Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aion: New Trailer

MeddleMeddle Administrator UncommonPosts: 758

The folks over at NCsoft have released this new trailer for Aion.  Check it out. 

Video Interview

Trailer

NCsoft has released this video trailer for Aion.

Watch more here.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

Comments

• KordeshKordesh Member Posts: 1,715

Absolutely awesome video, but this is about two weeks old. There's also been an ungodly number of screenshots released as well. At least you're keeping the news up to date within the same month...

Bans a perma, but so are sigs in necro posts.

EAT ME MMORPG.com!

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

Aion I have my eye on.   It just looks good I just hope the game play is there.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003

All I can say is "goodbye Lineage II"

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • RockyboubaRockybouba Member Posts: 20

Holy goodness, looks too good, well they said they would make the best MMORPG and that video explain all!

• AlienovrlordAlienovrlord Member Posts: 1,525

Very pretty.

Now show us some actual gameplay footage with the UI.   Or even better, hold a press release and let some reviewers play the game. 

You'd think after God and Heroes the community wouldn't get so wide-eyed over Developer-produced game movies.   I'm not saying Aion won't come out, in fact I would trust NCSoft more than most companies to release a stable MMORPG, but honestly people, when will we learn that cool-looking movies released by developers mean NOTHING.  

Show reviewers how the game plays, let people try it out at conferences.  One grainy, handheld video of someone playing the game at a convention booth are worth 1,000,000 scripted Marketing-produced movies.

But it was a very pretty movie.

Originally posted by Alienovrlord

Very pretty.
    Now show us some actual gameplay footage with the UI.   Or even better, hold a press release and let some reviewers play the game. 
    You'd think after God and Heroes the community wouldn't get so wide-eyed over Developer-produced game movies.   I'm not saying Aion won't come out, in fact I would trust NCSoft more than most companies to release a stable MMORPG, but honestly people, when will we learn that cool-looking movies released by developers mean NOTHING.  
    Show reviewers how the game plays, let people try it out at conferences.  One grainy, handheld video of someone playing the game at a convention booth are worth 1,000,000 scripted Marketing-produced movies.

Clearly you haven't been looking at the correct news source for this (http://www.aionsource.com). This movie, which is in game footage minus the UI,  was shown at Gstar, a Korean gaming convention. At said convention, there were 30 computers setup, 15 for each side, and people were invited to PvP until their time limit was up and the next batch could go. So people have played the game. There are also quite a few gameplay videos and new screenshots/game details that have gone up, unfortunately, MMORPG has covered essentially none of them. Since only Korea is doing the beta testing for the game, most of the information coming out is on korean websites and forums.

Don't get me wrong, you're taking the right stance, people shouldn't base their decision about the game over some flashy video. However, there is more information out there than you seem to be aware of, and the game is far from vapor which you seem to believe.

PS: The game won "Game of Show" at Gstar apparently.

EAT ME MMORPG.com!

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    Originally posted by Alienovrlord

Very pretty.

go to youtube.com or gametrailers.com and type in Aion, plenty of gameplay video's...with UI :)

• daemondaemon Member UncommonPosts: 680

Awesome video and from what we know NcSoft put alot of money in this. People are expecting very big things from Aion and its shaping up pretty fast and nice so far.

There isnt too much hype about this game, lots of people dont know much about it but personally I think it will be the next big MMO.

Looking at the future 2008 releases, Chronicle of Spellborn, Aion and maybe PotBS should fight for the top spots. Lots expect WAR or AoC to be the next big thing but I dont see that happening.

Anyway AION we waiting for ya!

Originally posted by daemon

Awesome video and from what we know NcSoft put alot of money in this. People are expecting very big things from Aion and its shaping up pretty fast and nice so far.
    There isnt too much hype about this game, lots of people dont know much about it but personally I think it will be the next big MMO.
    Looking at the future 2008 releases, Chronicle of Spellborn, Aion and maybe PotBS should fight for the top spots. Lots expect WAR or AoC to be the next big thing but I dont see that happening.
    Anyway AION we waiting for ya!

Actually, I would say it has just enough hype. It's not washed into obscurity but not so hyped that you have 15million people screaming "OMG WOW KILLER!". Personally, I hope it stays this way. MMO communties tend to turn into complete garbage when a game gets over hyped, because then you have the large mass of people over here who complain about everything because it couldn't meet the expectations of bringing salvation from the promised land, and then you have the massive throngs over there of 14yr old nooblets who run around screaming kekekek, bot, and other wise make the game miserable. Yeah, I'm good with it right where it is right now.

EAT ME MMORPG.com!

• Sovren1Sovren1 Member Posts: 312

Originally posted by Kordesh

Originally posted by Alienovrlord Very pretty.
    Now show us some actual gameplay footage with the UI. Or even better, hold a press release and let some reviewers play the game.
    You'd think after God and Heroes the community wouldn't get so wide-eyed over Developer-produced game movies. I'm not saying Aion won't come out, in fact I would trust NCSoft more than most companies to release a stable MMORPG, but honestly people, when will we learn that cool-looking movies released by developers mean NOTHING.
    Show reviewers how the game plays, let people try it out at conferences. One grainy, handheld video of someone playing the game at a convention booth are worth 1,000,000 scripted Marketing-produced movies.
    But it was a very pretty movie.

Clearly you haven't been looking at the correct news source for this (http://www.aionsource.com). This movie, which is in game footage minus the UI, was shown at Gstar, a Korean gaming convention. At said convention, there were 30 computers setup, 15 for each side, and people were invited to PvP until their time limit was up and the next batch could go. So people have played the game. There are also quite a few gameplay videos and new screenshots/game details that have gone up, unfortunately, MMORPG has covered essentially none of them. Since only Korea is doing the beta testing for the game, most of the information coming out is on korean websites and forums.

Don't get me wrong, you're taking the right stance, people shouldn't base their decision about the game over some flashy video. However, there is more information out there than you seem to be aware of, and the game is far from vapor which you seem to believe.

PS: The game won "Game of Show" at Gstar apparently.

I agree with both bullets.

• FlummoxedFlummoxed Member Posts: 591

zow, damn frakkin impressive! 

Wonder if the person who made this also did those great videos for Tabula Rasa. 

Whoever it is they sure know how to make and edit an Action video.

• El_LionEl_Lion Member UncommonPosts: 154

The trailer is will-made and very attractive. Very promising game.

Eaglix