Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tibia is so underated!

2»

Comments

• StraykoStrayko Member Posts: 56
    Troada's explained a few very good points, and said some things I've been trying to explain for so long.

The clan wars becoming so meaningfull and the adrenaline pumping through your blood if you're exploring unknown caves.

Yes, it really happens.

You must think I have no life because I get so involved with this game.

Everybody who plays Tibia has it, and I do have a life. ;D

And Gameloading, I'm not thinking "I sure showed him", at all, because you don't get my points.

I can't show you, you're too stubborn!

• XylographerXylographer Member Posts: 3
    then I saw this game first time I think that thisis the worst mmorg game in all, but then I try to play one time, next day I run it again... I start to play this game every day since last summer.... Don't look at game graphics, look at the game.. i think this game is more better then WOW or others.... I'ts very interesting game...  
  • cdeepalcdeepal Member UncommonPosts: 148

Gameloading, you are doing a countless fanboi argument.

I don't know whether you have played Tibia or not. If you haven't played the game, then all I have to say is your argument is not fact oriented, and you have no clue what Tibia is like. So, it is better you stop arguing about something which you have no clue about.

Tibia is currently the most enjoyable game out there. I am saying this after playing a ton of different MMORPGs such as WoW, EQ2, MU, RO, Rapplez, and UO.

In Summary: If you haven't played a character in Tibia for more than 40 levels, then you have no clue, so stop arguing.

Originally posted by cdeepal

Gameloading, you are doing a countless fanboi argument.
    I don't know whether you have played Tibia or not. If you haven't played the game, then all I have to say is your argument is not fact oriented, and you have no clue what Tibia is like. So, it is better you stop arguing about something which you have no clue about.
    Tibia is currently the most enjoyable game out there. I am saying this after playing a ton of different MMORPGs such as WoW, EQ2, MU, RO, Rapplez, and UO.
    In Summary: If you haven't played a character in Tibia for more than 40 levels, then you have no clue, so stop arguing.
    Ahwell, some people just keep on going. Once they've said something, they won't change their opinion anymore.

He probably got what he wanted though, because he had me quite angry over his ignorance quite a lot of times.

• randz88randz88 Member Posts: 4

Originally posted by Strayko

If the gameplay of Tibia would be able to be transferred to a 3d game, everybody would play this.

For the people claiming this game is bad, please read my other thread.

I hate fanboys who can't speak proper English and constantly keep trying to bash other games to justify their own payment for the games they play.

I agree with you Alot more then this other N0000000000000biei   who probaly tryd play tibia made it to mino hell in rookgaard and got traped killed lost his 200gp and quit... becuz if he got back on and went to trolls hunt get lvl 8 go main and experince the true excitment that tibia has to offer, and do some role playing for once and not just try get the uber best scores like some techno geek, he'd be smacking himself.

my words about tibia tatics: Giant spider lvl 60+ to outrun this firce predator spawns many anoying but weaker spider wich get in ur way wich can very quickly get u trapd boom boom ur dead... Demons only can be killed with a team unless ur an Power gameing nerd whos lvl 150+ but even then u can still be drop'd within seconds...and lets not forget Quest rooms iv seen new monsters in tibia that a team of lvl 200+ players would have hard time defeating. and when u go war if its a good war not a noob war u can easly be traped anywere by jut 8 players standing around u and w.e u have in your bp thats what u use to save your life and u have to be healing watching ur hp trying message some backup stop ur attackers and/or fight back and try escape. so Tibia is by far the worst game but it is also by far 1 of the best!

And umm Strayko i got a question u ever played tibia test server or an OT cuz if u have'nt u sould thats were the nerds who dont got pathints for RL tibz go u get lvl 300 in no time and start war/killing/pk'in instintly so flame if ur gonna flame but do ur research befor u do...cuz to every1 whos reading this knows u havent played tibia longer then lvl 25-30 MAX!! And that you look like a noob trying diss ppl in Thais dp becuz he was stupid enough to go to www.tib!a.com Lol

• BobCrazytonBobCrazyton Member UncommonPosts: 2,117

WoW, GW and Oblivion... I've played. Great games, but none as good as Tibia.

The only game I've played which is better than this is Ocarina of Time, yeah even FF7 gets pwned by this one.

First of all: BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Secondly: I've played this game to like, level 22 or something. I didn't play long enough to experience the whole game, obviously, but it was long enough to know that this game is apsolute crap. It's just one big horrible grind of killing sh**. I got into the game because my cousins played it. Playing with them made it somewhat fun, but after a while, it just didn't matter who I was playing with. I wanted out. Town raids by orcs and stuff were cool, though.

Scammers are everywhere. You can easily see through their lame schemes, but they're still there, they're still annoying, and you can't report them. Ya, for some reason scamming players isn't against the rules. As for the community as a whole, it's very social. Most of them are immature fu**tards, but this game has the most social and tight-nit community in a combat oriented MMO that I've played. There was almost always a party going on in that mansion in Thais on my server. Just the way everybody interacted with each other was amusing. Especially when someone died. Whenever someone died, it became news. I don't know if death is such a big deal with you guys, it wasn't with me, but my cousin's and their in-game friends talked about it like it  was a big deal.

Almost no variety in armor and weapons. The spell system was pretty good. The way your create runes and some of the spells were cool and you could make a living off of making runes for knights.

Never PvP'd, but I doubt it would be that much more exciting than fighting an NPC.

Quests had variety, but they were a pain in the ass to find.

My cousin still plays this and has made it to level 50 or 60 something, I believe and I catch him playing every once in a while. Dragon and other big raids look kind of interesting, but they didn't really look like anything amazing.

Other than the few good points this game had, it was crap. Nothing but grinding, really.

• Bob crazyton is kind of right. I still play this game because it was my first mmo and I like to support it. I can say if you didn't buy a premium you missed out on more than half of the game. Owning a house is probably one of my favorite features. But all in all this game is outdated and not worth it to newcomers. Just recently a great guild on my server was broken up by GMs and now people are trying to grab power. It's really just a power struggle for what isn't yet ruined by the Brazilians and Polaks. I'm not being racist or anything but there is something wrong when a player comes up to you dressed in the colors of his countries flag and then tries to kill you because you speak english and they don't.

• AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

Originally posted by nethaniah

Just recently a great guild on my server was broken up by GMs and now people are trying to grab power.

If you're talking about the Ruthless Reign guild on the Amera server. They're far from great. :p

In fact, the other side isn't fighting for power at all. They just want to play again. RR has been forcing people to quit the game because of RR's levels and shady actions to dominate the server to their will.

Reason why they can abuse their power is because of Tibia's flawed game mechanics.

I wouldn't be here looking for a new game to play if it wasn't for them.

Death is a big deal. The funny thing about Tibia is, is that it's so realistic. You have good and bad people, and they're everywhere. They could do anything to you and you can do anything to them.

Because death is such a big deal in this game, it's easy to force people not to play. That's called powerabusing, now when you've got power, you can either choose to use or abuse it.

By the way, the raids you were talking about mean nothing to me, as well as grinding. I don't like them, and that's why I don't participate in neither of them. I like to socialize with people and just have a good time.

• BobCrazytonBobCrazyton Member UncommonPosts: 2,117

Death is a big deal. The funny thing about Tibia is, is that it's so realistic. You have good and bad people, and they're everywhere. They could do anything to you and you can do anything to them.
    Because death is such a big deal in this game, it's easy to force people not to play. That's called powerabusing, now when you've got power, you can either choose to use or abuse it.
    By the way, the raids you were talking about mean nothing to me, as well as grinding. I don't like them, and that's why I don't participate in neither of them. I like to socialize with people and just have a good time.

Heh, ya, the "realism" was kind of cool. I think I remember Giant Spiders being hard to take down, instead of being something anybody could easily solo. It's how big mythical kinds of monsters should be dealt with.

• RizaunRizaun Member UncommonPosts: 30

I downloaded this, and it took me more time to download it (like 5 seconds) than quit it (2 seconds).

A couple of dudes used to come to the PC Cafe where we used to play, and it was sad...really sad...what kind of cimmunity is that? 15 year old kids crying because they died, that's really sad, they felt like the world was ending for them, fuck i've seen people get banned from FFXI and respond a lot better than that even though FFXI > Tibia by far and requires ACTUAL TACTICS.

Now before you say WAAHH YAH A GRPHIX WHOR3! M3 G0 PL4Y T1B1A NOW U N00BZ!!, understand, graphics aren't everything and not the most important thing on a MMORPG, but everything needs to be improved, gameplay, graphics, storyline, and Tibia is way behind all that...and hell, it was made in paint WTF

Originally posted by Rizaun

I downloaded this, and it took me more time to download it (like 5 seconds) than quit it (2 seconds).
    A couple of dudes used to come to the PC Cafe where we used to play, and it was sad...really sad...what kind of cimmunity is that? 15 year old kids crying because they died, that's really sad, they felt like the world was ending for them, fuck i've seen people get banned from FFXI and respond a lot better than that even though FFXI > Tibia by far and requires ACTUAL TACTICS.
    Now before you say WAAHH YAH A GRPHIX WHOR3! M3 G0 PL4Y T1B1A NOW U N00BZ!!, understand, graphics aren't everything and not the most important thing on a MMORPG, but everything needs to be improved, gameplay, graphics, storyline, and Tibia is way behind all that...and hell, it was made in paint WTF
    And exactly what you say is one very important element of the game. People crying over their deaths, don't you think that's weird?

That's how deep Tibia takes you, and you've got to experience that before judging it. I'm certain, absolutely certain, I'd put my life on the line for it, that if you'd play it actively and atleast until level 40, you'd prefer it over FFXI. That is ofcourse, if you're not, as you said, a graphics whore.

And the community, I've found people who I trust more than my closest mates outside of this game.

• BlueMoonTMBlueMoonTM Member Posts: 25

Lol Tibia, its not just the graphic, its everything, it should have less rating, like 1 :D

Worst game ever, i have tried it, and my one class m8 is still playing with his 150+lv character, and he is borred, he tells me that nothing changes, all the same boring stuff, but still he likes Tibia coz its his first mmorpg, so thats why he is still playing, any how, he told me about combat, and how easy that sounded to me, well he said samething, its like noobish or more like for 10 years old game, like nintendo mario, just with bigger world...

I can't believe that ppl can still play this crap, i can just understand those ppl that for them Tibia was first mmorpg, but still hey there are much better games then Tibia, and if Tibia wants better rating, change graphic, combat, tactics, everything to better, some guys told me that Tibias storie was good, i dontk now about it , maybe it is, but well keep storie, so old players will stay, but change most of the game, then u will get losts of new gamers, plus better rating :)

• icezizimicezizim Member Posts: 36

Originally posted by neris

Lol Tibia, its not just the graphic, its everything, it should have less rating, like 1 :D
    Worst game ever, i have tried it, and my one class m8 is still playing with his 150+lv character, and he is borred, he tells me that nothing changes, all the same boring stuff, but still he likes Tibia coz its his first mmorpg, so thats why he is still playing, any how, he told me about combat, and how easy that sounded to me, well he said samething, its like noobish or more like for 10 years old game, like nintendo mario, just with bigger world...
    I can't believe that ppl can still play this crap, i can just understand those ppl that for them Tibia was first mmorpg, but still hey there are much better games then Tibia, and if Tibia wants better rating, change graphic, combat, tactics, everything to better, some guys told me that Tibias storie was good, i dontk now about it , maybe it is, but well keep storie, so old players will stay, but change most of the game, then u will get losts of new gamers, plus better rating :)

you dont play the game obvousily so i dont see why your rating it. also get some grammer skills.

like a year ago i quit tibia to try other games. i played WoW, FFXI, EVE, and LINEAGE 1. i lost intrest in all of them within a month or so. now i just started playing tibia again and i just love it. i play on PVP-ENFORCED servers so it really has that since of you knowing everyone and the players starting conflicts. i love the harsh death penelty and great pvp, which makes for some of the most intense moments iv ever had had playing a game in my life.

AND i actually perfer 2d games like tibia and UO, its got alot more of a unique style to it.

i dont know, for someone whe doesnt play its just impossible to explain the feelings of playing tibia.

Originally posted by icezizim

Originally posted by neris

you dont play the game obvousily so i dont see why your rating it. also get some grammer skills.

like a year ago i quit tibia to try other games. i played WoW, FFXI, EVE, and LINEAGE 1. i lost intrest in all of them within a month or so. now i just started playing tibia again and i just love it. i play on PVP-ENFORCED servers so it really has that since of you knowing everyone and the players starting conflicts. i love the harsh death penelty and great pvp, which makes for some of the most intense moments iv ever had had playing a game in my life.

AND i actually perfer 2d games like tibia and UO, its got alot more of a unique style to it.

i dont know, for someone whe doesnt play its just impossible to explain the feelings of playing tibia.

Amen.

• d0gz1llad0gz1lla Member UncommonPosts: 77

yeah the hard penalty really makes the game more exciting, for the pkers and for the random guy who minds his own buissnes and gets attacked and for the wars that happen, quite and adrenaline rush threw you :)

since tibia i havent played any other game that would at least be similar to it, its one of a kind, everyother mmo just seems to be repeating the same,..

But tibia went on the path of other mmos whit hotkeys for UHS and all other runes, when there wasnt any of this, at that time the skill of a player (moving mouse and healing) was really a big factor, now it isnt so much any more, thats the only thing that i havent liked whit the update...

well cya

R.I.P my dear MOTHER (1965-2004)

• junerianjunerian Member Posts: 60

Originally posted by Alexandruis

yeah the hard penalty really makes the game more exciting, for the pkers and for the random guy who minds his own buissnes and gets attacked and for the wars that happen, quite and adrenaline rush threw you :)

since tibia i havent played any other game that would at least be similar to it, its one of a kind, everyother mmo just seems to be repeating the same,..

But tibia went on the path of other mmos whit hotkeys for UHS and all other runes, when there wasnt any of this, at that time the skill of a player (moving mouse and healing) was really a big factor, now it isnt so much any more, thats the only thing that i havent liked whit the update...

well cya

Sorry but other games are most definitly not copying Tibia infact Tibia originally was just a HUGE knock off of Ultima it's gone a seperate path from Ultima now but alot of the mechanics are still there.

Also I'm not a troll I played Tibia for 3 years and have 2 level 100+'s

Edit: I read your post wrong sorry (thought you meant every other MMO was copying tibia not every other MMO were copying each other) you find that in alot of the F2P MMO's their all almost all alike but try EVE and compare it to other MMO's and there's alot more you just havn't tried enough MMOs

• HealthyyHealthyy Member UncommonPosts: 112

Tibia is one of the best MMORPG's if you play it right. If you are a little kid that doesn't know how to play a game then the tibia sux...

One thing can better: We want more raids :D

• neel101260neel101260 Member Posts: 3

Tibia is the most stubidest game ever

NO offence

BUt i played tibia gfor about 2 years

Ever premy

I got high lvl friends and i  was premmyfor about 6 months.

It sucked after that. You cant do anything you cant hungt higher things you need lvl and for druids it just sucked

You kill stuff over and over and over and over until you lvl up and kill other stuff over and over

And it is so hard to lvl

12sky is way better than Tibia

People actuly cry if they died in tibia

and grhaic sucked!

and wait for monsters to come back for 2  min was not cool at all!

And sometimes  when you are training or helping people train some noobie always comes and kills the rat or anything that is increasing the defence! and it takes time to get those stuff back!!

Tibia is also adicting

So much  that i cant tell!

ans when you go in cave with mosters some peoson always therte and tell you hunted if dont leave imdeatly!

so much stuff to say against tibia!

Just dont play tibia there are way better games than it!

• DeramonDeramon Member Posts: 10

Before I start talking let me get one thing in the clear:

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS THE BEST MMO

There may be bad ones, there may be virus ones but there is no best one. If there was then we would all be playing it. I personally have played Tibia a little, and I understand what people are saying about the intensity, and the realism, and all those things, but you can't just go out and say that it is the best game ever, there is no denying it, WOW sucks, yada yada yada. The best thing you can do to enforce the game and show it's good points is by, lets say, not saying that there is no other game with that feature, or not spewing out random nonsense about the person who made a comment that happened to be negetive. That is a sure sign of fanboyism, an almost cultist behavior that I hunt down with vengeance and pleasure. What you could do is say, while being polite, (although that's pretty rare) the good things about the game.

Something that I personally hate in some games is the people. Runescape would be almost (but not quite, bobcrazyton) playable if the community didn't suck so bad. The community in this game is good enough that you can find good friends and make better rivals, instead of the place being infested with people whom are familiar with 1337 741k. 

There is also the graphics. Yes, the graphics suck, but I never really cared much for graphics. My favorite game yet is Super Mario World, and that was back in the 16-bit days. Some people find a good game because of it's graphics, I just don't care.

Then there is the content. This game is packed with content, and if you can't find any, make some. The things you can do are near endless (so it seems) and the PVP (to my knowledge) can be rewarding. The game also takes a lot of oldy-style D&D tactics like if you go in a cave, you bring rope. Some people aren't really interested in that, I like a mental challenge when I do something.

Well, that's just about all of my rant, but if anyone claims that a game is the best game ever, I will do many undescribed but presumably violent things to them. You may need a dictionary to read all this though.