Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Digital Download - 89.95 AUD

tachgbtachgb Member UncommonPosts: 791

Eh ?

They are charging £40 for Fury through the Auran Online Shop, that's absurd.

Guess I'll have to wait 8 days for it to be officially released in the UK, and get it for £25.

While it looks good, and has some interesting features, think it will be best to wait for reviews to roll in before buying it?

Comments

• krackajapkrackajap Member Posts: 238

When you register for the site and you set your primary currency to £ it changes the price to £30.

• Dan_GrayDan_Gray Member Posts: 74

Originally posted by krackajap

When you register for the site and you set your primary currency to £ it changes the price to £30.

Correct!

Sadly the Auran store has to keep prices in line with each region, so as not to undercut retailers. $90 is standard for new releases in Australia.

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,080

90 Dollars is expensive. Here in the states they're usually 50-60 bucks :)

• AlexWeekesAlexWeekes Member Posts: 57

Originally posted by Valentina

AU$90 has been the standard price for new games in Australia for several years now. A few years ago when the exchange rate was at a low point of AU$1 = US$0.45 that price seemed pretty good. Now with the AU$ at historic highs it looks expensive in comparison.

Each region / country has its own regional considerations when pricing is set - local tax laws, local production costs, local wage / salary and cost of living ratios and the like.

• DestinehDestineh Member Posts: 3

Originally posted by AlexWeekes

Originally posted by Valentina

AU$90 has been the standard price for new games in Australia for several years now. A few years ago when the exchange rate was at a low point of AU$1 = US$0.45 that price seemed pretty good. Now with the AU$ at historic highs it looks expensive in comparison.

Each region / country has its own regional considerations when pricing is set - local tax laws, local production costs, local wage / salary and cost of living ratios and the like.

Why exactly are you charging the same amount of money for the digital download? I think that's abit stupid. $90 is absurd in my opinion, it's the usual thing, Companies monopolising the australian market. They charge outrageous prices and expect us to be able to pay it. Everything is super expensive in Australia, except wool and kangaroo balls.

Isn't it funny, ebgames.com is selling fury for $49 american, when you convert that to Australian it's $55. I seriously doubt shipping and handling or the bandwidth to download the game would cost you an extra $35 aud.

Heh, you take local wage/tax into consideration?, perphaps you should lower the price then.

I also understand that alot might be store mark-up beyond your control, but that still dosen't explain the digital download issue.

• tachgbtachgb Member UncommonPosts: 791

Ah, can preorder the retail version of Fury for £17.99p from play.com, almost half the price of the digital download.

Wish the digital download version was reasonably priced, I would have purchased it.

• DestinehDestineh Member Posts: 3

I was going to purchase it aswell, i still might because it looks like a fantastic game. Although i think the price shouldn't be as high, in Australia if the price is low, more people would actually buy it. $20 makes a huge difference.

• AlexWeekesAlexWeekes Member Posts: 57
    Originally posted by Destineh

Why exactly are you charging the same amount of money for the digital download? I think that's abit stupid.

Reasons on the digital download are simple - we can't sell the game for lower than the retail product due to competition laws designed to prevent anti-competitive behaviour.

• M1sf1tM1sf1t Member UncommonPosts: 1,583

I'd rather buy it off amazon or ebgames. It's a lot cheaper for US citizens to buy it off those sites.

Games I've played/tried out:WAR, LOTRO, Tabula Rasa, AoC, EQ1, EQ2, WoW, Vangaurd, FFXI, D&DO, Lineage 2, Saga Of Ryzom, EvE Online, DAoC, Guild Wars,Star Wars Galaxies, Hell Gate London, Auto Assault, Grando Espada ( AKA SoTNW ), Archlord, CoV/H, Star Trek Online, APB, Champions Online, FFXIV, Rift Online, GW2.

Game(s) I Am Currently Playing:

GW2 (+LoL and BF3)