Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game will be nothing

lets face it, it's just not up to par, look at a game before you release it...

/gg

-----------------------------
IVE PLAYED WOW AND LIKED IT SO IM A FANBOI PLZ FLAME MY THREADS CUZ I MIGHT MENTION WOW

Comments

• zanfirezanfire Member UncommonPosts: 969

only reason i would give a hoot about this is that it will be a free MMo thats gunna be on PS3, other then that its another waste of time.

• Lord_FiqLord_Fiq Member UncommonPosts: 36

It that how you people rate games these days? Graphics, sounds and the oh-so-leet FX? What abt those with slower machines and people who enjoy content over eye-candy? Gosh ...

Btw I love the cute hand-drawn art in this game. Lookin forward to play it!

• oemdhoinwo1oemdhoinwo1 Member Posts: 3

m...but it looks so cute

• iMMORPGiMMORPG Member Posts: 54

Ehh, graphics don't really matter to me, I just want it to be a good, fun game.

Played: WoW, EVE, EQ, DDO, LoTRO, RoM, FFXI, Guild Wars, WAR, RuneScape, 2029 Online.
    Currently Playing: RoM.
    Waiting for: A Hardcore MMO =/

• ClyptsoClyptso Member Posts: 147

I rate game by story,quests, gameplay(combat,classes etc),the world itself  and of course I want decent graphics to go with it. The graphics doesn't have be super awesome but good enough to help add to the other things I listed. It just isn't grphics that helps make a game but grsphics are just important  as alot of the other stuff people like to most people.

• ProtestProtest Member UncommonPosts: 159

Originally posted by iMMORPG

Didn't you get the memo. Saying graphics don't matter no longer makes you look cool. See, we all got together and realized that decent graphics have a huge impact on gameplay, which in turn effects the fun factor. Nowadays there are only three types of people who say graphics don't matter:

1. Those with really crummy computers
    2. Those who think making such a silly statement makes them seem cool and/or intelligent.
    3. Those who are really too dopey to understand what a major role graphics play in this generation of video games.

Of course, I'm not accusing you of being any of the above. I'll just assume you didn't get the memo.

“We shall not cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started... and know the place for the first time.”
    -T.S. Eliot

• lilsililsi Member Posts: 6

Originally posted by Protest

Didn't you get the memo. Saying graphics don't matter no longer makes you look cool. See, we all got together and realized that decent graphics have a huge impact on gameplay, which in turn effects the fun factor. Nowadays there are only three types of people who say graphics don't matter:

2. Those who think making such a silly statement makes them seem cool and/or intelligent.
    3. Those who are really too dopey to understand what a major role graphics play in this generation of video games.

Of course, I'm not accusing you of being any of the above. I'll just assume you didn't get the memo.

I don't care about graphics neither. I have played a lot of games, and from my experience, all F2P games with amazing graphics have horrible gameplay.. It's a balancing beam, and works with every single game out there.. What very successful game with amazing graphics and gameplay do you know? I know I can't count them all on one hand.. you probably can't neither.. lets face it.. the worse the grpahic the better the gameplay.

Ragnarok, Maple Story, Runescape.. all VERY VERY VERY successful games, and their graphics suck really..

Angels brings the excitement in like RO did, and as you level  you don't even notice grind at all.. so many quests, community is great once you get in a league.. the game is fantastic. I am loving this game.. probably better then RO.. way more features. This game deserves to be on the PS3.

Graphics fail to compare vs gameplay.. it's how it is.. you can't get both, so chose one.

• mehhemmehhem Member Posts: 653
    Originally posted by Clyptso

I rate game by story,quests, gameplay(combat,classes etc),the world itself  and of course I want decent graphics to go with it. The graphics doesn't have be super awesome but good enough to help add to the other things I listed. It just isn't grphics that helps make a game but grsphics are just important  as alot of the other stuff people like to most people.

I have to agree and I think everyone playing WoW agrees as well.  WoW has a nice art direction, but its graphics are juts mediocre.  Granted, I won't play this game, but I too look for quests, story, and gameplay, to make or break a game for me.

• mehhemmehhem Member Posts: 653
    Originally posted by lilsi

I don't care about graphics neither. I have played a lot of games, and from my experience, all F2P games with amazing graphics have horrible gameplay.. It's a balancing beam, and works with every single game out there.. What very successful game with amazing graphics and gameplay do you know? I know I can't count them all on one hand.. you probably can't neither.. lets face it.. the worse the grpahic the better the gameplay.

Ragnarok, Maple Story, Runescape.. all VERY VERY VERY successful games, and their graphics suck really..

Angels brings the excitement in like RO did, and as you level  you don't even notice grind at all.. so many quests, community is great once you get in a league.. the game is fantastic. I am loving this game.. probably better then RO.. way more features. This game deserves to be on the PS3.

Graphics fail to compare vs gameplay.. it's how it is.. you can't get both, so chose one.

Not to hijack the thread, but this just reminds me of Crysis.  I have Crysis and I haven't been able to play it yet because the sound keeps popping and clicking while I do play. (I'm waiting for a patch.)  If you check out the EA forums people are saying it should be called CRISIS instead of Crysis.  Anyways, just thought I'd help prove your point.

• chriswsmchriswsm Member UncommonPosts: 383

If it is gonna be out on the PS3 I might have a look at it then for the novelty value.  Hopefully PSN will enable the PS3 to download the client faster than the PC version which takes so long I gave up. 

I used to visit this site a lot however in recent years it has become the home of negative forum posts, illogical opinions and tantrums so I visit less often.

Played or Beta'd: UO / DAOC / Horizons / EQ2 / DDO / EVE / Archlord / PirateKingsOnline / Tabula Rasa / LOTRO / AOC / Champions / Darkfall / Mortal Online / DCUO / Rift / STO / SWTOR / TSW

• RonaruudoRonaruudo Member Posts: 102

Why am I not surprised that such a horrible game will also be playable on a PS3?

• ughhughh Member Posts: 8

If the PS3 is picking up this game, its just one more reason to stay with my 360.  This game blows harder than a texas tornado.

• peijiepeijie Member Posts: 6

I have a level 24 character in the game, I am a protector

• KorbyKorby Member Posts: 499

Originally posted by lilsi

Maplestory's graphics are amazing, and the game sucks.

Runescape sucks and so does the graphics.

I really couldn't disagree with you more. The community is horrible and 99% Latino. I'm not being racist or anything but I assume you are latin american. They're the only ones that enjoy this game.

• WingForceWingForce Member Posts: 8

I agree with all those that said gameplay matters xD

Usually games with good graphics don't last much... My computer can take a game with good graphics, just I can't find one that's good enough, and will last long, usually games that are 2d or things like that do, cause the creators pay attention more to the gameplay, since graphics are so easy to make, and 2d makes the game smaller, by alot. I am just looking for a simple, good 2d game, such as this one.

I would have gone with RO, but it is pay to play, I just want something free, not going to waste my money on a 2d game. I have played a real weird game for playstation 2 called Disgaea 2. The characters are 2d, but the map is 3d. It's super long, but it get's very hard, and the battles are super long, so if you lose repetedly, it'll get boring quickly. It's a good way to waste your time, now back to talking about AO.

I'm still downloading, to see how the game is, it sure looks fun, many people are giving negative comments about the game, not showing anything good in it, sure, many people want good graphics, but usually, good graphics doesn't have good gameplay, or quests.  Also, people make games as small as they can, but try to make the best out of it. This game is 800mb, for a 2d game, I find that quite alot, but the bigger the better.  Gameplay must be very good in this game, I don't mind bugs in games, they're usually harmless. So it's nothing to complain about, it would be great if there were some people showing the positive views of this game, there must be one atleast. Lol.

• MatticulousMatticulous Member Posts: 52

Honestly if they could make A free game Just like Ragnarok Online simalar world and system I would be all over it.

But I've found that usually graphics and gameplay quality go hand in hand these days.

• friidrickfriidrick Member Posts: 33

Yea... i don't care about the graphics... but i will never ever play this game xD

Playing: WoW, Eve online, guild wars

Played: Everquest, runescape, archlord,lineage, lotro

Waiting for: Aion