Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FIRST! (and more!)

centrik91centrik91 Member Posts: 175

FIRST WOOT!

Seems like a cool idea, but the 2d approach makes me skeptical.

Comments

• AenashiAenashi Member UncommonPosts: 52
    Originally posted by centrik91

Seems like a cool idea

You can not be on Satan's side though :(

• centrik91centrik91 Member Posts: 175

Nevermind...

Seems like a crap idea.

• ughhughh Member Posts: 8

If you enjoy slapping yourself in the face with a frying pan.  Driving over 400 foot cliffs in a car full of nitro.  Swimming Great White Sharks in a seal costume, or going on a date with the Green River Killer this game is for you.

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Originally posted by ughh

If you enjoy slapping yourself in the face with a frying pan.  Driving over 400 foot cliffs in a car full of nitro.  Swimming Great White Sharks in a seal costume, or going on a date with the Green River Killer this game is for you.

It's that hardcore is it?

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams

ITs that hardcore of a waste of time.....  If  you want to spend hours and hours not only grinding exp,  but grinding skills to 100% at 1 whole whopping exp a tick be my guest.  If you want to spend hours and hours of your online gaming time staring at your crafter,  standing in one area picking weeds and such.  be my guest.  If you want a game where Customer Support has the iq of a potato.  Be my guest.  If you want a game in which the forum mods are already taking the forums hostage unless every post just says I love this game!  Be my guest.

I think you get my point.......

• stevejeesstevejees Member Posts: 14

If you like fun and can take the 2D approach, this game's for you. Honestly, people hating on this game... I just can't understand. I Haven't had this much fun with a free RPG since... ever. And I've tried a ton. It's simple but elaborate, the graphics and music are great, the spell and special move effects have good graphics, and the gameplay has tons to offer a casual gamer.

Seriously, don't be such a hater until you try the game. If you tried it and you don't like it, be constructive and say why you didn't like it. Don't be an idiot and just list things like "if you like swimming with great white sharks while wearing a seal suit, you'll like this game". It just makes you look closed-minded and unclever. I've heard complaints about bugginess in the game, but I just started playing and after about 20 hours logged in I haven't encountered one glitch. Although, the path from last week may have fixed those, so I guess I don't know.

Anyway, if you join the game and go to Angel Lyceum A you'll find a large group of people who wholeheartedly disagree with your asonine opinion. If you really feel that badly about the game, give it a review, and then shut up. Why come back to this forum just to be a hater? I bet you're the same kind of person who spams hate on every youtube video.

Move out of your mom's basement, get a college education, a girlfriend, a job, and some goddamn decency before you spend the rest of your life split between hating online and working the counter at your local Gas N' Go.

Wow you are calling me a hater and that post isnt hating on me.  I played the game for quite some time thank you.  The game is crap and it will always be crap.  You did everything you are trying to accuse me of doing in your own post.   As for the lower parts of your response.  I love when people try to throw those comments out about living with parents and all that drivle when they are probobly 13 year olds,  who only play these 2d crap games when they get tired of Habo Hotel.  I work for a living,  Have a actual gaming computer, and play real games with REAL graphics.  So take your freebie crap game and your food stamps. (Apparently you don't have money) since you can't pay to play a real game,  and take your hate somewhere else.

• stevejeesstevejees Member Posts: 14

I never claimed I wasn't going to ensue hating on you. But at least I don't crudely judge other people's hard work. The game is quite popular in Taiwan (where I currently am studying abroad (so no, I'm not 13, but 21).  I have quite a history with MMO's and video games in general, having owned a computer since I was 4.  If you don't like the game, that's great, but why create an account just to hate? So far you only have a few posts and it looks like you've spent most of your time acting like a little bitch. Be honest. Don't you hate yourself a little sometimes?

The game is awesome, and not buggy at all anymore, and new content is being added every month. Anyway, that's cool that you're closedminded. Not everyone can have a soul. I just hate people like you who go out of the way to shit on someone else's hard work with no respect to how difficult and well thought out it actually was. The game has depth that some paid MMO's lack. To someone, this game was a labor of love. Now, if it genuinely sucks, yes, we'll say "Sorry.. but this game sucks", but since there are at least half a million people in the world who disagree with you, I think we can toss that possibility right out the window, right? You should check out the chinese servers. This game's been around for a little while in Asia now and if you can get past the 2D graphics, which by the way aren't unattractive to anyone I've talked to, there are tons of kinds of pets, mounts, armors, weapons, special items, crafts, amazing PvP etc. There's so much this game has to offer but you just sit there with your 3D fixation and drool over WoW or whatever you're playing these days.

Graphics don't have to be amazing to present good gameplay. That's pretty much Gaming 101 right there.  If you are that obsessed with graphics, you shouldn't really be looking at a 2D game in the first place. But like I said, the graphics in this game are actually great, for what they are, and by far more appealing than WoW, in my opinion.

Not to sound like an idiot but could you tell me what Habo Hotel is... I'll look it up...

Anyway I've played WoW, EQ, EQ2, Asheron's Call, Asheron's Call 2, City of Heroes, Villains, Star Wars Galaxies, and tons more, and I found that I tend to enjoy wandering from game to game, and I expect something new every time. Perhaps that's why I like this game, and enjoyed Maple Story. I hate the anime style,but the gameplay and other aspects of the graphics are appealing and, above all else, refreshing to me. I make no apologies for my tastes. WoW and all those other games are awesome! Anyway, I AM in fact rather poor because I just spent $1000 dollars buying tickets and hotels for traveling to Singapore and Hong Kong (Chinese New Year is coming up, so we just are starting break now), so yes, I do like free MMO's and I also enjoy being able to go from one to the other rather freely without worrying about paying monthly fees. One afternoon I can play Lunia or Maple Story, the next I can play Guild Wars or something like Cabal (which I hope we get in the states).

Is it spelt "drivle"? I think it's "drivel".  Then again, it's probably just a typo and I'm sure I've made a few too ;)

• rcareyrcarey Member Posts: 63

I downloaded AO last week and so far i havent spent too much time on it (i work 1st so i try to sleep a little) probably only ten hours or so but so far this game is really intriguing! The whole concept is completely awesome, its such an original game. yeah the graphics are a throwback to snes era but thats not a problem. i dig the graphics, they remind me of Suikoden (any fans?) which is one of my all time favorite games. the only problem so far that i have noticed is the translation in AO. maybe its me but some of the text gets confusing at times. you can talk to an npc but you have to do a little decoding to understand what theyre saying. this isn't in all cases but a few so far.

i will admit that i have always had a thing for angels. im not religous in any sense but there is something about angels that has always caught my attention. so, to play a game that revolves around angels and evil and all that jazz is pretty neat.

to each his own.

i dig it, others hate it- its like that with every game. props to anyone who is a fan and to those who arent, well, too bad i guess.

~i'd rather be forgotten than remembered for giving in~

• mike470mike470 General CorrespondentMember Posts: 2,396

Originally posted by dashgalaxy86

I never claimed I wasn't going to ensue hating on you. But at least I don't crudely judge other people's hard work. The game is quite popular in Taiwan (where I currently am studying abroad (so no, I'm not 13, but 21).  I have quite a history with MMO's and video games in general, having owned a computer since I was 4.  If you don't like the game, that's great, but why create an account just to hate? So far you only have a few posts and it looks like you've spent most of your time acting like a little bitch. Be honest. Don't you hate yourself a little sometimes?
    The game is awesome, and not buggy at all anymore, and new content is being added every month. Anyway, that's cool that you're closedminded. Not everyone can have a soul. I just hate people like you who go out of the way to shit on someone else's hard work with no respect to how difficult and well thought out it actually was. The game has depth that some paid MMO's lack. To someone, this game was a labor of love. Now, if it genuinely sucks, yes, we'll say "Sorry.. but this game sucks", but since there are at least half a million people in the world who disagree with you, I think we can toss that possibility right out the window, right? You should check out the chinese servers. This game's been around for a little while in Asia now and if you can get past the 2D graphics, which by the way aren't unattractive to anyone I've talked to, there are tons of kinds of pets, mounts, armors, weapons, special items, crafts, amazing PvP etc. There's so much this game has to offer but you just sit there with your 3D fixation and drool over WoW or whatever you're playing these days.
    Graphics don't have to be amazing to present good gameplay. That's pretty much Gaming 101 right there.  If you are that obsessed with graphics, you shouldn't really be looking at a 2D game in the first place. But like I said, the graphics in this game are actually great, for what they are, and by far more appealing than WoW, in my opinion.
    Not to sound like an idiot but could you tell me what Habo Hotel is... I'll look it up...
    Anyway I've played WoW, EQ, EQ2, Asheron's Call, Asheron's Call 2, City of Heroes, Villains, Star Wars Galaxies, and tons more, and I found that I tend to enjoy wandering from game to game, and I expect something new every time. Perhaps that's why I like this game, and enjoyed Maple Story. I hate the anime style,but the gameplay and other aspects of the graphics are appealing and, above all else, refreshing to me. I make no apologies for my tastes. WoW and all those other games are awesome! Anyway, I AM in fact rather poor because I just spent $1000 dollars buying tickets and hotels for traveling to Singapore and Hong Kong (Chinese New Year is coming up, so we just are starting break now), so yes, I do like free MMO's and I also enjoy being able to go from one to the other rather freely without worrying about paying monthly fees. One afternoon I can play Lunia or Maple Story, the next I can play Guild Wars or something like Cabal (which I hope we get in the states).
    Is it spelt "drivle"? I think it's "drivel".  Then again, it's probably just a typo and I'm sure I've made a few too ;)

Wow, you like MapleStory AND this game?!  Geez, you must love games where you do nothing but grind and talk to people.  Cause thats all this game and MapleStory is.

• KorbyKorby Member Posts: 499

Originally posted by ughh

ITs that hardcore of a waste of time.....  If  you want to spend hours and hours not only grinding exp,  but grinding skills to 100% at 1 whole whopping exp a tick be my guest.  If you want to spend hours and hours of your online gaming time staring at your crafter,  standing in one area picking weeds and such.  be my guest.  If you want a game where Customer Support has the iq of a potato.  Be my guest.  If you want a game in which the forum mods are already taking the forums hostage unless every post just says I love this game!  Be my guest.

I think you get my point.......

Yet another person I agree with. I made a guide (in the few days I played) about saving money in the item mall they deleted it for a completely illegitimate reason. They said it was filled with sarcasm and igg bashing.

Well guess what fuckheads, I'm bashing you now.

• WingForceWingForce Member Posts: 8

Why is there always so many haters, on 2d games? Just cause it's 2d!! You shouldn't rate it cause it's graphics, if you want a good graphics game, then go find it yourself, don't come here and being a hater, I agree with dashgalaxy86, if you don't like the game, then just be quiet. Or you can show what you've disliked about it, and graphics isn't something you should dislike, only if you can't tell if it's a person from a trash can. Don't be a hater and make less people download and play this game. It won't get better if theres people like you that keep complaining, and don't even give a reason why.

• LimonesLimones Member Posts: 95

I just tried the game but I have to say I didn't like it. I played Maple Story for 2 years so I'm used to 2D games but this games drawing style just doesn't do it for me. But hey this is just my opinion and I have to admit I'm kind off burned out on the current MMO's (waiting for AoC).

• redbull3redbull3 Member Posts: 5

another IGG game bugs and GMs with lack of knowledge..igg strikes again with a game that is free..but yet you can't do anything w/o mall eh?