Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Not Fair.......

xEckoxEcko Member UncommonPosts: 21

So far the games hype is low, and the only reason it is low is because of people knocking it for being 2D.....

Graphics don't matter its the game play, there are so many 3D mmo's out today that half of them are clones of each other, i think its a bit of fresh air now that a new 2D game is being released,

End of tho, don't knock it until you have tried it, graphics don't count for nothing, game play all the way :)

oh and for the person who said this

"You pay REAL money to gamble on getting virtual stuff"

No you don't, you buy fortune boxes with in game gold, you might unlock some thing good you might not its a 50/50, you will have the option to by extra items from the item mall which will not give players 100% advantage

Comments

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

Although I'm sure the 2d graphics and unimaginative gameplay are partly responsible for people ignoring the game, the fact the scum known as K2Network is running it is probably responsible for the majority of people turning away from it.

• xEckoxEcko Member UncommonPosts: 21

K2 can't be as bad a Game Network, why does everybody hate K2 anyway?

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

No customer support.

Corrupt GMs.

Showing preference to specific groups.

Unenforced rules against hacking/botting.

And the list goes on.

All of these things are how they run Knight Online, and have for years. Noone expects them to suddenly give a crap, regardless what game they put out.

K2 is all about money, period. And if it comes at the expense of the gameplay of it's customers, even better in their eyes.

• bloodyleachbloodyleach Member Posts: 13

2d or 3d doesn't matter... crap is crap.  Also, yes game play is important, but graphics are to, I don't want to play Pac-Man the mmorpg, no matter how good the game play is.

• DeadlyZardDeadlyZard Member Posts: 3

Some people are looking into gameplay  too not only to 2d or 3d.Very nice to hear  "2d?OMG,Its totaly crap.Just drop them out".I dont think so,because when the game is crappy the 2d or 3d not  judges much.....

Wating for Mario MMORPG..It was a joke,btw.

You can beat all with sharp sword,quick bow and the sense of humour....

• crunchyblackcrunchyblack Member Posts: 1,362

Sorry guys its 2008...2d games are cool if they are old...classic games...not new (2007) games.

its not about the graphics, to be honest, its a feeling of being trapped in one camera setting. Its about a style of gameplay that works only on classic games from the 90's.

The old 2d graphics aside, im sure this game hasent done anything new to offset its 1990's graphics.  Im sure it has all been done before by games 12 years older than this.

so its not about the game being 2d as much is its about offering something in 2007-2008 that has been beaten to death in the 90's.

• NuckInUKNuckInUK Member Posts: 4

Ahhhhhhhhh good old K2, home to turkish hackers, easily bought, and love to give their friends gm edits to play with!! Higher the price you pay, better your char is. I dont miss being part of their games and I must say, i dont miss being hacked or sworn at by ppl, or gms. I dont miss the chidlish bs that goes on with K2 and I really really am glad they took my hi lvl char away, gave me a chance to get out with some dignity intact. Funniest thing is, it was a click and buy screwup but thanks to K2, I have nothing to be ashamed about, at least I built her from scratch, not a day went by I didnt play legit and hard.....

K2, I wish you would just dissappear into the great unknown where you belong, scamming innocent ppl, really, I cant believe anyone in the gaming world still gives you a chance.....

• nomrawnomraw Member Posts: 146

It is ironic the way people come to bash the game companies without proper facts........Perhaps hoping some innocent readers will get their attention.

Same happens with Blizzard and any other company .....

Hey man.....as long as the game is free2play....no one gives a damn about your accusations ...Let the people play and learn for themselves....dont come out here and bash a company without proper evidence to back it up.....same applies to the other guy who posted earlier......

• Alanna1Alanna1 Member Posts: 6

MUORPG

(Massively Unplayable Online Role Playing Game)

FACTS: (of course from my own experience of playing the game of Redstone for a year and a half)

I want to say that the game handlers of this great game are driving it into the ground. All I had was one linking issue, 8 customer support tickets and one month later I was left with no solution to my issue. Finally got resolution on the ninth ticket, but only after much grief. Game community was not bad, but has digressed into guilds Ks'ing each other at the best experience-getting spots, and no one wants to even party you for a secret dungeon if you aren't from their guild.

What really takes the cake is the fact that all of the servers that they have handling the game shut down almost every other day for a period of time, even though they have a weekly "maintenance". Over 50% of the guild wars that take place every saturday, the lag and disconnections are so bad, you might as well just give up. In my almost year and a half of playing, there wasn't one week that went by without an unscheduled server down-time.

Premium players are supposed to get "enhanced customer support" and as a premium player for the last 5 months of my time I spent playing, I don't think I would agree that any enhanced customer support even exists.

Overall, I had great fun making friends in the game, but it's like driving a beater car, if multiple mechanics can't fix the car and it keeps leaving you stranded, well what would you do?

NuckInUK, and Zorvan, you have both obviously played the game :)

nomraw, I have one question. Which Redstone GM are you? Go do your damage control in your own forums that you ban people with legitimate complaints from. FTP doesn't mean FTS (free to scam).

Redstone, played for a year and a half... yes it is that good until you get involved with their horrific (preferential) game community.
    (Deleted Jan 9th, 2009):Alanna lvl 280+ AOE witch, Tasslehoff lvl 230+ assasin/treasure thief, Wintersong lvl 170+ aqua bamboo tamer/summoner, Valkarra lvl 120+ hvy dmg demon.

Originally posted by Alanna1

MUORPG

(Massively Unplayable Online Role Playing Game)

FACTS: (of course from my own experience of playing the game of Redstone for a year and a half)
    I want to say that the game handlers of this great game are driving it into the ground. All I had was one linking issue, 8 customer support tickets and one month later I was left with no solution to my issue. Finally got resolution on the ninth ticket, but only after much grief. Game community was not bad, but has digressed into guilds Ks'ing each other at the best experience-getting spots, and no one wants to even party you for a secret dungeon if you aren't from their guild.
    What really takes the cake is the fact that all of the servers that they have handling the game shut down almost every other day for a period of time, even though they have a weekly "maintenance". Over 50% of the guild wars that take place every saturday, the lag and disconnections are so bad, you might as well just give up. In my almost year and a half of playing, there wasn't one week that went by without an unscheduled server down-time.
    Premium players are supposed to get "enhanced customer support" and as a premium player for the last 5 months of my time I spent playing, I don't think I would agree that any enhanced customer support even exists.
    Overall, I had great fun making friends in the game, but it's like driving a beater car, if multiple mechanics can't fix the car and it keeps leaving you stranded, well what would you do?
    NuckInUK, and Zorvan, you have both obviously played the game :)

nomraw, I have one question. Which Redstone GM are you? Go do your damage control in your own forums that you ban people with legitimate complaints from. FTP doesn't mean FTS (free to scam).

Nah...I am just against kiddies who think they know how a game company works when they dont know shit. Trust me man...with the lame income that Acclaim or K2 or whatever is getting from F2P games (in this case an outdated 2D) what can you expect?? monthly regular 1GB content updates??? Not trying to bash around or accuse you of anything...but the fact that you are trying to justify the foolish decision you made to play a "not so well supported"  game for over a year clearly shows....LOL and in what ways does it prove that Nuck or Zorvan have played "this" game (weren't they referring to knight online)?? ROFL and you didn't mind getting scammed for those 5 months.  Dude, there are way better games out there. If you are unhappy with even 20% of the game (including customer support) then move on, dont give game companies that dont deserve growth that chance. Dont come and rant about the game when you still get some sort of wierd satisfaction playing it. Thanks for thinking that I am a GM though. :D...Really like the idea of it..but thinking of the "type" of customers they have to handle...LOL....

P.S...Sorry if I hurt your feelings. Nothing personal bro. Coz I am tired of immature complaints when you know that you have the freedom to leave a BAD game and you just create negative energy by whining over it..

PEACE :D

Omg, you are complaining about our complaining? Sooo further proof you are what I said you were. Other evidence: You posted within 30 minutes of my post, just reeks of the Redstone Damage control Inc. LOLOLOL

What person (s) come onto any forum to defend online games anyways? What do you possibly have to gain by debating over another's experiences in this online gaming? The only end to online debating is personal attacks and degradement of each other, which you have already started to do. We are just simply offering our experiences with this game for others to read, and you decide there is something to argue about? Something to have to defend? Even you degraded Redstone, so what exactly are you posturing opposite my argument?

Oh and I might add, you gotta love forum folks who think it somehow improves their "whatever" by quoting the post immediately above their next post. Can't people just scroll up to read the posts you might be referring to? Perhaps they don't know how to scroll up and could possibly miss that post. So glad you quoted it (in its entirety) so the rest of us wouldn't miss it.

Redstone, played for a year and a half... yes it is that good until you get involved with their horrific (preferential) game community.
    (Deleted Jan 9th, 2009):Alanna lvl 280+ AOE witch, Tasslehoff lvl 230+ assasin/treasure thief, Wintersong lvl 170+ aqua bamboo tamer/summoner, Valkarra lvl 120+ hvy dmg demon.

• KingKaioKingKaio Member Posts: 48

I prefer to play mmogs that has lots of character diversity, offers the ability to customize, and has cool looking armor and weapons. Even if you can customize in some 2-D games it really unoticable.

Yeah gameplay matters a lot, but who wants to invest a lot time in leveling a character and he still looks like crap?

Originally posted by Alanna1

Omg, you are complaining about our complaining? Sooo further proof you are what I said you were. Other evidence: You posted within 30 minutes of my post, just reeks of the Redstone Damage control Inc. LOLOLOL
    What person (s) come onto any forum to defend online games anyways? What do you possibly have to gain by debating over another's experiences in this online gaming? The only end to online debating is personal attacks and degradement of each other, which you have already started to do. We are just simply offering our experiences with this game for others to read, and you decide there is something to argue about? Something to have to defend? Even you degraded Redstone, so what exactly are you posturing opposite my argument?
    Oh and I might add, you gotta love forum folks who think it somehow improves their "whatever" by quoting the post immediately above their next post. Can't people just scroll up to read the posts you might be referring to? Perhaps they don't know how to scroll up and could possibly miss that post. So glad you quoted it (in its entirety) so the rest of us wouldn't miss it.

Yea right, weren't you the one who started it (calling me a fanboy/GM of K2 when I "clearly" mentioned my motives...and I check My profile to see if there are any replies to posts where I've typed =.= ..I also mentioned that it was nothing personal......Also...The topics where players make recent posts are highlighted in the HOME page of this site....Speaking of damage control...this is the first time I've posted in a red stone topic that was started ages ago...Whatever makes you happy though :D...lol...Your replies will only be laughed at friend...Oh I quote so you'll have a clue of what you are talking about...Please be more competitive in your argument *yawn* unless you still wanna talk about "damage control" or whatever :D....

(Waiting for more stupid replies)

For all to see.... did I not say how this was going to end? To say that it is an end is far from correct. As all can observe, nomraw is just another shining example of the sickness of Redstone. Go. See for yourself. Go to their forums. See if you like this "game" they have designed within an online game of "forum argument". The illusion is that nomraw thinks I am still trying to argue with him/her. I have already quit the game of Redstone. I have already went to their forums and did this "side" game of he said/she said garbage.

You gotta ask yourself, when you read posts from someone you have decided to oppose, LISTEN to the arguments you immediately formulate. Isn't it exciting? You do it with the absorption of every syllable of the opposing text. It becomes such a large function of your reading, you often don't even try to grasp an understanding of the opposing argument. That is your shortfall. So much of your energy is concentrated in the rapid formulation of argument, and not absorbing any of the other side.

Let me try and do what I am saying. I understand your point. Let people go and try any game for themselves. Perhaps you misunderstood what we were saying to others in this thread. Although, in my experience, this game is just as I and the others who in the thread have bashed.

If you want a game with...

No customer support. (buy premium, see how their "enhanced customer support" works out for you, should be called "enhanced customer redirection")

Daily disconnections.

Corrupt GMs.

Enough lag to stop a Boeing 747.

Showing preference to specific groups. (This is so true, I played in the Ogre secret dungeon with Shield and Hmghawj when we were all around lvl 65-80. After almost 9 months, they were lvl 400+, and I still was only lvl 220.)

Unenforced rules against hacking/botting. (pfft, then I found out about sandboxie, no wonder everyone passed me in leveling so easy. Everyone telling me its cause I wasn't premium. Phooey.)

Bah! Why even try to win an argument against someone about something I have already stopped playing. You know what they say about winning arguments on the internet. It's like winning the special olympics. You may have won, but your still R*******. Win on nomraw. Win on.

Real reason I quit for good from the game of Redstone....

"In my almost year and a half of playing, there wasn't one week that went by without an unscheduled server down-time." (and i'm pretty sure the dam thing is doubling as a front for some hacking entrepreneurs also).

ROFL.....I've never played red stone so.... I dunno how I am sickening the community : (.... I apologise for all the other "clones" like me who made you quit this game....XD...

btw...you need to read your own post...some of the points applies to you more than to me...

My point is pretty simple here....Play the game to form your opinion....If you hate it..move on.....dont bash it while you still love it...

Oh the point you made about "personal attack"....You started the argument mate...not me :D....calling me a GM...and all that...thinking I was doing damage control....what is wrong in expressing an opinion in "general"....I pretty much do the same stuff with other games....(varies ofcourse )? you clearly show your intelligence....ROFL....

Ohh yeaa...Please dont beg others to support your arguments....(Clear indication that you are one of those people who thinks their opnion is the word of god)

Oh yea...if it makes you happy...I will be busy for a while...so you may take time with your replies...and I might come back to argue with you...if I am still interested in keeping myself entertained ofcourse..

And please note....dont make it more personal than it already is...you are more than welcome to make valid arguments with any post I make..for ANY game...

Testing out TCoS now..so...Please dont call me  a GM of Acclaim now =.=...

(waiting for a more mature response this time....hopefully)

And yet we digress to the part of the forum argument where we both claim to have no interest in continuing the argument, and point out to each other how truly disinterested we both are. (Well, I'll let you handle this part)....

• LyallLyall Member Posts: 2

This whole arguement is pitiful. Alanni you're just wasting your time. Nomraw has his right to defend the game and you're basically saying he doesn't. If he cares enough about the game to defend it that says something. Stop bashing him personally if you want to rant about the game. I don't understand why you even kept arguing this long. You were trying to act like you were better than him and soooo high and mighty... You ended up sounding like an immature idiot. Congratulations, you made me make a post just to explain how pitiful you are. Red Stone is a good game in it's own right. It's all personal opinion. Don't bash people for theirs. I'm not saying you weren't entitled to yours but you took it too far.

I decided to post an opinion based upon my gameplay of the game topic. This opinion was contrary to several in the thread. I disagreed with nomraw, and discussion ensued. Then along comes others to offer their opinion of the argument. My experience with Redstone was less than satisfactory. Then when I had CS issues, their staff showed how neanderthal they could become. They are a bunch of preferential jerks over there at K2, and that is based upon my own personal experience with the dam game for over a year and a half. Dispute it all you want in this thread, but my experience remains, like it or not.

Matter of fact, many online games who are in their second-third years, who came out with all the pomp, romp, and excitement, go to their forums and a good portion have dropped the ball. I have read tons of forum threads on other games where game moderators are constantly doing damage control. The problem with online games seems to have many facets. Why hasn't Archlord or 2Moons progressed into their destined positions? They are both great games, but somehow lack whatever is needed to continue to grow, attract, and keep players. Just like Redstone.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by xEcko

So far the games hype is low, and the only reason it is low is because of people knocking it for being 2D.....
    Graphics don't matter its the game play, there are so many 3D mmo's out today that half of them are clones of each other, i think its a bit of fresh air now that a new 2D game is being released,
    End of tho, don't knock it until you have tried it, graphics don't count for nothing, game play all the way :)

Graphics do matters. Gameplay matters too of course and if something is fun enough I can play it even with crappy graphics but graphics and art is important, why do you think Crysis is such a big hit?

• RAPEmoduleRAPEmodule Member Posts: 8

listen....everyone needs to learn to stop talking shit

the forum is to let people know about the game not to talk shit and argue around with other people

everyone needs to also stop talking shit about k2

granted its not the best company.......actually far from it

but.......i dont think a single one of you understand how ridiculously hard it is to run any sort of gaming company....either small or large

sure they could do more......but its so difficult and they are always working on new projects which takes up more time and work

i totally feel they should work on the games already established...but thats there call as a company to decide

and you guys are wrong when they say they dont have a large amount of money......k2 is a very large company responsible for soome big mmo titles and partnerships in many others

Drunken words are sober thoughts!

Who gives a shit how big a game company is. Who gives a shit if they are the biggest piece of crap in the whole f**king world. Problem is I am still pissed that I spent so much time on this game, wishing and hoping it would become better, only to have it go to shit. F8ck online gaming. Screw all of the online game comunities too that try to play them, most are just immature jerks who try to immediately contradict every f8cking statement everyone else makes, hmm, just like here.

Here's what you really do if you wanna play this goddam Redstone. Start an account. Start a character. Don't join any guilds. Don't make any friends in-game that you don't know IRL. Play your character, and don't get involved with in game BS.

• taintedfrosttaintedfrost Member Posts: 7

I have to agree with Alanna. This is one of the worst games I have played.

K2 has the worst customer support/corruption in a online game, even compared to private ragnarok servers. I've had a couple of times where I purchased items or points at their website and didn't receive the goods but was still billed on my credit card. Sending tickets into their system is a failure. I waited over 3 months for a reply on my cases and finally gave up. The community of Redstone is equally horrible with corrupt GMs, botters, KSing, and griefing. No one partys with you unless your in their guild. Leveling is horrible also unless you like grinding for days to gain one. Without a high level char it becomes very difficult.

There is a gameplay property that is fun and fresh, the skill system. There is numerous skills you can train which adds customization and uniqueness.

Even though a game can be fun in itself. A online game without a decent community and horrible customer service/support just doesn't work.

• darkb457darkb457 Member CommonPosts: 47

The forums' r for COMMUNICATING about these games and our opinions of them, if you want a showcase, go to the game's site

• darkb457darkb457 Member CommonPosts: 47

I played it and actually it sucks, no customization, no skill in playing and not even decent sound

• KrygonKrygon Member Posts: 24

wow. after reading all of that all i can say is. wow.

Some people talk about how good it is, and one troll that played the game 'for a year and a half' cant stop talking about how bad it is. He played it for a year and a half and hates it, so how long would someone play it if they liked it?

Well you guys have convinced me. I'm going to try this game out myself.