Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Egg

daelnordaelnor Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

Seriously. I like them, they gave me good service..but why does everyone here swing off their jock so much? Are you paid to name drop? I could understand one or two people..but not EVERYONE.

Like I said, I like New Egg, but I also like Zipzoomfly, and directron, and tigerdirect, depending on who has the deals when I'm buying stuff.

So..basically what I'm asking is...what's the deal?

D.

Comments

• CleffyIICleffyII Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,440

"they gave me good service"

• MyskMysk Member Posts: 982

Originally posted by daelnor

Seriously. I like them, they gave me good service..but why does everyone here swing off their jock so much? Are you paid to name drop? I could understand one or two people..but not EVERYONE.
    Like I said, I like New Egg, but I also like Zipzoomfly, and directron, and tigerdirect, depending on who has the deals when I'm buying stuff.
    D.
    I tried to order from ZipZoomFly, and two business days later my order was still in "processing".  They had not even charged me for it yet, let alone done anything about shipping.

My information was fully entered. They had the 800 number for my credit card.  The products were in stock.  They had everything.  I even paid extra for faster shipping.  Regardless, they sat on my order for so long that had they shipped the darn order when they should have I would have had it by the time that I canceled my order.

I loath tigerdirect.  They are a scummy merchant for many reasons and I invite you to Google them for more information.

Newegg may be slightly more expensive, but they have real customer service.  I can't laud this enough.  They've gone so far as to refund me some money when they need not do so due to an experience that I had with a refurbished product.  Furthermore, they took it upon themselves do to this after reading my product review.  I didn't even need to go knocking on their door to get it.

There's no conspiracy here.  Us customers are treated with respect and courtesy by Newegg, and in return we treat them with equal respect & courtesy.

• b0rderline99b0rderline99 Member Posts: 1,441

I <3 Newegg

quality company for sure

• SpathotanSpathotan Member Posts: 3,928

I order from Newegg because of the easy to use site layout and large product line. But Zipzoomfly has better shipping, through FedEx. Its cheaper, and every once in awhile they will have FREE overnight shipping.

"There's no star system Slave I can't reach, and there's no planet I can't find. There's nowhere in the Galaxy for you to run. Might as well give up now."
    — Boba Fett

• Agent_X7Agent_X7 Staff WriterMember, Newbie CommonPosts: 515

Newegg always has everything I want at a lower price than everywhere else.

Newegg has a major shipping center close to my house, so all those "3 day shipping" options are really free overnight shipping for me.

Agent_X7 AKA J Star
    [/URL]image
    Notice: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of MMORPG.com or its management.

• daelnordaelnor Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

You're in cali?

D.

• Agent_X7Agent_X7 Staff WriterMember, Newbie CommonPosts: 515

You're in cali?
    D.

New York.

Agent_X7 AKA J Star
    [/URL]image
    Notice: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of MMORPG.com or its management.

• saint4Godsaint4God Member Posts: 699

http://www.newegg.com/ is AWESOME!  I've been a pc builder for family and friend for about 10 years and I always buy from them.  Shipping is super fast, customer service is personal and helpful, they have parts I'm looking for, and the reviews are usually by those who know what they're talking about.

TigerDirect used to be pretty good years ago, but they started dropping the brands I like such as Albatron, Chaintech, and Shuttle.  Their selection slowly narrowed, wait time for customer service became long and not very helpful.

Zipzoomfly is okay.  Shipping was slow.

Buy from who you like, but for me it's Newegg for the win.

If that make me swinging from their britches, then it's a happy place to be.  If newegg wants to send me money for endorsing them, they're welcomed to do that too.

• daelnordaelnor Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

Thanks for the responses. I like this section better than the general section..I half expected a flame war to erupt, heh. I guess New Egg's reputation is just THAT good.

I had been wondering if that many people really liked them, or just quoted the site because they are echoing their friendly neighborhood gamer geek.

If nothing else, this thread should be somewhat helpful for people looking for honest opinions on who to buy from.

D.

• bezadobezado Member UncommonPosts: 1,127

D.

Because Newegg can get your order and fill it within 15minutes of receiving payment. Have you seen their state of the art expedited ordering services within the warehouses? It is all computer controlled and really fast. They also offer above average service compared to the others. Usually if you email them a question they got you a response within 30minutes, mostly within an hour.

I think Newegg offers enough of a deal to shop there forever. Just because you can get 1 product for 1-3 dollars cheaper at lets say zipzoom it doesn't mean you should. I buy from whoever is faster and more efficient, as well as great pricing, which is NEWEGG.

Also you can not beat NEWEGGS mini reviews on products others own and opinionate on. This feature makes buying a product you never tried before so much easier to making a decision.

• Hades_WarpigHades_Warpig Member Posts: 265

Newegg is my best friend!

• Dark-AsylumDark-Asylum Member Posts: 300

My Connect3d X1900XT crapped out on my over a year after their 30 day warranty expired, and when Connect3d filed for bankruptcy, Newegg agreed to send me an XFX 8800GTS 640 factory OC'd to 600/1900.

edit; for free that is