Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

XCOM-UFO MMORPG

bezadobezado Member UncommonPosts: 1,127

I just played xcom-ufo defense tonight for a few. Forgot I had it. I played the original series years ago and to me this would make one of the most creative MMO's ever if Hasbro and Mythos could ever get together and do it. I don't even know if Mythos still exists and I know Hasbro has the rights to this game series now.

Think it would be very fun to play aliens vs humans. If you picked the alien as your character you would be given every type to choose from. With aliens trying to evade our cities and what not it would be very cool to play it as a 3d game in a large MMO type atmosphere.

Who else thinks this would be a cool MMO? The possibilities are endless with this kind of game. I know at least the crafting part would be awesome. With people building parts for ships and weapons. Having the ability to create your own base for use as your guild.

This would make for a really fun PVP game indeed!!

Comments

• LaviathenLaviathen Member Posts: 54

This would make a great mmo.  But I think 3d should be only used on the bases.  I have thought about this many times.  So here is my basic idea of the game.

x-com side would have solidgers and base people.  Base people would  do various jobs like doctor, scientist, make stuff when orders come in, man the radar, fix things and be the head of the base- which would decide money issues and other little things.

aliens - not all aliens would be available right away.  More would be available as they are developed by alien scientist. 

If one side wins the game would start over.  I havent decided weather a person would keep their character when the game starts over or make everyone start new ones.  There would also be perma-death.  Countries would be able to sign pacts with the aliens.  What happens to your character when this happens is something i havent figured out yet.   The game would be skill based. 

• Bane82Bane82 Member UncommonPosts: 1,242

To me this just sounds like an FPS to be honest. I'm not impressed either. Sounds too much like TR and from what I've heard of TR, it doesn't seem to be doing well.

• ladyattisladyattis Member Posts: 1,273

Maybe not an MMO, but I would *really* love another addition to the series with a full 3d engine for the squad combat (and don't have that real-time crap they added in the later games either), along with intensive online play (latter rankings and etc). And *mods*, lots of *mods*. :3

• METALDRAG0NMETALDRAG0N Member Posts: 1,680

My favourate X-com game was and still is X-com Apocolypse. THis game was set on Earth in the distant future where the world [devastated by war] is now populated by just a few self contained Mega Cities [a bit like Judge Dredd]. The game is set in the last of these cities as the others have Mysteriously dissapeared.

And when interdimensional portals appear over the city it becomes obvious that alians are attacking the city. You controll X-com whos job it is to protect the city.

I loved how this game used infiltration in its mechanics it made for a trully challenging game.

"Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god."
    -- Jean Rostand

• bezadobezado Member UncommonPosts: 1,127

Originally posted by Laviathen

This would make a great mmo.  But I think 3d should be only used on the bases.  I have thought about this many times.  So here is my basic idea of the game.
    x-com side would have solidgers and base people.  Base people would  do various jobs like doctor, scientist, make stuff when orders come in, man the radar, fix things and be the head of the base- which would decide money issues and other little things.
    aliens - not all aliens would be available right away.  More would be available as they are developed by alien scientist. 
    If one side wins the game would start over.  I havent decided weather a person would keep their character when the game starts over or make everyone start new ones.  There would also be perma-death.  Countries would be able to sign pacts with the aliens.  What happens to your character when this happens is something i havent figured out yet.   The game would be skill based. 

Thanks I agree it would make a great MMO. But having limited use of the aliens to choose from the beginning won't help people much. You have to look at it as an MMO. Your first character usually is the one you fall in love with and I doubt people want to level up and get gear then just to restart over with an alien here that they wanted in the first place. So they would have to be all unlocked from the get go. In EQ2 the froglok wasn't open, and people demanded they put it in from the games launch. Just to unlock it was not that much fun and well like myself many think it would of been best to of had it from the very beginning.

I have more information coming on what I would like this MMO to have and how it will work. I am typing up on word how it will work etc.