Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DW, Good game, Poor community

Dark-Wind, a turn-based car combat and racing game is a solid game that is constantly being updated and improved. At first you may be turned off by turn based racing but stick it out it is actually quite enjoyable. There are three flavors of events so far in this game, Racing, "death"-Racing and Combat. Racing is of course the classic lap based event, but death racing adds weapons to the  formula, and combat is an arena based event to see who can cause the most "car"-nage

But, all is not well in the world of Dark-Wind. As it stands the community is small, but very arrogant. For example one of these "Mods" (known as Marshals in Dark-Wind)  claims that he is a Marshall beacuse he learned everything about the game faster and on his own. (forget about helping new players?)

Also...... Lets consider a recent reply to a newbs innocent suggestion.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Consider the cost Sam and Vikking paid to bring this game to you.......

For a Server.....$10,000 US (two years ago)

Countless hours spent alone writing the code, innumerable!

Finding the 'right' person willing to spend the same amount of time on the graphics, Internet Magazine, and just putting the tracks together?  (Vikking)

Two!

Two people have brought this game to you using an uncountable period of time taken from their lives just so you can sit there and gripe about how they dont make you invulnerable to NPC attack (me included) and "why can't I make money!"

Read ALL the info Sam has provided and most of the answers will come to you in a flash of enlightenment! The other questions you may have may be answered by the DarkWind Marshals. If they dont have the answer then there is a reason for it........We need to find out for ourselves!

The only "walk-through" for DarkWind is in the developers minds!....

Just my 2 cents. "

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, now that we have had that "Marshal" the person who should be helping newbies scaring them off by blowing up like a bomb at a small innocent suggestion. Lets move on....

Then we have the issue of these "Marshals" abusing their power. I saw a mod threaten to mute a player "to make the game more challenging" and another mod tell a player to "hush" as he was attempting to explain to his friend how to play.

I have seen mods call infinite timeouts to make games unplayable.

So that's why am asking you the new player to join me in the world of Dark-Wind beacuse I don't know how much longer I can play with this elitist community.

Comments

• wrestle691wrestle691 Member Posts: 18
    Oh.... and you'll be damned if you try and ask anything beyond "how do I drive" or "how do I shoot" beacuse these so called Marshals are players of the game and will not share any secrets.

An individual best achieves optimal stupidity on those rare occasions when one is both given substantial powers and insulated from the results of his or her actions. -Jaron Lanier "Digital Maoism"
  • dark-winddark-wind Member Posts: 5
    Wrestle- to be fair, the Marshal you have had the problem with is just one guy, and we're dealing with it.

The other guy who called infinite timeouts (and he only did it once AFAIK) was trying to stop two blatant griefers from spilling over into other races and spoiling the fun for other people.
  • surfing.stefsurfing.stef Member Posts: 30
    Originally posted by wrestle691

Oh.... and you'll be damned if you try and ask anything beyond "how do I drive" or "how do I shoot" beacuse these so called Marshals are players of the game and will not share any secrets.

Wrestle, I have to disagree here with you on the "how do I?", side of your post.

Of course, the best solution would be to read the documentation before playing, don't you think?

Marshals are all volunteers and are NOT gaining anything from their role.

There are certainly more negative points than positive in such a role and I think Darkwind Marshals should deserve a minimum of respect.

On the "secrets" part of your post; the game has been planned with learning from experience in mind.

This is real experience, not just a bunch of Experience Points that are thrown to you, to represent some kind of virtual achievement.

What you learn in Darkwind is invaluable, it is real in game experience.

I'm learning this game every days.

You certainly had a negative experience, and we are sorry about that; but are you so sure your attitude was considered so positive for every other players?

I'll miss your "specific attitude" anyway, it added some life to the game.

Cheers.

viKKing

--------------------------------
    Contributor,
    Darkwind: War on Wheels

Psychic Software cannot be liable for my posts.
    Concerns expressed are only mine.

• SkullmuffinSkullmuffin Member Posts: 10
    Originally posted by surfing.stef

Originally posted by wrestle691

Wrestle, I have to disagree here with you on the "how do I?", side of your post.

Of course, the best solution would be to read the documentation before playing, don't you think?

Marshals are all volunteers and are NOT gaining anything from their role.

There are certainly more negative points than positive in such a role and I think Darkwind Marshals should deserve a minimum of respect.

On the "secrets" part of your post; the game has been planned with learning from experience in mind.

This is real experience, not just a bunch of Experience Points that are thrown to you, to represent some kind of virtual achievement.

You certainly had a negative experience, and we are sorry about that; but are you so sure your attitude was considered so positive for every other players?

I'll miss your "specific attitude" anyway, it added some life to the game.

Cheers.

viKKing

Marshalls took the job so they could stop people from being idiots and messing with others ruining there experience and to HELP new players also if they abuse there powers THEY should be banned

Your Death Will Be A Long And Painful One!

• wo_shizhutouwo_shizhutou Member Posts: 1

Good game, Poor community ,

• MmorpgeriusMmorpgerius Member UncommonPosts: 56

I've been playing for couple of weeks now, and had no problems with the community/mods/marshalls.

Great game! Unique setting and idea in today's "genericburgergameworld".

Player-base could be bigger though, but I think that's a problem for marketing/advertising. I myself stumbled upon DW by accident almost.

Deserves more players and noticing in the press, etc.

• iloheow4iloheow4 Member Posts: 1

• ArganoshArganosh Member Posts: 2

I have no idea why he is complaining about the community. In the week or so I have been playing I have had none give me the shut up noob you get from other games.  Any time I ask a question I have almost always gotten an immediate answer. Most folks have been very very helpful in explaining certain things.