Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looks good but a Cell Phone?

I may not be 100% familiar with this game yet until I finish reading everything on it. But they said you could play it on a cell phone, how will that work?

I know if I am at home on my PC and need to do lets say a group content and someone can get into group without divulging the knowledge that they are playing behind a cell phone I would not want to bother grouping with such people. It would be harder to play with them.

What do you all think, a bad move if they provide cell phone play mixed in with the same PC players?

Also what is up, UO top down view game. I thought game companies where leaving this point and click top down view things alone, as they don't make for great games unless you played UO before you got spoiled on all the other MMORPG's.

Anyway this game has some interesting things going on. But I can't stand top view games anymore.

Comments

• eosyneeosyne Member UncommonPosts: 392

it only works on pda's and a certain couple phones... so you don't have to worry about someone playing it on some junker i think. it should be too clunky and if they are clunkin' around i'd just ditch them or something.

i'm tryin' for pc.

• 0007121500071215 Member Posts: 7

I may think it's wonderful when someone playing on PC while others on PDA, at least there will be some interesting discussion on : where you play the game on .

• CarlineCarline Member Posts: 7
    Originally posted by 00071215

I may think it's wonderful when someone playing on PC while others on PDA, at least there will be some interesting discussion on : where you play the game on .

yes, it's a totally innovative, I like such a concept, though I'm really curious about how does it work?

• imdj76imdj76 Member Posts: 1

maybe this game can give us a good image about Game on Cell phone and the way  to control  players on PDA .You know PSP is popular

• jay8378jay8378 Member UncommonPosts: 124

Point and click is easier on a pda than a full 3d setting. this is why its top down.

It is a fun game though. I love being able to login level up and auction and such from anywhere. The pc version and the pda version is much the same. Tap where you want to go on pda click where you want to go on pc. Both players are in full control and can perform well.

Plus, this game is apperently very portable and can be ported with ease to any system. Which will allow for many devices and os's to play on.

• mangekyou09mangekyou09 Member Posts: 19

its alright.  i wish the point and click worked when you bring up the map, because i prefer not to do excessive clicking.  maybe im just lazy.

• forgivenmeforgivenme Member Posts: 2

I think this game is just like the beginning of a  new game times, you not only can play it on you pc, but also on the ppc and pda.

fell

• lalamamalalamama Member Posts: 2

I enjoy playing this game on my smartphone. It does work!!

• oversightingoversighting Member Posts: 2

To play the game on the cell phone is a new idea, but no body want to have such a  big file in their poor phone, you'd better reduce the game first.

• VosenVosen Member Posts: 102

Anyone know if it works on an iPhone?

• QueinaiQueinai Member Posts: 76

Originally posted by Vosen
    Anyone know if it works on an iPhone?

I dont think so, at least not yet ...heres the PPC requirements:

Windows Mobile 2003, 2003 SE, 5.0, or 6.0 for Pocket PC based PDA or Smartphone
    QVGA or VGA screen size
    200 MHz processor
    15 MB available program RAM
    1GB+ high speed memory card (FAT32 recommended, 66X speed or above)
    WiFi or 2.5G/2.75G/3G wireless data connection

and the Smartphone requirements:

Windows Mobile 5.0 or 6.0 for Smartphone
    QVGA screen size
    200 MHz processor
    15 MB available program RAM
    1GB+ high speed memory card (FAT32 recommended, 66X speed or above)
    WiFi or 2.5G/2.75G/3G wireless data connection

• mangekyou09mangekyou09 Member Posts: 19

apple hasn't released its sdk yet for iphone, either that, or they've just released it - meaning that outside developers have just begun to make their programs compatible with the apple iphone os.

• dragonbone11dragonbone11 Member Posts: 2

It is said that the game can be played on PDA.

But I haven't tried it yet. Maybe I should go to buy a PDA first. lol

• LordFILordFI Member Posts: 35

The graphics look too good for what I've seen on cell phones.  I'd be curious what it will look like and definitely how the game will play.  Although, my cell battery will not last long enough to play as long as I normally do!!

• friendgdfriendgd Member Posts: 2

Play on your cell phone is a creative idea, but it will take up most of our space.

• GrondinmGrondinm Member Posts: 2

i think this game is a great idea. play from anywhere. and as for space with 4and8gb memory cards coming out space is not that much of an issue. polus i did read that they are working on making it smaller i am about to try it tonight for the first time....i think the ppc version is down for now tho i will find out soon.

• bamboob3bamboob3 Member Posts: 33

Hi!!! Everyone, I am one of the developers of "Shadow of Legend". Our MMORPG is still on the Beta test; we tried hard to develop and create this game more fun. Well, this is the link to our website: http://www.shadowoflegend.com/web.  I would be appreciated if you guys try our product and leave some comments. Thank you in advance.