Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who here has used their vet trials?

SuvrocSuvroc Member Posts: 2,383

There seems to be quite a few current subscribers that believe we haven't even been in game for 2 years.

So my question is who has used either their vet trial or 14-day trial.

I did.

Comments

• Darth_PeteDarth_Pete Member Posts: 559

Yes I have

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

You would agree to this. You  saw  a week ago a pig , now you meet the owner and he tells you, the pig has grown to a swan, would you believe him ? 

The game has basic problems with his design decisions, we do have not to constantly try out to judge over it.  If you look at the feature list  of games  you know for the big part of the game.  For example  game x featuring no crafting but amazing  loot  and you know what you can expect.  Rarely  something can surprise you if you know about the basics of what it  is build.

We know this game is  cut off of his best parts  and what is left will never build a genius  version again . So do we have to constantly  use the dump trials ?

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• SuvrocSuvroc Member Posts: 2,383
    Originally posted by DarthRaiden

You would agree to this. You  saw  a week ago a pig , now you meet the owner and he tells you, the pig has grown to a swan, would you believe him ? 
    The game has basic problems with his design decisions, we do have not to constantly try out to judge over it.  If you look at the feature list  of games  you know for the big part of the game.  For example  game x featuring no crafting but amazing  loot  and you know what you can expect.  Rarely  something can surprise you if you know about the basics of what it  is build.

Oh I agree with you. However it seems some people think that it does matter so I think it's good to be able to say yeah, I've been there.

• RanddRandd Member Posts: 409

I activated one of my accounts. It was good to revisit my old stomping grounds, and the houses i so carefully decorated. Remembered a lot of fun nights and new friends made. Then i got to the gameplay and tried and tried to adapt to it...Just not my type of game now. Give me 250 skill points and a sandbox to play in and i'd be a happy camper.

• Prime8Prime8 Member CommonPosts: 108

I just finnished the 30 day vet trial and well to be totally honest the game is going nowhere definatly not "Forward" , sure there has been some new things added but my oh my how mindless it has all become , suffice to say the NGE is still very much still there and its effects are still strangling the game .

cheers

• Rodnee42Rodnee42 Member Posts: 41

I did and it still stinks.

• GorairGorair Member Posts: 959

I have used 3 vet trials on multiple accouts at different times since i cancelled at the onset of NGE. Not once did i use an ENTIRE trial time. last time i spent more time modding the damn UI to be tolerable than i did playing the game. Any game that makes me spend a few hours locating and installing mods just to freaking work half ass immediately puts in in a bad mood about the game.

Anyway its not for me now. I dont see how its for anyone ,but hey people even like Charles Manson so anythnig is possible.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

• smg777smg777 Member Posts: 49

I used mine to check out the newest chapter because it was supposed to be focused on space. JTL was always my favorite part of the game.

The mantra that all the fanboys chant is "Forget the old game...start a new character and play it like a brand new game and you will see how great the NGE is." Unfortunately they are dead wrong. I started a new character--a Rodian bounty hunter and started off.

The newbie station was fine...it would have been great to have something like this in the old game. I got to level eight and headed down to tat where I was greeted by seven credit spammers. I started the legacy quest chain and I have to say...it's a joke. Drive to this waypoint and kill 11 of these guys and 13 of those guys then drive to a cave and kill some meatlumps. It was really, really bad.

The combat is still way too fast and the particle effects are laughable. My carbine shoots backwards for some reason. I have several specials but they all do the same thing...more damage than the default attack. If they fire, that is.

I made it to level 30 before giving up in disgust and going back to my old characters to try out the new space content.

The new space content consists of a single space zone, Ord Mantel. It's full of higher level NPCs and a space station with a quest chain. I was really interested in getting one of the new gunboats until I found out that I need to complete a "collection" which entails killing hundreds of low-level ships. Sounds thrilling...

I play on Intrepid and I don't know where it fits in population-wise compared to servers like Ahazi and Bria but it was really empty. I saw a few people in Mos Eisley running around and there were actually a dozen people up in space working on their "collections".

None of my old friends are playing and I've seen a single familiar name from when I quit two years ago.

This was my first time back in the game after quitting a week after the NGE hit and I can now say with certainty that there is no hope for this game.

• cabal001cabal001 Member Posts: 166

did it a year ago. all of my friends list gone, city i built gone, profession gone....i logged in about an hour.

arguing with a corporate fanboi is like teaching special education.
    even if you teach him something...at the end of the day he's still retarded.

• BushMonkeyBushMonkey Member Posts: 1,406

And you are all better men then me for trying,anyways i have not tried it since 6 months after the CU, i was playing planetside at the time and checked it out thought about doing a station pass but unfortunatly SOE customer service did not have a "tool" to acomplish that task and with the bugs still ingame at the time i just gave up and cancelled all SOE ties. 

I have watched everything since,and all the vets know what im talking about,a complete meltdown of a once great game.

I find myself unwilling to invest anything with a SOE or LA product again, At least until there is a major revamp at those companies,they just cant be trusted at this point.

• iwantmyswgiwantmyswg Member Posts: 301

i have and the game still looks bad and plays bad.

in other words don't go back.

• AvosAvos Member Posts: 69

I used mine and to respec my world-rocking "dueler" fencer/pistoleer hybrid into a freaking smuggler, which still has no content.  Oh wait, I got to do a mission for Han Solo...  Yippie!

Killing rats never felt so "Starwarsy"...

• KzinKillerKzinKiller Member Posts: 625

Oh yeah ... checked my old neighborhoods, spoke to the 1 or 2 people still playing in my BL, walked through the ghost-towns, was bored in half an hour.

• MathosMathos Member Posts: 897

I did on my 2nd account that i cancelled when the CUnge went live the 1st acount i cancelled ast year

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

I did back in Dec, and a few days before it ran out I deleted all my characters and uninstalled SWG.

• CasualMakerCasualMaker Member UncommonPosts: 862

Tried to... I logged into my Station account, and my subscription status said "Pending" and that it would close when 30 days of "stacked time" was used up. So I went in for a look at the "new Aurillia", then I picked up a buggy quest in Coronet (no way to reach the lower levels of the dungeon to complete the mission). Then after only 5 or 6 days, the account abruptly closed again.

• ObeeObee Member Posts: 1,550

I logged in on the vet trial that happened just after they added in the craptastic version of Creature Handler they call Beast Master (because that is what WoW calls their talent tree).  The only changes to the game since then has been the collection system (kill 1000 of the same MOB over and over!  What fun!  Or run around and pick up shiny things!  Who doesn't love repetitive busywork?), the 'heroic' instances (combat may be horrible and unfun, but just think how much better it is when you have to fight MOBs with a million HP instead of 10,000 HP!), and the gunboats they finally finished after letting them sit, mostly finished, for a year and a half.

SWG has the worst UI of any MMO on the market.  Combat is horribly implemented.  Movement is ridiculous.  They ripped off WoW's talent system, right down to the UI graphics.  SWG is the least fun MMO made by any western company, and likely worse than the Korean grinder MMOs (I haven't tried them all, but of the ones I have, they have thus far been more fun than SWG currently is).

SWG is bad enough that LucasArts won't even make the effort to make new CDs and boxes to sell the game in stores.  The game isn't salvageable at this point without a complete revamp of the core game mechanics.  There is nothing that can be re-added, added, or tweaked under the current core game to make the game worth playing for free, let alone paying for it.  The fact that some folks on the OBoard are trying to come up with an organized effort to come here and lie about the game, in a futile attempt to trick people into playing it, should tell everyone how bad things are.  Hell, things are bad enough that the only plan the developers have for this year is to revamp the classes again.  This will be the third time they have decided to do that since the NGE went live (they scrapped the first one when they decided to implement their version of WoW's talent system) and the fourth time since the game launched.

They are at the point where both SOE and the current players need to accept the fact that the game is as big, population wise, as it is ever going to be.  There aren't enough people subscribed to the game to warrant an expansion, and haven't been since the NGE decimated the playerbase to the point where they had to cancel the expansion they were working on.

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

I logged in and gave it a go.

Basically same as before.  The  NGE UI is very awkward.

The game seemed to run smoother but then my current rig would stomp my older rig into the ground.  Also it seemed very sparsely populated, despite supposedly being one of the busier servers.  Maybe that contributed to the better performance.  Also I was able to run the game on with a lot of eye candy and a higher resolution, so the game looked better than ever, but still dated when compared to more recent mmo's like LOTRO.

I noticed quite a bit that some of my specials were not firing, were delayed, missing animations, or just did not seem to be working at all.

I still like how the avatars look.  I met some guy in Theed and he introduced me to his town.  We took a little cruise in his two seated speeder and I was reminded about the one aspect of the game I miss the most, the RP aspect.   In other mmo's I don't feel like RPing, or it feels forced.  But in SWG for some reason the second I log on I become my character.  It's wierd.

I still like the sci fi atmosphere and miss it.

I wanted to try out the rebel faction aspect of JTL, since I've always played Imperial.  But changing my faction meant I had to wait 5 days I think before I could become a Reb, then I had to start grinding faction to get my rep up.  Long story short, I never did get to play the Reb JTL aspect of the game.  Eventually I just decided to create a new toon and make him a rebel, but then I ran out of time.

As far as resubbing, I don't know.  The game felt dead and kind of buggy too.  But there were some people and they seemed nice. I still would like to try the reb aspect of the game but I don't know that it is worth the investment.  Especially when there is a game like LOTRO where the developers ideas seem to be congruous with my own, and they only charge me $9.99 per month to play.

I'm bored though.  I do crazy things when I'm bored.  So who knows what will happen.  I have a copy of WOW I never used.  I could buy TR and try that out.  Or I could just stick with LOTRO and help my guildies with their quests.

• Bob_BlawblawBob_Blawblaw Member Posts: 1,278

I just finished my last vet trial as well. Here's a brief rundown...

I never made an alt so I logged into my lone lvl 90 avatar. Bored to tears. The only thing to do once you're done grinding is collect stuff, pvp, and socialize. I'm no pvp'r, and there's virtually nobody to socialize with these days... and don't even get me started on the whole collecting crap aspect. The collection system is a joke. You can sum it all up in the chapter 8 gift, which was an X-Wing/Tie Fighter mobile. A mobile! Seriously the least creative thing I've ever seen in a videogame.

I did go to the new space station, and for the first night, the night of the publish, there was a whopping 17 players there. Anytime after that it was no more than 4 (even peak times).

So, I decided to give it an honest shot anyways and role a new character. I even thought ,F it, I'm gonna try a Jedi since I figured it was the path of least resistance. They've been pushing noobie jedi on us since the NGE went live, so they must have had some sort of plan...right? Wrong.

I went through the first legacy quests with my lvl 90 character during my last vet trial but got quite bored (I can understand why, a lvl90 character makes mince meat of a lvl 25 quest) so I embarked on them again from ground zero thinking from a noobies point of view it must have some fun. Wrong again.

After about lvl 25, 10,000 Skaaks, 100s of 'go find the grey box in the generic bunker' missions, I knew I had been had. Somebody had played an aweful joke on me and everyone else who plays this game. I had sunk hours and hours into my new character to get him his pitiful training saber. I had only seen a handful of players (mostly standing AFK for hours). All attempts to socialize were met with blank stares. The sight seeing tour (which is really the only way I could see leveling your character fast enough to enjoy the game) actually left me feeling unattached from my character. I felt embarassed for spending so much time doing the stupidest tasks. Embarassed for the current players. Even embarassed for the game designers, who, if they actually thought those missions were fun, really shouldn't be game designers.

I actually did go into the trial with a small amount of hope. Having been a fairly high level player when the NGE hit, I felt I had perhaps missed what the noobie players are seeing and there's some small form of redemption to be had.

Sorry to say... the game sucks more to me now than ever.

• SioBabbleSioBabble Member Posts: 2,803

I've used my vet trials twice.

First was before Chapter Six was publised, and I could ride my full sized dewback, my savage humbaba, my giant carrion spat, and still dismount from them and they'd still be in the world as objects.

Second vet trial, after Chapter Six, and my mounts poofed on me when I dismounted, like mounts do in...wait for it...WoW.

Sucks.

The nerfherders never ever learn from their mistakes.  It's why they'll always be nerfherders.

I enjoyed visiting old stomping grounds, but the problem was the stomping grouds were devoid of life.  Like the Dant mining outpost.  If you found another player there, it was something of a miracle!

CH, Jedi, Commando, Smuggler, BH, Scout, Doctor, Chef, BE...yeah, lots of SWG time invested.

Once a denizen of Ahazi

• oronisioronisi Member Posts: 284

Strangely enough, the combat system I got used to.  I actually like pseudo or realtime twitch combat.  What I don't like are bugs, lootable items better than crafted items, legacy junk that is still ingame but serves no purpose, did I say bugs?, hackability, and no character diversification ability.

Now I know they could fix bugs, legacy garbage, and hackability, but 1) I know they haven't, and 2) they aren't ever going to address the lack of char diversification to a level that would ever compare with the old system.

So why bother?

• Master_PingMaster_Ping Member Posts: 6

I haven't tried the vet trials and won't! It probably would bring back too many memories I have managed to let go and stopped being angry.

• EvilsamEvilsam Member UncommonPosts: 200

I did

Had a C/H-Pistoleer and a Arcitect-merchant.

I really liked the mining and building structures before.

I traveled for over an hour before i saw an actual person,not a spam bot,and he was as bewildered as I was at what the game had become.

untill CU SWG was my second favorite game ever,I would play it again,only left to try Wow and intended to go back,that was when the Cu and then NG..whatever,I called it the gutting< happened.

I woildn't play it as is for free..but would pay again if it was like before the CU...IF the bugs were fixed,most were pre-release and still there.

• AvosAvos Member Posts: 69

I've been back several times for about a day or so each.  Pretty much all I can take.

I actually like the combat.  I don't think it's that bad.  BUT, there is no, ZERO, nada, ZILCH, economy.  I guess you don't really need one when half of everything or more is now looted...

No economy, NO PLAYERS, NPCs spawning in rocks, HORRIBLE missions, and so many more issues with the current game that a day is about all I can take.

I suppose if you have had a choice-cut of Steak (Pre-CU) and eaten half of it then it's suddenly taken off the table and a plate of cow-dung is placed in front of you, you probably won't eat anymore.  The NGE and the game as of Chapter 6 was STILL aweful, a complete and total BAD ripoff of WoW with Star Wars skin.

• GozzarGozzar Member UncommonPosts: 387
    Originally posted by smg777

I used mine to check out the newest chapter because it was supposed to be focused on space. JTL was always my favorite part of the game.
    The mantra that all the fanboys chant is "Forget the old game...start a new character and play it like a brand new game and you will see how great the NGE is." Unfortunately they are dead wrong. I started a new character--a Rodian bounty hunter and started off.
    The newbie station was fine...it would have been great to have something like this in the old game. I got to level eight and headed down to tat where I was greeted by seven credit spammers. I started the legacy quest chain and I have to say...it's a joke. Drive to this waypoint and kill 11 of these guys and 13 of those guys then drive to a cave and kill some meatlumps. It was really, really bad.
    The combat is still way too fast and the particle effects are laughable. My carbine shoots backwards for some reason. I have several specials but they all do the same thing...more damage than the default attack. If they fire, that is.
    I made it to level 30 before giving up in disgust and going back to my old characters to try out the new space content.
    The new space content consists of a single space zone, Ord Mantel. It's full of higher level NPCs and a space station with a quest chain. I was really interested in getting one of the new gunboats until I found out that I need to complete a "collection" which entails killing hundreds of low-level ships. Sounds thrilling...
    I play on Intrepid and I don't know where it fits in population-wise compared to servers like Ahazi and Bria but it was really empty. I saw a few people in Mos Eisley running around and there were actually a dozen people up in space working on their "collections".
    None of my old friends are playing and I've seen a single familiar name from when I quit two years ago.
    This was my first time back in the game after quitting a week after the NGE hit and I can now say with certainty that there is no hope for this game.

indeed, they must have a couple of retards at the dev team.. the specials is just the tip of the iceberg