Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

F2P???

o_omgo_omg Member Posts: 1

I really would like to play this game but is it free to play and/or where can i download it??? Or do i have to buy the game and pay a monthly fee???

asking for information: o_omg

Comments

• crimsonmoricrimsonmori Member Posts: 7
    Its in development and the deveopers have said that there will be a fee when its released but that the lower it costs a month when you sign up it stays like that forever for you unless the price goes lower then what you started at then you price is down there two. (ex.1) you start early when the game is cheep lets say $5 and a couple months later its at $15 you still will be paying $5. (ex.2) you start when the game is at $15 and i changes to $10 you would now be only paying $10
  • Hamilton-NEOHamilton-NEO Member Posts: 75
    Crimsonmori speaks the truth. 

Am not too much of a fan for free play due to the abusive nature that multiple free accounts offer.

Now if there is a manner in which there can be a method to allow one free account per person, Am open to suggestions.

Sign off,
    Hamilton

• impulsebooksimpulsebooks Member Posts: 561

To tell the truth, I always steer clear of free to play games. I might be missing out on sme great stuff, I don't know, but it is hard for me to value anything that is free.

I never want to see lifetime subs for MMOs, or buy a game and play forever without subs, because my pessimism says to me that the game will fizzle after a short time. I mean, if you were a games developer, why would you continue creating content for a game that no longer has a revenue stream coming in. I just feel that a subs based game keeps the developers on the ball and creating content.

Regarding your one free account question: The only way I can see to do this is have some kind of unlock-able content in the game. Maybe when you reach max level the first time, you get a unique pass code (sort of like those promotional keys)  that lets you open a new account for free. In a game without levels, perhaps a quest chain that leads to the code?

I never have multiple accounts in a game, but I do have multiple avatars. I'm a fan of alts... but that's a different thing to multi accounts. Not really sure why anyone would need another account when they can create alts.

That's a point actually. With no classes in this game (am I right?) can I even make an alt? Perhaps this is where multiple accounts come in?

Mark E. Cooper
    AKA Tohrment
    Proud member of Damned Souls since 2007.
    http://www.damnedsouls.eu

That is one of the risk of the life-time accounts, is the potential that the game can be canceled, radically changed, or eventually closed.  You are right, if a game comes to a point that it is no longer profitable, it will be closed; or perhaps handed off to a fan community.

Right there is no classes and a character can be of many professions, careers, classes, however you want to name them.  The skills will define the character and there are no limits to skills.  So having an alternate is really needed... but may be nice to change things around or be with a different faction.  We're preferring one character per account, but we're also leaning to two possible characters.

Multiple Account Abuse normally occurs when there is one primary account that gets the best of everything, while the other accounts feed it.  Or the other accounts will be used as cannon fodder to allow the one main account to get in the kill.  And some people are capable of using multiple accounts at the same time.  There is no way of getting rid of Multiple Account Abuse, only to minimize the extent of it.  Subscriptions help to mitigate this or other methods of payment.

Free-to-play allows players to create many accounts with no ill-effect for the most part. 

And then there is that valued perception.  If the game is free, well then it must be of poor quality, or if the game cost less than $5/mo is must be of poor quality.  If the game cost $15/mo it better be Go'Ram top quality.  Although there are now some Free-To-Play games that look good; however I am seeing a trend of, if the game doesn't perform well then it becomes a Free-To-Play one.  The problems of being in a young market.

Sign off,
    Hamilton

• percy_pigpercy_pig Member Posts: 1

Hi there i think this is a good game i will DEFENATLY play. But i dont spend on online games cos i can ussaly afford it. Yeah yeah it might be cheap but u havent seen my bills lol.

Ok so i think i have found a way u can earn profit for the game and keep single accounts and, have it F2P. Just have an Item mall such as buy online credits(using RL cash) and u can purchase items from the item mall on ur website such as exp boosters, stronger armor, lighter armor, stronger ammo, lighert ammo, things that take up less energy/fuel, higher wieght u can carry ect ect ect. But still have in game currency for buying in game stuff like fuel, ammo ect... This way u still make profit from serious gamers and players can still play for free. Like me and many others lol.

And for the account wise just limit the number of windows u can have open. For exsample if i minimize the game to go to my start menu and click on the the game to open a new game window just close the running game window or do not allow the 2nd window to open.

I dont see multipl accounts as a problem since it just takes up names only "Alts" are the problem. Because they do "feed" the main charecter. Multiple accounts can't realy "feed" the main account since u cannot trade it direct unless you want to risk trading it to some one else.

I also have a game suggestion to have land areas acseesable to all factions able to conquer with clans in a faction and the clan leader is appointed govenor in that area.  Then allowing the govenor to gollect taxes for the clan to buy defences for the area or NPC mechs  for clan warfare if allowed. But more taxes collected from from hostile clans/fations for trading or buying things  in this area in a soo called "free zone" that can be faught for.

Thnx for the time plz consider my oppion i'm realy looking forward to this game cant w8 to get in a jet or blast some poor guy with LRM's. 

I'll post back some time if u dont understand what i mean. My typeing can my messy sometimes.

Ceers 

James AKA Percy_Pig

• mike470mike470 General CorrespondentMember Posts: 2,396

I've liked the Guild Wars approach...pay 50 dollars for the box, then free to play for however long you feel.

All noted from above.

Just letting some information out.  There appears to be a method in which a F2P option can be provided.  It is really simple actually, and I don't know why I or others (in the industry) didn't think of it earlier.

More to follow.

Sign off,
    Hamilton

Originally posted by Hamilton-WDS

All noted from above.

Just letting some information out.  There appears to be a method in which a F2P option can be provided.  It is really simple actually, and I don't know why I or others (in the industry) didn't think of it earlier.
    More to follow.

Hmmm, ways to make it F2p... I know!! Charge $300 for the box :)

Mark E. Cooper
    AKA Tohrment

That would be a very deceptive ploy... 

Actually after some more thinking, others have done it, just not effectively and using levels of course.  Since we're not using a level system, we have more flexibility in allowing free accounts to exist with paid accounts.

But how?

Best way to answer that, just like how it is done in the movies.

Sign off,
    Hamilton

Originally posted by Hamilton-WDS

That would be a very deceptive ploy... 

Actually after some more thinking, others have done it, just not effectively and using levels of course.  Since we're not using a level system, we have more flexibility in allowing free accounts to exist with paid accounts.
    But how?
    Best way to answer that, just like how it is done in the movies.
    But I don't like popcorn!!  :)

If you are refering to what I think you are, I haven't yet bought a game where I have had to buy in game items to keep up with the others, and doubt I ever will. Just don't like the idea at all.

Mark E. Cooper
    AKA Tohrment

• WardropWardrop Member Posts: 462

Sure an item mall could help but  understand that item malls cant offer more then what a player can get by themselves in game. If they do then they will screw pvper combat and turn it into a game where whom ever has the bigger wallet is the winner.

I can see things like in game currency and exp items but  as for items that fall into the category of weapons and armor  or "pots" then your adding a aspect that effects the balance and the level playing field sought by players like myself, and we will just avoid the game all together since we can't compete without dumping a bunch of cash into the game.

Another way to block multi accounts is to keep track of the players physical address, do a scan at account creation, so it wouldn't matter the ip address and they cant use multi  addresses on a single pc.

Or track the gateway etc.

Just a few ideas.

Thanks for the replies and are noted.

There is no intention of using in-game shopping malls to support F2P accounts (ie: Spend real money on equipment, power-ups, etc).  However, there may be in-game shopping malls for non-combat or game impacting items; such as unique paint schemes (Users can choose to buy or make their own, or not at all. Taking the example of Paint Schemes, they would have no impact in combat, other than perhaps being easier or harder to spot on the field).

Using in-game malls to support F2P accounts would be too much of a disruption and difficult to work with paid accounts.  And would take away the feel of the game.

Filtering of multiple accounts per IP address or MAC address is difficult in that some computers use one shared IP address (which can be dynamic to add more difficulty) or their MAC address is hidden by a packet filter or firewall.  Other methods are possible, but would raise concerns of invading privacy, such as checking the serial number of the CPU.  Then to keep one step ahead of account checking, it would be possible to use, VMWare to create multiple instances of an Operating System, thus having multiple virtual machines on one physical machine; and then add on script/macro programs (such as AutoIT).

While this may seem impossible to control, it isn't really. 

What do script bots provide?  Outsourced AI

Sign off,
    Hamilton

• mike470mike470 General CorrespondentMember Posts: 2,396

After thinking, perhaps there could be some kind of membership.  Free players can play on one srever with other free players, and the subscribers could play with other subscribers on a different server. 

Now the differnece would be that the subscribers would get different sets of armours and weapons and more space to play on.  The free players would have to pay to get these benefits. 

Bow of course the subscribers would not be playing with the free players, so everything would be balanced.