Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hardeware Questions

baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

A question for some of the hardcore gamers out there. what is a sick gaming rig for around the $2500 range?

i want a computer that has the best performance possible for my money and I'm also curious if i should get XP or vista as the OP.

i dont really want the memory hog that is vista but i want to be able to use directx 10. is it worth it for direct x 10? or should i just get xp for the better performance?

also i want to buy a nice widescreen LCD monitor in about the $1500 range. i kind of want the biggest screen i can get for my money.

always thought how awesome it would be to play PC games on a screen like that

anyways....this is the rig i have been looking at. http://www.digitalstormonline.com/comploadsaved.asp?id=102155

i haven't found a monitor i like in my price range yet, also want to make sure it has good support and whatnot.

thanks in advance for any suggestions or comments about anything is welcomed and greatly appreciated. =]

Comments

• EcranomicalEcranomical Member Posts: 326

You'll probably get a response in the Hardware Forum. With 2.5K you should get a very nice system.

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,178

You can build this SAME PC off of newegg and spend alot less, or you could build a better PC for the same price. That would be my suggestion. 

If you aren't comfortable with doing it yourself and would like to spend the money, this PC seems to be pretty decent.  I would also consider looking at alienware.  They are quite expensive but they are always top of the line and have excellent support.

• daelnordaelnor Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

Honestly, that computer is a ripoff.

There's really no reason to spend that much money for what they are offering. The overclocking service you could do yourself with about 20 minutes of research on the web and probably save a couple hundred dollars.

The rest of it is garbage pretty much. If you're going SLI and insist on spending top dollar, at least get the 780i chipset, or wait for the better version that I am sure will be soon to follow. Then you can put 3 video cards in instead of two.

Other than the liquid cooling and the dual cards, the rest of their set up is bogus.

For that price you should have at least a blu ray player. There is absolutely no need for the second POS optical drive they have in there, other than to justify charging you a lot more.

As far as monitors go, are you getting a gigantic monitor? Or an HDMI TV?

If you want that big I'd go with a decent HDMI TV in the higher end range. You'll get more value for your dollar. Really big quality lcd monitors are way over priced. They are made for people who want to waste money.

D.