Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cheap quality cases

daelnordaelnor Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

Oxymoron right? heh. I'm window shopping a bit for a good case supplier. What I need are simple, quality cases for cheap. They don't have to be aluminum, but they do need to be constructed well. I'm not worried about how many fans they have in them, etc, because I'll be modding them myself anyway.

If anyone has any links outside of the standard websites like newegg, zipzoomfly, xoxide etc. let me know. Thanks.

D.

Comments

• xxthecorexxxxthecorexx Member Posts: 1,078

what's considered cheap to you ?

SilverPCs has a few Lian Li cases for under a hundred bucks.

http://www.silverpcs.com/

personally... i'll never use any other case than a Lian Li. they're roomy, great to work in, simple to mod, and you can easily get replacement parts for them where as other cases it's near impossible.

• daelnordaelnor Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

Cheaper than Lian Li. As long as the layout of the inside of the case is decent, thats all I'm really looking for.

Plain front panels, not worried about side panels, because I'll be cutting them and putting windows, fans, etc. in them myself, depending on the job.

I just want a box with enough drive bays in it that won't fall apart basically.

Prefer a couple different colors though. I could paint some pieces, but I don't want to mess with any plastic and stuff.

I'm tempted to just mod cm 690's and put windows in em and stuff. They already got plenty of fans and ventilation.

I'll probably do some frag boxes too.

D.

edit: some nice cases on that site though, thanks!

• CleffyIICleffyII Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,440

But the LanLi normally vends like $200.

So you making multiple desktops huh.  Frag Box is a good fit, although small.

CoolerMaster and Rosewill are usually good construction for cheap.  There is also the Thermaltake Matrix.

• AnzieAnzie Member Posts: 468

Originally posted by Spathotan
    The simplest way to put this, is like this. Buying a used/refurbished 360 is on the same plane as sharing a condom in a gangbang with strangers.
  • daelnordaelnor Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

Originally posted by CleffyII
    But the LanLi normally vends like $200.
    So you making multiple desktops huh.  Frag Box is a good fit, although small.
    CoolerMaster and Rosewill are usually good construction for cheap.  There is also the Thermaltake Matrix.

Yeah, I'm doing a few for guys at work, mostly gifts for their kids, so they are gonna be all flashy with the cathode coolness and what not.

Probably going to keep building and selling if I can on ebay or something, make some extra money...plus it's just fun building.

I'd like to get a hold of some extremely plain cheap cases that I won't feel too bad about if I cut them up and mess up. I.E. cases I can practice on.

I almost had my hands on a pallet of old pc's from work...but apparently our techs cannabalize them to rig up simple Linux consoles to run some of our equipment.

D.