Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com Forum Titles!

Comments

• DraenorDraenor Member UncommonPosts: 7,918

I believe that the title "Self Declared Off-Topic King" would be quite fitting...or "Poster of Tool Lyrics" would work as well.

Proof that such a title is warrented:

Poster of Tool Lyrics:

http://mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/146355

Every Single thread in which I have posted Tool lyrics...I couldn't possibly find them all

Self Declared King:

http://mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/128468

http://mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/127706

http://mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/127570

Your argument is like a two legged dog with an eating disorder...weak and unbalanced.

• Bane82Bane82 Member UncommonPosts: 1,242

Originally posted by summitus
    Originally posted by ianubisi I don't much care for this idea.

I dont care for it much either, sort of segregates the the thousands of casual poster's , after all its the the casual poster's that keep sites like this going' image

I smell a WoW/Blizzard comparison coming lol!

• TaeraTaera Community ManagerMember CommonPosts: 1,078
    Originally posted by summitus

Originally posted by ianubisi

I don't much care for this idea.

I dont care for it much either, sort of segregates the the thousands of casual poster's , after all its the the casual poster's that keep sites like this going'

Titles are not based on volume of posts; titles are based on content.  A user could sign up and have one post that just happens to be massively useful, and get a title for it :)

Laura "Taera" Genender
    Community Manager
    MMORPG.com

• AguyAguy Member Posts: 561

This is a great, great idea!  My only question is why titles seem to only be given to guidemakers?  There are a few other things people could get titles for.

The program is still fairly new, and we totally have plans to expand and include other ways to earn titles.  In fact, if you have any ideas, I implore you to share with me! :) [email protected]

Laura "Taera" Genender
    Community Manager
    MMORPG.com

• ianubisiianubisi Member Posts: 4,201

Originally posted by Taera
    The program is still fairly new, and we totally have plans to expand and include other ways to earn titles. In fact, if you have any ideas, I implore you to share with me! :) [email protected]

I think you should do away with titles assigned by admins altogether. They smack of a "teacher's pet" stamp. Making a few people unique amongst thousands is a wonderful way to drive a wedge between a community.

• summitussummitus Member UncommonPosts: 1,414

Originally posted by ianubisi

The program is still fairly new, and we totally have plans to expand and include other ways to earn titles. In fact, if you have any ideas, I implore you to share with me! :) [email protected]

I think you should do away with titles assigned by admins altogether. They smack of a "teacher's pet" stamp. Making a few people unique amongst thousands is a wonderful way to drive a wedge between a community.

Yeah I have to totally agree with you mate,its blatant favoritism and certainly will make some people feel inferior or less important to mmorpg.com than others. And your right its meant to be a community  not a teachers pet backslapping club.

I must admit I'm finding myself drawn to other forums more and more this one is becoming very kiddie orientated .

• MunkiMunki Member CommonPosts: 2,128

Seems like a silly way to encourage people to write guides for these forums. But I can see why you'd do it. Guides are what pulls people in these days so if you can get some quality stuff written up it pulls in more.

How about some seniority titles while were at it though. For those of us who've been here since the debates about when WoW beta was going to start :P

But yea, Id assume the community managed of MMORPG has some plan for this. I think stickied posts are a pretty bad way to showcase guides for games. Gamefaqs is devoid of good guides for non-asian mmorpgs if your going to encourge guide writting make a seperate section for that, and have people submit then via a different method.

Then perhaps reward titles for people who consistantly contribute positivly to discussion and stuff like that.

after 6 or so years, I had to change it a little...

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870

Sheesh, they try to implement something a little different and all the naysayers pop out of the woodwork.  Whats the big deal?

Anyways, nice idea Taera, keep up the good work.

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

Originally posted by Flem

Sheesh, they try to implement something a little different and all the naysayers pop out of the woodwork.  Whats the big deal?
    Anyways, nice idea Taera, keep up the good work.
    Yeah, no shit. And people accuse me of being negative............

I think  some way of letting other community members vote or choose who gets titles would probably be the fairest way to do this if it is going to have any significant impact . After all it is a community at heart and allowing people to have a say in who gets recognition would be good.

I'm working on getting "veteran" titles :)

Laura "Taera" Genender
    Community Manager
    MMORPG.com

• QazeQaze Member Posts: 247

I think there should be intelligence titles.

Qaze - Atheist, Nihilist, Sadist.
    WinRAR.rar
    Mudkip Video

image Xfire= Qaze3000 - Add me if you're not a total retard.

• hamcheese2hamcheese2 Member Posts: 80

pretty cool idea, I look forward to having "Alien" as a rank :P

• ImpyrielImpyriel Member UncommonPosts: 711

Techno Viking

make it happen.

Originally posted by Impyriel

Techno Viking
    make it happen.

Oooh...I might just use that one!

Laura "Taera" Genender
    Community Manager
    MMORPG.com

• ImpyrielImpyriel Member UncommonPosts: 711

Originally posted by Impyriel

Techno Viking
    make it happen.

Oooh...I might just use that one!

It sounds cool right?

Have you seen this though? A classic.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_1nzEFMjkI4&feature=related

Title Worthy!

We've added a new way for you to let us know when you/another user deserves a title!  If you find a post you feel is worthy of a title, use the "report" tool to select "title worthy" and let us know!

I look forward to submissions and suggestions!

Laura "Taera" Genender
    Community Manager
    MMORPG.com

EDIT: Just disregard this post.

WinRAR.rar
    Mudkip Video

• heartzangel2heartzangel2 Member Posts: 5

I do not see anything from Aeria here.  they have a lot for really great games.  My hubby like PT and Shayia.  PT is like a community racing game.  Shayia is a mmorpg game.  My favorite is 12 sky tho.  u can was between the factions and hold guild wars if u like. u can find rare things to use or sale. there are lots of quests too but u can lvl w/o them if u cant do a certain one.  its really great. if anyone decides to join 12 sky i can contact me for noob questions. my IGN is kentspet and ill b happy to give u the nickel tour

If your favorite game(s) is/are missing from the list, feel free to send me title suggestions at [email protected] :)

Laura "Taera" Genender
    Community Manager
    MMORPG.com

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

You should totally change yours to "The Burninator" to match your icon...

Originally posted by heerobya

LOL :)

Laura "Taera" Genender
    Community Manager
    MMORPG.com

Originally posted by heerobya

LOL :)

Taera - Community Burninator

Image coming soon but having problems uploading atm

WinRAR.rar
    Mudkip Video