Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please Reveal Your Experiences at the Star Trek Online Forum, PE's Other Game

www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/1659460/thread/151560#1659460

Join this forum to discuss your experiences with GandH and how you feel about PE. It will be helpful for those expecting PEs new MMO.

There has been a lot of skepticism there about PE and how they will handle STO. If you review the first few pages, you will see that for most of 2007 the gamers there have been very, very concerned PE is going to take the Star Trek IP and just try to cash in on it and produce a WoW-clone with no innovation and no ties to the IP.

We all would really appreciate you guys joining the STO Forum, where we have been developing all of cohesion in our argument that PE should not be making STO cause they are incompetent.

Comments

• TheOracle1TheOracle1 Member Posts: 84

Any beta testers  have adivce for those waiting for STO?

• arvainisarvainis Member Posts: 548

Yeah, don't bother.  Find a PnP Star trek RP game and use your imagination.  Even if your a mental vegetable whatever you imagine will be 100 time better then what PE does.

"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves." ~ Ronald Reagan

• ColdmeatColdmeat Member UncommonPosts: 3,407

STO - Going were every MMO has gone before.

• mackdawg19mackdawg19 Member UncommonPosts: 842

Seeing as beta has not started for STO, how would anyone know other than checking out the development articles and looking at the art. PE wont hurt STO in no way, shape or form. I see it as being hilarious that you guys hate PE decision making for not putting out GnH. If you beta tested it you would know why they stopped making it. It was a very unfinished product and needed alot of work in a short amount of time with no cash. STO has always had more potential then GnH but they really wanted to come out with a starter game. Ask me this question. Did you really expect PE to put out GnH in its condition? If soo then would you of been the same person who comes here to whine about a shooty game that is beyond broken? All these remarks about PE taking STO and ruining it are moot points. Until we see a product or a video atleast then you really cant judge it, can you? No matter what anyone thinks, they did the right thing. And they will do the right thing with STO. If not then you wont see it because PE wont allow you pay money for garbage. If only more companys saw it this way, maybe some of the people who played games like VG or HGL wouldnt of had to spend 60 bucks on nothing. This is how I see it, id rather them waste there millions developing the game just to find out it sucks and not release it, then me pay 50 bucks for it. My 50 bucks is > than their 5 mil.

• Warrior29Warrior29 Member Posts: 172
    Originally posted by mackdawg19

Seeing as beta has not started for STO, how would anyone know other than checking out the development articles and looking at the art. PE wont hurt STO in no way, shape or form. I see it as being hilarious that you guys hate PE decision making for not putting out GnH. If you beta tested it you would know why they stopped making it. It was a very unfinished product and needed alot of work in a short amount of time with no cash. STO has always had more potential then GnH but they really wanted to come out with a starter game. Ask me this question. Did you really expect PE to put out GnH in its condition? If soo then would you of been the same person who comes here to whine about a shooty game that is beyond broken? All these remarks about PE taking STO and ruining it are moot points. Until we see a product or a video atleast then you really cant judge it, can you? No matter what anyone thinks, they did the right thing. And they will do the right thing with STO. If not then you wont see it because PE wont allow you pay money for garbage. If only more companys saw it this way, maybe some of the people who played games like VG or HGL wouldnt of had to spend 60 bucks on nothing. This is how I see it, id rather them waste there millions developing the game just to find out it sucks and not release it, then me pay 50 bucks for it. My 50 bucks is > than their 5 mil.

PE only dropped G&H because SOE would not publish it, PE had no money left to polish it. Basically, PE would have been happy to take your money and play a boring MMO.

• LethalBurstLethalBurst Member UncommonPosts: 367

My question is, if they didn't have the money to finish G&H, where exactly are they getting the money for STO?