Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Trek Online: P2 Lays Off Employees

SzarkSzark News ManagerMember Posts: 4,420

WarCry is reporting that P2, formerly Perpetual Entertainment and developer of the defunct Gods and Heroes and Star Trek Online, will be laying off members of the Star Trek Online Team.

P2 Entertainment will officially lay off members of the Star Trek Online development team this afternoon, according to multiple sources at the company. The news comes as no surprise after reports earlier this week that they had suspended development.

In cooperation with P2, Cryptic Studios interviewed members of the Star Trek Online development team at Cryptic's Los Gatos office Tuesday for positions on unannounced projects. They had no comment on reports that they would take on the game and license.

Read more here.

Comments

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

Not unexpected in light of the recent news that P2 lost the Star Trek Online license.

• rivethead23rivethead23 Member Posts: 41
    Speaking of Gods and Heroes. That's been canceled, unless I am crazy. I wonder why they are still selling preorder boxes at best buy? lol
  • ravex5ravex5 Member UncommonPosts: 64

Not surprising they are still selling preorders considering gamestops here are still selling archlord and fury lol

• rivethead23rivethead23 Member Posts: 41
    Aye but if you buy the Archlord box for example the key gets converted to credits you can use to buy stuff in the game. The game is still playable. Gods and Heroes never came out and never will apparently lol.
  • gamerman98gamerman98 Member UncommonPosts: 807

Like the other dude said this was Not unexpected....whats next?? OH WAIT!!! i can see it now.... "P2, formerly Perpetual Entertainment have given all of their emplyees today a memo to go meet with the head bosses and such in the company parking lot today to be brutally fired and all of whatever they still do there is to be sent to $OE for future crapifing." Sound familar? probably and even though it wont happen i just had to say it because im sure all of us (but 1) have seen this scenario all too many times.

• sithlord617sithlord617 Member Posts: 73

i hate to continue the kind of off-topic conversation, but i recently saw SWG 'jump to lightspeed' at walmart STiLL for full retail of $30. i was like damn wtf

• gamerman98gamerman98 Member UncommonPosts: 807

Originally posted by sithlord617
    i hate to continue the kind of off-topic conversation, but i recently saw SWG 'jump to lightspeed' at walmart STiLL for full retail of $30. i was like damn wtf

ya thats a major WTF...last time i went to the EBgames here i never saw one box of SWG...if i ever did in the last year it was a previously used box lol.

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630

I would LOVE to play a good Star Trek mmo. I'm glad these idiots lost the license and now maybe someone better will pick it up.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• dalevi1dalevi1 Member Posts: 829

Originally posted by sithlord617

and I saw 5 boxes of RF online for $30 a pop at a local, and relatively respected "machine" store. The guy tool them straight off the shelves when I told him it was free to play now. It wasn't walmart. Oh, right. I haven't stepped foot into a walmart in 22 years, and that was when they were next door to the local farmer's market.

looking for games at walmart? does that come with fries and a latte, i realy want to know. i need to compare notes with my visit to best buy 4 years ago...

Played (more than a month): SWG, Second Life, Tabula Rasa, Lineage 2, Everquest 2, EvE, MxO, Ryzom.

Tried: WoW, Shadowbane, Anarchy Online, Everquest, WWII Online, Planetside

Beta: Lotro, Tabula Rasa, WAR.

• RomseRomse Member Posts: 198

Seriously though... Cryptic Studios are starting to be overdue for some sort of announcement as to what the hell is going on over there.

They've been claiming to be working on MUO and 2 other projects for like a year and a half...

-When asked if MUO is cancelled they won't answer

-They still have not disclose anything concerning the 2 other projects

-And now they're remaining silent about the STO license

You're not working on CoX... so what the heck are you working on?

Love what you've done with CoH and even more with CoV...

I generally like you as a company and how you were very communicative with the userbase...

Time to reconnect with that communicative side of yours Cryptic!

• tyhawktyhawk Member Posts: 22

Ooooh, they're probably just trying to live up to their own name

• HexxeityHexxeity Member Posts: 848

Dollars to doughnuts Cryptic will pick up the license for Star Trek.

• NeopsychNeopsych Member UncommonPosts: 324

"Dammit Jim, we gonna crash and burn here"

" I...Know....Bones. Scotty, we need more power"

" We just dunnae have nae more Cap'n. We gave it all we had."

" Spock....can...we....rescue this....?"

"That assumption would be illogical Jim....its fubar"

To err is human....to play is divine