Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Got a question about the SoE Gamecards.

Mupp3nMupp3n Member Posts: 56

Is all the SoE Gamecards the same? Since ive seen some different ones..

SONY-ONLINE - Everquest / Everquest 2 / Planetside / Vanguard - 30 Days Game Time Card  $14.99                

And then theres

Sony Online Entertainment 30 days gamecard: EverQuest®, PlanetSide®, EverQuest® II or EverQuest Online Adventures®, Star Wars Galaxies, The Matrix Online, and Vanguard: Saga of Heroes.    $14.99 

The stores here only sell the upper one, not the one in the middle.. ( Middle is from the SoEs Shop..)

Oh and i live in Europe, and i cant find the Gamecards anywhere, and i do not have a parent/friend whos able or willing to use a Credit Card to add gametime.. And im looking for a Gamecard to SWG.

Comments

• DargnonDargnon Member Posts: 56

I will ask for you on the SWG forums.

edit - Is that an online shop that offers the first card? If it is online shop, you should ask them /mail them) if this also works for SWG as they could easily made the cards description wrong.

If it is not online shop, ask the staff in the shop plus look at the card. If on the card there is Vanguard mentioned and there isnt SWG mentioned, then it doesnt work for SWG. But i cant imagine why would they make cards that work for Vanguard - a year old game, and not make them work for SWG. So far all cards ive heard about are either old and work only for specific game (EQ specific, SWG specific), or work for all games.

edit2 - Also, there are older cards that work for EQ, EQ2 and PlanetSide only.

• Mupp3nMupp3n Member Posts: 56
    Originally posted by Dargnon

I will ask for you on the SWG forums.
    edit - Is that an online shop that offers the first card? If it is online shop, you should ask them /mail them) if this also works for SWG as they could easily made the cards description wrong.
    If it is not online shop, ask the staff in the shop plus look at the card. If on the card there is Vanguard mentioned and there isnt SWG mentioned, then it doesnt work for SWG. But i cant imagine why would they make cards that work for Vanguard - a year old game, and not make them work for SWG. So far all cards ive heard about are either old and work only for specific game (EQ specific, SWG specific), or work for all games.
    edit2 - Also, there are older cards that work for EQ, EQ2 and PlanetSide only.

The top one is an online shop and the stuff is a "orderproduct" so they dont really have it until anyone orders it.. 

Its soooooo hard to find a Gamecard thats actually working for Vanguard AND SWG, i do not want to buy a Separate for each, as im only gonna use it for SWG Currently.

Give me link to that website, you can send it in private message to me. I will check it.

Give me link to that website, you can send it in private message to me. I will check it.

Dont think you would understand anything of the rest of the Text since its Swedish.

And, ive not managed to find ANY Gamecards for SWG Anywhere, not shops not even in Online Stores.

So hard for a person to just play a game!

A weird thing is they still sell Complete online adventures and Jump to lightspeed, but no gamecards!

Thank you. Well, this is most interesting situation.

The image they have on their website shows a gamecard for EverQuest, EverQuest 2 and Planetside.

- this card did exist, but isnt produced anymore

The text describes it works for EverQuest, EverQuest 2, Planetside and Vanguard.

- such a card doesnt exist.

If they have to order the item, they will find out this product doesnt exist anymore OR that the description they used is wrong, because the current product is "SOE Game Card" that works for all 7 SOE games.

What you should do is - mail them and ask if they can order the current "SOE Game Card" and tell them, that their description is wrong as the card depicted doesnt work for Vanguard.

What ure after is this: and directly from SOE it costs $14.99. The only other produced cards are either EQ or PlanetSide specific as these games have lower subscribtion cost.

Believe me, as online shop theyre used to reply to all sorts of questions. They will either tell you that they can get the current card, or not. Both ways their describtion of that product is wrong.

Thank you. Well, this is most interesting situation.
    The image they have on their website shows a gamecard for EverQuest, EverQuest 2 and Planetside.
        - this card did exist, but isnt produced anymore
    The text describes it works for EverQuest, EverQuest 2, Planetside and Vanguard.
        - such a card doesnt exist.

If they have to order the item, they will find out this product doesnt exist anymore OR that the description they used is wrong, because the current product is "SOE Game Card" that works for all 7 SOE games.
    What you should do is - mail them and ask if they can order the current "SOE Game Card" and tell them, that their description is wrong as the card depicted doesnt work for Vanguard.
    What ure after is this: and directly from SOE it costs $14.99. The only other produced cards are either EQ or PlanetSide specific as these games have lower subscribtion cost.
    Believe me, as online shop theyre used to reply to all sorts of questions. They will either tell you that they can get the current card, or not. Both ways their describtion of that product is wrong.

Thanks, i kinda knew about that card you shown me, from Station.sony.shop thingie.

Can you order it and get it Physically? Or is it all JUST Virtual? The card. Since i cant find any information about that, all i found was PayByCash, wich obviously Credit Card. As im not able to use any, or know any friends with one.

Ive messaged the store before ( webhallen.com to be exact ) 100% Swedish, except some Descriptions about games. They told me to bug off well, they are the best site in sweden that sells games and media products, but they told me to read the description on the website, and claimed its the right information.

Anyhow, guess ill have to join the MOB of Russia or something lol, to get a hold of a Gamecard.

As they do sell Vanguard and they only sell this card, i would guess it really works with Vanguard = works with all SOE games.

If ure willing to risk the money, then order it. But their describtion is wrong.

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

I also noticed this when looking around in some electronic stores and EB games where I live, also there seems to be no longer 60-day cards, if you can't (or don't want to) use your CC online, you have to go through this every month or buy a stack full of them if you want to play more than 30 days. It has gotten a bit harder to pay and play SOE games because of their cutbacks on packeged production and limited game card distribution. I've seen Planetside on the shelf for $2, EQ and EQ2 for $5 and the station access (MXO, SWG, EQ2 and Planetside) for $9, the prices are incredibly low.

Also there are a couple good sellers on ebay if you use paypal (safer way to use your CC), I've gotten a few City of Heroes cards through one of them and they email you the code right away upon request.