Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Knock Knock people..

What is all this complaining about?  Am I missing something?  Oh my, a development team that actually takes it's beta players feedback and works to improve the game?  How is that a bad thing?  Some of you people are pretending like this game will be released in a few weeks.  It wouldn't be unreasonable to say that WAR should be released sometime in the 4-6 month range, assuming they don't push it back.  So what if they do?  At least everyone should be happy knowing that Mythic cares about what the players want, rather than having a closed minded approach to something because they want it to be original to their plan no matter what anyone else thinks.

Seriously, half of you don't even understand how the DAoC keep sieges worked.  You have no idea how fun they were.  No idea what it's like having your guild flag flying atop a keep, and your entire guild there to defend it against waves and waves of enemies.  Mythic will give this game meaning, and that alone will be enough.

Why do I keep seeing people claim that they have just now started to implement these things?  Keeps and sieges were in the plans originally and exist in the tier 4 persistent battle.  Most of the issues involved the open realm battles.  They are adding forts and keeps and such now, simply because they want to test those aspects of the game and polish them before the game hits the shelves.  Wouldn't you rather know that it has been tested and polished before launch than to have a game that is full of bugs because they pushed it out prematurely?

I swear, it's like talking to a bunch of 8th graders that have only ever played WoW in their entire life.

Just because it's being tested doesn't mean that it hasn't been thought of.  Do you honestly think that Mythic forgot about the biggest and most exciting RvR aspect that they've created?  Don't be so ignorant.

Keep in mind, this isn't directed to everyone here, it's just to those people who can only complain about things and in the end, are wrong about the facts in the first place.

Comments

• BlindShooterBlindShooter Member Posts: 77

Who is there?

www.MONGBAT.com
    Warhammer Guild

• SanjoslayerSanjoslayer Member Posts: 55

Well said, and all very good points. And I agree with you. Just remember that most of the online community are either really 8th graders who only play WoW, or people who mentally never passed that flag mark.

It goes without saying for the 10000th time but, the population of the internet is stupid and a large portion of them seem to like ruining, oh sorry, "playing" mmo's. Good intentions and advice are lost on these people, so a piece of friendly advice: Don't bother. You seem to be one of the good peeps, don't waste your time on the others since no matter how much you want to help them, it was too late from the second they were born.

On the fact of warhammer, what you described is a cycle that's been going on  for a while now. Warhammer is in beta. Beta is designed to test the game in a situation similar to actual release. (No trained bug finders, just regular players to see how they react, what they do, what they don't like, what they do like.) It's purpose? Bug finding and constructive feedback. What the players think? "Oh good, if I can get into beta I can play warhammer a year early!"

Thats what they think. And then they get surprised when stuff is broken and nothing is implemented or basic game content is being added now instead of already being in, then they go around and whine to all their friends and smear a name before it even got a real chance to disprove or prove itself. Thats partially why the NDA is often implemented, but that rarely helps

Nothing surprising here. Let them whine. At least a few of them hopefully will offer constructive feedback..

• natevoninatevoni Member Posts: 102

Originally posted by DAS1337

What is all this complaining about?  Am I missing something?  Oh my, a development team that actually takes it's beta players feedback and works to improve the game?  How is that a bad thing?  Some of you people are pretending like this game will be released in a few weeks.  It wouldn't be unreasonable to say that WAR should be released sometime in the 4-6 month range, assuming they don't push it back.  So what if they do?  At least everyone should be happy knowing that Mythic cares about what the players want, rather than having a closed minded approach to something because they want it to be original to their plan no matter what anyone else thinks.
    Seriously, half of you don't even understand how the DAoC keep sieges worked.  You have no idea how fun they were.  No idea what it's like having your guild flag flying atop a keep, and your entire guild there to defend it against waves and waves of enemies.  Mythic will give this game meaning, and that alone will be enough.
    Why do I keep seeing people claim that they have just now started to implement these things?  Keeps and sieges were in the plans originally and exist in the tier 4 persistent battle.  Most of the issues involved the open realm battles.  They are adding forts and keeps and such now, simply because they want to test those aspects of the game and polish them before the game hits the shelves.  Wouldn't you rather know that it has been tested and polished before launch than to have a game that is full of bugs because they pushed it out prematurely?
    I swear, it's like talking to a bunch of 8th graders that have only ever played WoW in their entire life.
    Just because it's being tested doesn't mean that it hasn't been thought of.  Do you honestly think that Mythic forgot about the biggest and most exciting RvR aspect that they've created?  Don't be so ignorant.

Keep in mind, this isn't directed to everyone here, it's just to those people who can only complain about things and in the end, are wrong about the facts in the first place.

QFT!

Although I'm a bit bummed that they will probably be pushing back the release date again, I'm glad that they are taking the time, money, and effort to make WAR what they invinsion it to be.  If you watch Pauls Video Blog you can see that the Mythic team has been receiving ALOT of money from EA for new equipment.  hopefully this meens a higher quality product with an awsome release (even if it's later than most of us want it be).

Check out Pauls Video Blog to see some of the new equipment they have been receiving:

http://www.warhammeronline.com/english/behindTheScenes/vidPhoneDiaries/2007november.php

• butters88butters88 Member Posts: 379

I agree. I would make a statement on this but I just did over at the other thread talking about this same issue. It's true though, alot of people seem to be very ignorant when it comes to hearing new ideas that they know nothing about yet.

Btw, sadly you probably are talking to a bunch of 8th graders who's first MMO was WoW.

• AseenusAseenus Member UncommonPosts: 1,844
    Originally posted by BlindShooter

Who is there?

i am :)

• BlindShooterBlindShooter Member Posts: 77

Nooo, it is a knock knock joke! :P

See, look at the title!

@ Das: Don't take me wrong when you read it, I did the joke for two reasons

1- Title

2- There really is not much point in trying to convince people to stop whining about the tiniest things and whatnot. They have free time on their hands, they want to waste it and they just learned how to browse teh amazing interwebs!! yays!

As much as I agree with you, the sad truth is that the people complaining are much like ISP support recordings: They don't really care about you, they don't really listen to you and they are annoying, specially when they put up some damn song.

www.MONGBAT.com
    Warhammer Guild

• ProserpineProserpine Member UncommonPosts: 87

Are you angry at the people who are angry the release date got pushed back?

I for one don't care when they release warhammer, but I don't think its wrong of people to keep the devs on their toes.  I am confused by the people who -no matter how many times the release date gets pushed back- will always cheer and say "good, they can only make it better".  It seems like 10 years can go by and they will still say "good, they must REALLY be listening to the beta testers".

Plus, there are alot of people who are on the fence between WAR and AOC and may just stick with whichever comes out first.  So I was kindof rooting for WAR to be out in time, because the more the merrier right?

------------------------------
    "Everything is awesome. Fundamentally."

• OrthedosOrthedos Member Posts: 1,771

Originally posted by Proserpine

I for one don't care when they release warhammer, but I don't think its wrong of people to keep the devs on their toes.  I am confused by the people who -no matter how many times the release date gets pushed back- will always cheer and say "good, they can only make it better".  It seems like 10 years can go by and they will still say "good, they must REALLY be listening to the beta testers".
    Plus, there are alot of people who are on the fence between WAR and AOC and may just stick with whichever comes out first.  So I was kindof rooting for WAR to be out in time, because the more the merrier right?
    First to come out does not mean retention of player base.

VG came out before Lotro, the rest you know.  Given the intensity of competition, launch is about the only shot a game has, or it will be years of effort to rebuild the reputation (EQ2).

Originally posted by Orthedos

First to come out does not mean retention of player base.

VG came out before Lotro, the rest you know.  Given the intensity of competition, launch is about the only shot a game has, or it will be years of effort to rebuild the reputation (EQ2).

Well, heres hoping VG was an extreme, isolated incident.  I unfortunatly wasted some moneys on that disaster and I have faith that it will not be repeated anytime soon.  But I would wonder...if Lotro came out before WoW, would Lotr have the 8million (or whatever it is now) and WoW have the few hundered thousand (or whatever Lotr has, I dont really care, I hates that game..)

Of course, Lotr needed WoW to get the idea of an oversimplified mmo, but you get the idea.

• CzzarreCzzarre Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,742

I agree with your points. However, waiting for WER is almost like waiting to open our Xmas present. We just cannot wait.

HOwever, I agree, I would much rather wait for something thats good, then get a pile of crap early

Torrential

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610

No, I don't mind if it gets pushed back either.  I just get annoyed by ignorant people.  I mean, obviously keeps and such were already planned for the game from the get go.  For people to say that they weren't is just down right retarded.  Then to go and say that if it's just now being implemented, then it must have never been in the plans.  I wont even continue.. if there is one thing I've learned.. Do not underestimate the power of stupid.

I liked the joke.  Also, when saying that pushing back a game doesn't mean it will get released or that it will be good.. also realize who is behind the game.  Not only is it an already successful development team in Mythic, but EA might be the biggest gaming company in gaming history.  There is nearly an unlimited amount of money available.. and I highly doubt EA will let it's first MMO go up in flames.  It will be released and it will be good.

• ProfRedProfRed Member UncommonPosts: 3,494

Nice post ^^

I'm excited about it, but I want them to delay it over and over again if that is what it takes to make it a great polished and playable game at launch.  You have to understand that when everyone says WoW ruined the MMO genre what it has really done is created a bunch of eWhiners. 

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Not only is it an already successful development team in Mythic, but EA might be the biggest gaming company in gaming history.  There is nearly an unlimited amount of money available.. and I highly doubt EA will let it's first MMO go up in flames.  It will be released and it will be good.

Ahem, may I direct your attention to this link:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sims_Online

or perhaps this one:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth_&_Beyond

I believe you'll find two MMO's already released by EA that most people will agree, "went up in flames".  Trusting in EA's track record is naive in this regard.

And while I'm a big fan of DAOC and Mythic, few will argue that they are not directly responsible for destroying their own game by failing to stick to their vision of a good RVR game and releasing the TOA expansion. (and to a lessor extent, the New Frontiers). We are all hoping they've learned from their past mistakes.

I normally don't waste time correcting people, but your posts have been so full of arrogance, hubris and distain for "ignorant" people that I felt it necessary to point out there's a bit of ignorance in all of us.

The way game companies release information in dribs and drabs is part of the reason why there are mis-understandings about unreleased games.

I am somewhat suspicious about Mythic's claims that keep warfare has always been part of the plan.  If so, adding it for the very first time in Nov 2007 is very late in the process, especially for a game supposedly releasing in the 2nd Quarter of 2008.  At the very least they've been dishonest about their development schedule and are further behind than they'd have us believe.

That said, I'm still patiently waiting for WAR to be released, and I certainly do not want it released before its time.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• StellosStellos Member UncommonPosts: 1,491

I agree.  You just have to look at VSoH for an example of a game that rushed into release. 

• necrotoxin7necrotoxin7 Member Posts: 55

If you want to talk seriously about warhammer with out all the false info go to:

http://www.warhammeralliance.com/

• PheacePheace Member Posts: 2,408

Originally posted by necrotoxin7

If you want to talk seriously about warhammer with out all the false info go to:

http://www.warhammeralliance.com/

Lol, that's funny considering half the people discussing there have been banned from what I hear ^^

I think you mean with half the point of view :)

• xzevexzeve Member Posts: 182

im pretty sure that keeps etc have been planed long time ago. As it is now, u need alot of cool features to pwn WOW, and it would be stupid not to add features from a popular mmo like DaOC.  As someone wrote, its pretty late in the process for adding keeps etc, but why implement it early, when u know how it works ? and ofc it makes alot of sence to add other, new feaures befor that.

and as a last note: yes, its annoying that the realease date was pushed, but tbh, wouldnt u wait 2-3 months longer, and then be sure that the game is alot better than if it was released to early, and they had to make tons of pathces to add some cool stuff? =)

• local93bclocal93bc Member Posts: 353

From what i remeber they dint even have a crafting systeme yet.

I think there spending alot more time trying to figuer that one out more then Keep's.

I hope its somthing similar to SWG. (in my dreams)

Theres alot of races,  and every class is race specific..

lets say this game comes out in 7 months.

With all the things That need to still be implenmented i bet they would have to work 24/7 with 4 diffrent teams to get all the features Right, balenced , and polished.

You want this game to rock Wow im almost 100% sure it will need to be pushed Back to The last Q of 2008 .

Marry xmas everyone.

Originally posted by local93bc

You want this game to rock Wow im almost 100% sure it will need to be pushed Back to The last Q of 2008 .

Marry xmas everyone.

If they push it back far enough, WoW will just fade off from natural causes. Maybe that is their plan: Warhammer Online...coming in 2010

• butters88butters88 Member Posts: 379

Originally posted by local93bc

From what i remeber they dint even have a crafting systeme yet.
    I think there spending alot more time trying to figuer that one out more then Keep's.

I hope its somthing similar to SWG. (in my dreams)

Theres alot of races,  and every class is race specific..

lets say this game comes out in 7 months.
    With all the things That need to still be implenmented i bet they would have to work 24/7 with 4 diffrent teams to get all the features Right, balenced , and polished.

Marry xmas everyone.

Not sure what you speak of when you say 'with all the things that still need to be implmented.' Most of the features are already in with the exception of maybe a few. And remember, just because they haven't made there way into the game yet does not mean they have not been worked on already. If the devs were stil starting from scratch on some things then I'd be a bit worried but I highly doubt this is the case. The only really major thing that is left to do is probably polishing, which is done more towards the end and then finished off in patches soon after release. Can't expect a newly realeased game to be 100% bug-free...

• local93bclocal93bc Member Posts: 353

I dont think so mate.(my opinion)

One thing iv learnt is, dont get your hopes up. (I hope your right)

I hate to piss on your parade but All the classes arnt even done. (in my opinion)

They probly just started on crafting.(im Gessing)

Everyones always so optismistic in life, and you know what.  Things dont always turn out so great.

They need alot of time, and if not done right from start it can get messy.

Remeber if it sucks there still going to try and get as much of your $.

being pessimist is not always a bad thing . Especially when your money is at stake.

• brostynbrostyn Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,092
    Originally posted by Sanjoslayer

Just remember that most of the online community are either really 8th graders who only play WoW, or people who mentally never passed that flag mark.

Aren't you a part of the online community? Don't be so hard on yourself.

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610

Originally posted by brostyn

Originally posted by Sanjoslayer

Just remember that most of the online community are either really 8th graders who only play WoW, or people who mentally never passed that flag mark.

Aren't you a part of the online community? Don't be so hard on yourself.

I believe the key word used is "most".  It was a brilliant attempt to bash someone for no apparent reason... well, other than their words hitting a little too close to home, hmm?

Anyways.  To the previous poster.  Guesswork and your opinion(thank goodness) isn't the end all, be all of things.  Mythic is a successful development team and EA has oodles of money to provide.  Things may not be polished.  Some things may be added that weren't originally in the plans.  However, if I were a betting man, I would put all of my money on this game being a major threat to WoW when it is released. 

It's better to go off the facts anyways.