shadowlands is very interesting :)

• mindmeldmindmeld Member UncommonPosts: 229

weii then all froobs can go from froobs to heck noobs ;) :)

You lvl so much that you will grow out of your equipment in no time if your not carefull.

-Semper ubi sub ubi!
    always wear underwear

• burmeseburmese Member Posts: 546

Note:

Fr00bs = Play AO/Notum Wars for free

Sl00bs = Shadowlands

Lifers (or no-lifers) = All expansions

~\_/~\_O

• PyrostasisPyrostasis Member UncommonPosts: 2,293

does the 5 bucks include the whole notum wars thingy?

If I recall it was AO -> Notum wars -> Shadow Lands -> Alien Invasion -> Current expansion.

So... does the $5 bucks give you Notum wars the missing link?

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    Originally posted by Pyrostasis

does the 5 bucks include the whole notum wars thingy?
    If I recall it was AO -> Notum wars -> Shadow Lands -> Alien Invasion -> Current expansion.
    So... does the $5 bucks give you Notum wars the missing link?

Notum Wars was added to the fr00b sub last year.