Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For all you "Still" mad vets...A gauntlet and a question..

Comments

• saaysaay Member Posts: 455
    Originally posted by Kazara

Originally posted by saay

I'd just like to point out that some vets who hate the game can potentially cause people to not try the game, as i have said many times, a few of them relish the chance of a post in the Discussion forums, asking should i try the game; immediately they're in there lieing just as hard as they can. Although this isnt going to have an enormous effect, it does happen often. And if you were to direct yourself over to those forums you'd see the evidence, and they evidence that the brand new players are thoroughly enjoying it.

If the game has brand new players happily playing, then why the outcry about declinging numbers and server merges on your official forum? The game speaks for itself...if it is good, it would attract players and you wouldn't be seeing outcries of poor population numbers, needed server merges and calls to action on other forum sites. 'Those' forums (official $OE forums) delete most negative feedback from new and current players (if they don't out right ban the posters), so what did you expect you would read?

I havent seen any posts about declining numbers, infact, the opposite, many posts i read there express their enjoyment of increasing numbers. Im talking about the MMORPG forums, which for the most part, do not delete negative posts/flames/lies.

• ArcheusCrossArcheusCross Member Posts: 793

I'd just like to point out that some vets who hate the game can potentially cause people to not try the game, as i have said many times, a few of them relish the chance of a post in the Discussion forums, asking should i try the game; immediately they're in there lieing just as hard as they can. Although this isnt going to have an enormous effect, it does happen often. And if you were to direct yourself over to those forums you'd see the evidence, and they evidence that the brand new players are thoroughly enjoying it.

If the game has brand new players happily playing, then why the outcry about declinging numbers and server merges on your official forum? The game speaks for itself...if it is good, it would attract players and you wouldn't be seeing outcries of poor population numbers, needed server merges and calls to action on other forum sites. 'Those' forums (official $OE forums) delete most negative feedback from new and current players (if they don't out right ban the posters), so what did you expect you would read?

I havent seen any posts about declining numbers, infact, the opposite, many posts i read there express their enjoyment of increasing numbers. Im talking about the MMORPG forums, which for the most part, do not delete negative posts/flames/lies.

Hey bro. Still waiting on those pictures of coronet and theed. Unfortunately the other thread is no more.. but proof would be good for your statement above. Still waitin! :)

As for the reason they dont delete anything in this forum... its becuase this section was made for us to discuss soe and its blunder and also to remember days gone by. So whats here has every right to be written here.

"Do not fret! Your captain is about to enter Valhalla!" - General Beatrix of Alexandria

"The acquisition of knowledge is of use to the intellect, for nothing can be loved or hated without first being known." - Leo da Vinci

Originally posted by ArcheusCross

Hey bro. Still waiting on those pictures of coronet and theed. Unfortunately the other thread is no more.. but proof would be good for your statement above. Still waitin! :)

As for the reason they dont delete anything in this forum... its becuase this section was made for us to discuss soe and its blunder and also to remember days gone by. So whats here has every right to be written here.

I know i havent been able to play swg last couple days, i will at the weekend though. And btw, i was talking about the general discussion forums. Did you see those pictures Obraik posted of the new Heroic? that would answer any questions about using the same art and textures.

• Bama1267Bama1267 Member UncommonPosts: 1,822
    Originally posted by hipiap

It's not just that they need to move on.

There is a lot of cool CONTENT that they are missing out on because they can't take a minute and give it a try.
    99% of the People that played SW:G and left because of the CURB or NGE or whatever the reason was can afford to Blow 15 bucks to try this game now for 30 days or until they get bored with it.
    2 new Jedi Crystals, New specials and procs, SEA's are back in stackable ways...

I will admit to being an Elder Ranger for Life....but after over 1100 days on my main server I am still having Fun with the game.

And I still catch a forum ban for telling Sony what I think.

Come back...its Fun again.

Cool content? The game was cool the way it was before it got jacked up. It was cool before they made us pay to play beta while they changed the game. The game is a crappy bugged version of WOW with a Star Wars skin on it. They went after a playerbase that wasnt there in hopes of more money and it bit them in the arse. The way they treated us customers is more than enough reason for everyone of us to post and let others know what they did until the game is officially dead and no longer on life support.

Originally posted by Bama1267

There is a lot of cool CONTENT that they are missing out on because they can't take a minute and give it a try.
    99% of the People that played SW:G and left because of the CURB or NGE or whatever the reason was can afford to Blow 15 bucks to try this game now for 30 days or until they get bored with it.
    2 new Jedi Crystals, New specials and procs, SEA's are back in stackable ways...

I will admit to being an Elder Ranger for Life....but after over 1100 days on my main server I am still having Fun with the game.

Cool content? The game was cool the way it was before it got jacked up. It was cool before they made us pay to play beta while they changed the game. The game is a crappy bugged version of WOW with a Star Wars skin on it. They went after a playerbase that wasnt there in hopes of more money and it bit them in the arse. The way they treated us customers is more than enough reason for everyone of us to post and let others know what they did until the game is officially dead and no longer on life support.

The release of the NGE sucked, and i guess its understandable if you want to spurt out stuff about Pre-NGE to new players (who it is of no relevance to) but is there much point? Life support? Well its been 2+ years and its starting to look like it could recover :)

• SuvrocSuvroc Member Posts: 2,383

Originally posted by Bama1267

The release of the NGE sucked, and i guess its understandable if you want to spurt out stuff about Pre-NGE to new players (who it is of no relevance to) but is there much point? Life support? Well its been 2+ years and its starting to look like it could recover :)

Funny thing is I've been hearing about how SWG is about to recover for 2 years too.

The bar for SWG was set by pre-CU standards, and now it's trying to achieve that standard by replacing lost elements with that from pre-CU. The problem is simply though. The core of the game is still not pre-CU, so it'll never achieve that lofty statis it had.

Trying to make the game look pre-CU simply doesn't make it pre-CU.

It makes it an illusion.

• CeddCedd Member Posts: 67

Originally posted by namelessbob

Originally posted by salvaje

I think the SOE fanbois need to get over the fact that we haven't gotten over it.

It was LA who forced the hand of SOE. You do have to remember that and get Lucasartssucks.com too and inform people of how they can completely overhaul a system and force an untested system into play, and then abandon SOE when in an hour of need.

People really need to know that SOE was perfectly happy with the CU, and did not want to push the NGE, but was simply there for in game testing for possible release until LA saw it and wanted that to be the game which then fucked it for everyone.

I am not really sure if this has been responded to yet because I haven't gotten any further thru this thread yet but I have to respond to this.

It may very well be LA's fault for this. $OE may very well be the scape goat

But I guarantee because of these people here in this forum, people that are scattered across nearly every MMO out now, and everywhere between

Nobody and I mean Nobody (LA included) will ever do something this stupid again. And especially if $OE continues to bleed/lose potential subs and eventially goes down/out of business. I mean with this much blowback which company in its right mind would do something like this again. As much as you may hate this forum (to the Fanbois/trolls not directed at namelessbob unless you fit the description of fanboi/troll) and the "ex vets", you better think to thank them under your breath because there is no chance that any game you may play in the future will be "REVAMPED" without the communities knowlege and consent.

Cedd

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

Originally posted by namelessbob

Originally posted by salvaje

I think the SOE fanbois need to get over the fact that we haven't gotten over it.

It was LA who forced the hand of SOE. You do have to remember that and get Lucasartssucks.com too and inform people of how they can completely overhaul a system and force an untested system into play, and then abandon SOE when in an hour of need.

People really need to know that SOE was perfectly happy with the CU, and did not want to push the NGE, but was simply there for in game testing for possible release until LA saw it and wanted that to be the game which then fucked it for everyone.

I wish people would quit saying Lucas Arts forced the NGE on SOE as if SOE is powerless to do anything.

Jeff Freeman and several other SOE devs admitted that they created the idea of the NGE.  Freemans blog talked about how they created this idea and had to campaign for weeks to sell the idea to "the man".

Lucas arts is just as much to blame, but they did not force anything on SOE.  Both companies got greedy looking at how successful WoW was doing and decided to screw over their customers in favor of the potential customer.  SOE was never happy with any of their subscription rates after WOW, in any of their games.

"It was a tough decision we had to make," he said. "We knew we were going to sacrifice some players . . . [but] as a 'Star Wars' license, we should do a lot better than we have been doing." -John Blakely vice president of development at Sony Online Entertainment

www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/02/01/AR2006020102341.html

• FishermageFishermage Member Posts: 7,562
    The fact is both are responsible but only one of the two should have known better: SOE. They should have known what this would have done to the game, since they already had a slew of angry Everquest players that they did this to once before. I know people who still refuse to play an SOE game because of changes made to EQ. When they did it to MY game, they said, ya see what I mean?

SOE is known for this.

LEC had zero experience with MMO players and, while yes they should have done their own research and not trusted SOE, they expected SOE to know what they were doing.

It was up to SOE to say, "we can't do this." Instead, they enthusiastically came up with the idea, pushed for it, and did it.

PLUS it was SOE's mismanagement of the game that led to low subs in the first place. It was blowing deadlines before launch, and not fixng the game after it came out.

While LEC certainly shares the blame, they mostly are to blame for trusting SOE to do their job.
  • MathosMathos Member Posts: 897

You people need to get over it for gods sake.

While I am mad about what Lucas Arts Made SOE do to SWG back in 2005 and 2004, moaning and whining over it and w/e else you're doing is a waste of time.

You kids and adults seem to forget that LEC controls what SoE develops for SW:G.
    You blame and flame and scream at SOE....but one in a thousand complains that it was Lucas Arts/LEC fault for wanting to attract the Numbers that WoW draws.

I am just soooo tired of you people harping on what SOE did to your game.  One would think by reading the threads in the Veteran's Refuge that you people have no life away from the Computer.

So...there is the Gauntlet.
    Heres the question:

When was the last time anyone here actually Logged INTO SW:G?
    Pre-2006?
    Expertise for Spy or Smuggler?
    Chapter 6 AI Combat adjustment?
    Chapter 7 The Return of Aurilla, Dathomir, Heroics and Collections?
    Chapter 8 Space Collections and ISD Heroic?
    Anyone here take advantage of the 14 or 21 Day Trials? Or the Buddy Program?
    Anyone actually Log in to see how active Bria or Starsider or Chilastra or Gorath or Intrepid is currently?
    Or are all of you so bitter that your too chicken to log in and find that you might actually enoy it?

I Am a 9 Time Elder on Intrepid.  I have the ORH.  I have Completed the fate of the galaxy quest for the Shard of Retribution.  I also have over 120 Badges.

I am sick of seeing you people not move on or grow a clue.

Play SW:G or play something else.  Quit complaining about something that happend Over 2 years and 2 months about at minimum.  And if some of you are still pi55ed over the Cu....well....Log in....the game is difficult and takes thought.

LOL you need to get over it your self ....

I was there in 07 lol get a clue most do go back and try it ...

Dude you really need to get a clue...

• MathosMathos Member Posts: 897

Originally posted by GreenHell

Im sorry but I can not believe that someone reads a forum and does not download a free trial because of some hate posts. It is free. They have nothing to lose but a little bit of time. You either overestimate the persuasive nature of the haters or you underestimate the intelligence of the potential SWG customer.

I am not saying that some of the haters dont troll. I would say just as many of the defenders do as well. Neither one of these groups has any effect on the population of this game.

If you believe this game is better than it has been in the past you should petition sites that review games to have them do another review. People coming here just to start a flame war isnt going to help your game any more than the haters are going to hurt it.  Those review sites have a lot more influence over peoples opinions than a forum like this.

Directed at $aay not GreenHell

I have tryed so many free trials its not funny, no mater whats said about the game.. but in the end i went back to wow.. why play a poor wow clone when you can play the real thing and btw i dont care for wow all that much but its not buggy and to its not a poor copy of its self....

I dont tell people not to play swg but i do tell them to try the free trial first 100% of feed back is that they are glad they tryed the trial and didnt buy the game lol...

And i was a tkm can i play that class again ?...

• xPaladinxPaladin Member UncommonPosts: 741

[A] When was the last time anyone here actually Logged INTO SW:G?
    [B] Or are all of you so bitter that your too chicken to log in and find that you might actually enoy it?
    [C] I am sick of seeing you people not move on or grow a clue. Play SW:G or play something else.  Quit complaining about something that happend Over 2 years and 2 months about at minimum.  And if some of you are still pi55ed over the Cu....well....Log in....the game is difficult and takes thought.

I didn't feel like clipping this out beyond that, because frankly, this thread is yet another in a series of tl;dr anti-vet flamefests. But here ya go:

[A] I was a day one vet, and quit "for good" around the time of the NGE release. My last experience was a PvP battle that, despite lasting 20 minutes, I won (it was me as Smuggler vs rebel Medic). Like you, I achieved many titles during the hologrind, PvP'd very often, and

I last tuned into SWG out of desperation for a space sim/rpg game back in August '07 and made a few posts about my experiences there on Bloodfin. You may or may not be aware, but Bloodfin is among the top resided servers (and still is) in the game. Basically I swore I was going to commit to a few days at least and give it a fair shake, so I did.

I encounted a few old friends from the "old days" and reminisced with them. The thing I made the most noise about, and felt personally alarmed by, was the general sentiment with these guys that the game was "not yet ready" and would need another year. For a game approaching it's 5th year anniversary, that is completely unacceptable.

I tried a new character and was unimpressed. My old character was the most fun I had in the (new) game, though only the sandbox elements intrigued me. Starports and cantinas were empty for the most part, and without going through BioEngineering, I was really left with few options for play outside of Restuss (which I was, again, rather unimpressed with).

This new game experience crap really doesn't match any of the eloquent -- if not buggy -- beauty that existed with the Pre-9 game. The SWG of old wasn't perfect, but it was a hell of a lot better than this blatantly obvious hackjob. It wasn't any different than the game we had been used to playing already except for the additional button you now have to push to execute specials. That does not a challenging game create. It does, however, work wonderfully at creating a more cumbersome game.

[B] I'll grant there's a lot of hate for SOE and the NGE, and in all honesty, it's very well deserved. SOE has literally led it's players around by the balls and because they control the experience they have every right to do this. People who are having fun with the game (and mind you, many veterans share this origin) tend to not mind the rather ruthless exploitation because the fun outweighs the spite.

Honest to life, it's all fun and games until you yourself get fucked in the ass. Then, and usually only then, does it get personal.

The problem with the veterans of old in this regard is that SOE was way, way too abusive on the old(est) players and it ultimately culminated in the paradigm shift that was NGE. Regardless of anyone's opinions of the NGE, the effects were apparent: it really pissed off a lot of people causing a subscription dip and in many cases pushed people away from the game or even the corporate entity.

The NGE was really just the last straw for many people -- myself included. That said...

[C] The flaming, which of late, is more civil than it used to be, is really just a vent and lamentation for what the game has become. I bet in many cases, a lot of the "vets" flaming the game aren't day one true vets. Not that they have to be, or anything, but the day one guys are generally gone as they were the wiser and ditched this game long before the NGE.

Still outstanding though, is the fact that SOE has done next to nothing to rectify the situation. It's highly unlikely they ever will, either. I think this is perhaps the most horrible part, since all it would take is just one sponsored classic server. And given SOE's disposition with other games, notably EQ2 which has a variety of game modes now, including classic servers, I really don't think this is too much to ask.

-- xpaladin

[MMOz]
    AC1/2, AO, DAoC, EQ1/2, SoR, SWG, UO, WAR, WoW

• Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183

Hey...OP....how do you like the fact that SOE just announced the coming nerf of Block Chance? How do you think the players who spent millions on block suits and instanc tokens on jewelry feel? All that work, time, and money, made worthless in a heart-beat?

you see, THEY STILL HAVN"T LEARNED ANYTHING FROM NGE. They are still doing it, every couple of months, with these baby NGEs.

People don't want to spend all that time and $$ making their character just right, and have it all gone at a whim. And SOE does this to it's players, over and over and over again. (Glancing blow, anyone?)

I guarantee a lot more people leave SWG because of this nerf...and there aren't that many people left in the game as it is.

• Pjay2kPjay2k Member CommonPosts: 260

You people need to get over it for gods sake.

While I am mad about what Lucas Arts Made SOE do to SWG back in 2005 and 2004, moaning and whining over it and w/e else you're doing is a waste of time.

You kids and adults seem to forget that LEC controls what SoE develops for SW:G.
    You blame and flame and scream at SOE....but one in a thousand complains that it was Lucas Arts/LEC fault for wanting to attract the Numbers that WoW draws.

I am just soooo tired of you people harping on what SOE did to your game.  One would think by reading the threads in the Veteran's Refuge that you people have no life away from the Computer.

So...there is the Gauntlet.
    Heres the question:

When was the last time anyone here actually Logged INTO SW:G?
    Pre-2006?
    Expertise for Spy or Smuggler?
    Chapter 6 AI Combat adjustment?
    Chapter 7 The Return of Aurilla, Dathomir, Heroics and Collections?
    Chapter 8 Space Collections and ISD Heroic?
    Anyone here take advantage of the 14 or 21 Day Trials? Or the Buddy Program?
    Anyone actually Log in to see how active Bria or Starsider or Chilastra or Gorath or Intrepid is currently?
    Or are all of you so bitter that your too chicken to log in and find that you might actually enoy it?

I Am a 9 Time Elder on Intrepid.  I have the ORH.  I have Completed the fate of the galaxy quest for the Shard of Retribution.  I also have over 120 Badges.

I am sick of seeing you people not move on or grow a clue.

Play SW:G or play something else.  Quit complaining about something that happend Over 2 years and 2 months about at minimum.  And if some of you are still pi55ed over the Cu....well....Log in....the game is difficult and takes thought.

jesus just shut up pls...

a. we will keep on posting bad press and negative feedback about SOE and SWG as long as there are no pre-cu servers, even if this will take the next 10 years, we dont give a shit.

b. its not only about pre-cu and the NGE, its about SOE lying to us over and over again

c. we paid shit loads of money for SWG for years and got the right to bash SOE for as long as we want.

d. whats wrong ? got problems with the population of NGE-swg ? awwww, poor baby.

e. pre-cu ftw.

SOE and NGE-Star Wars Galalaxies:
    Raph Koster: "It's like dumping the girlfriend who has always been patient and loving to chase after the supermodel who probably won't love you back."

Originally posted by Wharg0ul

Hey...OP....how do you like the fact that SOE just announced the coming nerf of Block Chance? How do you think the players who spent millions on block suits and instanc tokens on jewelry feel? All that work, time, and money, made worthless in a heart-beat?
    you see, THEY STILL HAVN"T LEARNED ANYTHING FROM NGE. They are still doing it, every couple of months, with these baby NGEs.
    People don't want to spend all that time and $$ making their character just right, and have it all gone at a whim. And SOE does this to it's players, over and over and over again. (Glancing blow, anyone?)
    I guarantee a lot more people leave SWG because of this nerf...and there aren't that many people left in the game as it is.

Its not an enormous nerf, its something that needed to be done to make things a little more balanced, block suits will still be useful, on par with all the other stats, you cant buy instance tokens anyway and its certainly not made worthless (regardless of the fact that they will have 5 other different stats on that suit anyway). Im not sure how you can compare, altering the ratio to balance something out a bit with the NGE. I doubt anyone will leave over them tinkering with a single statistic that will still be effective.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Congratulations! You are OP #6 to win the "Beating a Dead Horse!" award!

• KazaraKazara Member UncommonPosts: 1,086

Its not an enormous nerf, its something that needed to be done to make things a little more balanced, block suits will still be useful, on par with all the other stats, you cant buy instance tokens anyway and its certainly not made worthless (regardless of the fact that they will have 5 other different stats on that suit anyway). Im not sure how you can compare, altering the ratio to balance something out a bit with the NGE. I doubt anyone will leave over them tinkering with a single statistic that will still be effective.

It may not be an enormous nerf to you, but it certainly is generating a lot of angst over at the O-boards.

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/posts/list.m?topic_id=584557

What is more pathetic is the players who are genuinely upset with this change are getting flamed by their fellow players - no sympathy what so ever. They do eat their young over there,

• AlienovrlordAlienovrlord Member Posts: 1,525

As a MMORPG customer I'm actually grateful to the SWG fans who haven't 'gotten over it'

Let's say everyone just decided to suck it up after say a month of the NGE release.   That would  have made SOE think, 'Hey, look!  We got away with that garbage, let's see what ELSE we can dump on our customers!'.   And other developers would have seen SOW and followed suit.

By not 'getting over it' MMORPG players are finally drawing a line in the sand and letting developers know that while they may have gotten into a habit of dumping complete trash on MMORPG players, their customers are finally not going to stand for it anymore.  It's a line that should have been drawn a long time ago.

SOE shouldn't be allowed to forget that.  Ever.  And given half a chance, they will. 

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

"

By not 'getting over it' MMORPG players are finally drawing a line in the sand and letting developers know that while they may have gotten into a habit of dumping complete trash on MMORPG players, their customers are finally not going to stand for it anymore.  It's a line that should have been drawn a long time ago."

Yes yes, your "not getting over it" seems to be working wonders...

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

I recieved the vet trial email back in Sept but didn't log in until mid Octobor on one account and late November on another, which is chapter 7. The last time I was in game prior to that was Nov 2005 shortly after the NGE went live. The NGE didn't seem all that much improved, it still has the disgusting GUI, missing animations and static professions.

Anyhow, I found that the GCW faction (and maintenance past rank 6) and collections are a carrot on stick effort which I didn't follow into for long, and the server I was on didn't have many available groups to join for heroics or even Mustafar (yes I didn't get much done there yet).

I found the majority of players in Restuss at peak hour, probably a max of 16-20 players, Mos Eisley only had 10 people there, major hubs like Theed and Coronet were ghosttowns and still laggy as hell but I found the game ran crappier on my PC than SWG did 3 years ago on an older PC that I had. I found combat to be blatantly dull, I've never been a fan of the manual targetting (and I was happy they put lock target back in), the animations were obnoxiously ugly and carbine/rifle shots had missing animations.

The character transfer service was and still is flakey and utterly expensive with the risk and GM will NOT help you if you lose items.

So yes, I logged in, played for over 20 days then deleted my characters then uninstalled the game. No more hope left in me anymore.

• Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183

I'm not even complaining about the nerf, really. It's more of a "here we go again", with SOE making a change that negatively impacts the majority of the player base, that no one wants!

And no, you're right. You can't buy instance tokens. you have to find groups in almost deserted servers that aren't made up entirely of jedi, and farm the damn things off instances who's difficulty was designed around combat mechanics which are about to change once again.

And you have to do these instances over, and over, and over again. While waiting for a lockout timer to expire each time.

It's not because of  one nerf that people leave the game, it's because it happens constantly, and people are sick of it.

• MikeMBMikeMB Member Posts: 272

Originally posted by Slampig

"
    By not 'getting over it' MMORPG players are finally drawing a line in the sand and letting developers know that while they may have gotten into a habit of dumping complete trash on MMORPG players, their customers are finally not going to stand for it anymore.  It's a line that should have been drawn a long time ago."

And do you guys really think someone won't do an NGE again?

Believe me somewhere at sometime, some game will pull the same stunt. With someone at that game saying "Oh we won't do it like SOE did, this time it will be better!" It will happen, mostly due to people being 'human' and thinking they can make more money off of something. Hell for the most part Ultima Online got NGE'd in 2000 with Trammel. Believe me their are still people screaming that the game should have Classic Servers! And that change was just getting people away from Player Killers and Thief's. Same amount of yelling and screaming from the Player Base. Same posts of "Classic Servers or Rollback!" the same doom posts of "UO will be shut down in (X Amount) of (time here)!"

And that change was just due to EA deciding that the old game just didn't work, and people did stay away before it thanks to UO's rep of slow skill gain. And going out of town had you trying to recall before the 187 clan of Player Killers lead by "ikillnoobz" and his mindless lacky's named after WWF Wrestlers, gangsta rappers, and maybe one of the Tiny Toons, killed you, trapped your ghost, and emoted things over your body that would get you in real life thrown in prison for a damn long time.

The fact is this, games will get changed... Even if it's not an NGE someone at the game will decide that one of the Classes or Skills is too powerful and nerf it, ticking people off. It's happened for years, be it a nerf of a few Classes on a MUD. To nerfing or changing a Weapon in an FPS. Or even changing the game... Hit the Fallout 3 forums and see how the old Fallout fans are screaming about Fallout 3 being more 'Elder Scrolls' like, rather then going with the outdated system that Fallout 1 and 2 had... Hell I've seen people screaming about how BioShock isn't System Shock 2, or how Call of Duty 4 should have been based in World War 2... Cuz ya know the Call of Duty name means it's a World War 2 game...

And dear god it happens to Pen and Paper RPG's as well! I myself just started playing Dungeons and Dragons again. And at the place I play at some of the people that go there HATE the new rules and setting. And almost all of them are just down right screaming about the new rules set coming out, that is planing on making D&D more 'WoW' like.

So the big over all point is, games change. Sometimes it's something small that will tick people off, and sometimes it's something big that will tick more people off. It's going to happen, and really you guys can scream untill your blue in the face, but it was still going to change.

• AvosAvos Member Posts: 69

I want to know this...

Why do the vets get banned for "flaming" in this very forum and yet an NGE'r can come HERE, flame all of us, repeatedly, and yet nothing happens?

Why are some of the threads supporting the vets (you know, who this forum was designed for...) locked and threads like this one, obvious attempt at starting trouble and CLEARLY flaming us are allowed to continue?

Why is MMORPG targeting the vets to ban and delete?  Reminds me of the SOE boards right when the NGE came out.  Doesn't seem quite fair now does it?

• KalsyrKalsyr Member Posts: 1

Originally posted by MikeMB

Originally posted by Slampig

"

And do you guys really think someone won't do an NGE again?

Believe me somewhere at sometime, some game will pull the same stunt. With someone at that game saying "Oh we won't do it like SOE did, this time it will be better!" It will happen, mostly due to people being 'human' and thinking they can make more money off of something. Hell for the most part Ultima Online got NGE'd in 2000 with Trammel. Believe me their are still people screaming that the game should have Classic Servers! And that change was just getting people away from Player Killers and Thief's. Same amount of yelling and screaming from the Player Base. Same posts of "Classic Servers or Rollback!" the same doom posts of "UO will be shut down in (X Amount) of (time here)!"

And that change was just due to EA deciding that the old game just didn't work, and people did stay away before it thanks to UO's rep of slow skill gain. And going out of town had you trying to recall before the 187 clan of Player Killers lead by "ikillnoobz" and his mindless lacky's named after WWF Wrestlers, gangsta rappers, and maybe one of the Tiny Toons, killed you, trapped your ghost, and emoted things over your body that would get you in real life thrown in prison for a damn long time.

The fact is this, games will get changed... Even if it's not an NGE someone at the game will decide that one of the Classes or Skills is too powerful and nerf it, ticking people off. It's happened for years, be it a nerf of a few Classes on a MUD. To nerfing or changing a Weapon in an FPS. Or even changing the game... Hit the Fallout 3 forums and see how the old Fallout fans are screaming about Fallout 3 being more 'Elder Scrolls' like, rather then going with the outdated system that Fallout 1 and 2 had... Hell I've seen people screaming about how BioShock isn't System Shock 2, or how Call of Duty 4 should have been based in World War 2... Cuz ya know the Call of Duty name means it's a World War 2 game...

And dear god it happens to Pen and Paper RPG's as well! I myself just started playing Dungeons and Dragons again. And at the place I play at some of the people that go there HATE the new rules and setting. And almost all of them are just down right screaming about the new rules set coming out, that is planing on making D&D more 'WoW' like.

So the big over all point is, games change. Sometimes it's something small that will tick people off, and sometimes it's something big that will tick more people off. It's going to happen, and really you guys can scream untill your blue in the face, but it was still going to change.

Had EverQuest 2 overwrote EverQuest 1... If Call of Duty 4 obliterates the ability to play previous Call of Duty games..... Evolving a series is only symbolically related, but you're probably correct - this would be SWG 2..

I just wish I could play SWG 1 some more.

• MrGeekMrGeek Member Posts: 10

Let's see....

Bring back CREATURE HANDLER

BIO ENGINEER

SCOUTS

And this as full professions not a secondary crap.

And get rid of startup JEDI, jedi should have stayed the way it was, almost impossible to get without a lot of hard work.

Get rid of that extremely annoying targeting scheme NGE brought, which totally suxx...

Now is just a frigginf fps with lame professions.....

At least space component has stayed the same.

And I did log the last few weeks with a trial account to check things out, and the game is still buggy and sux! No wonder 9 milion players play WoW!