Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please list me the big upcomming P2P non-asian MMORPG's.

2»

Comments

• MaggotscreamMaggotscream Member Posts: 284

Who cares where it's from?

If it's fun, play it, if not .. don't.

• ale_jrbale_jrb Member Posts: 30

Originally posted by Inferum

Originally posted by DeaconX
    -created by ArenaNet, a Seattle game development studio and a subsidiary of the South Korean game publisher NCsoft.  [Those crazy Asian ppl in Seattle huh?]

-ArenaNet is a computer game developer and part of NCsoft Corporation, founded in 2000 by Mike O'Brien, Patrick Wyatt and Jeff Strain, former Blizzard Entertainment members that played important roles in developing the highly successful computer games Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, Diablo II, and the Battle.net gaming network.

.... and i have no clue what you're basing the 2012 BioWare release date on.... 2009 has been stated many times and the devs are already playtesting, though how much of it is complete is unknown.

No no, lower. A lot of people are needed to make the game, you just listed the higher ups. Music is not Korean. But modelling, animation etc... are all korean made. Character models in GW Looks exactly like SUN, ZeRA, AION etc... Coincidence? No it's all korean made.

About Bioware, hum 2009 is going to be pushed back to 2010 or 2011. You know how it works...

The. Devs. Are. American. And. So. Is. The. Company.

How can that possibly be Korean.  <_<

_______
    "Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate"

Looking forward to: Aion
    Played: WoW, Guild Wars

• MaggotscreamMaggotscream Member Posts: 284

This is the type of discussion that happens when people decide to label games with race.

• InferumInferum Member UncommonPosts: 141

Originally posted by ale_jrb

-created by ArenaNet, a Seattle game development studio and a subsidiary of the South Korean game publisher NCsoft.  [Those crazy Asian ppl in Seattle huh?]

-ArenaNet is a computer game developer and part of NCsoft Corporation, founded in 2000 by Mike O'Brien, Patrick Wyatt and Jeff Strain, former Blizzard Entertainment members that played important roles in developing the highly successful computer games Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, Diablo II, and the Battle.net gaming network.

.... and i have no clue what you're basing the 2012 BioWare release date on.... 2009 has been stated many times and the devs are already playtesting, though how much of it is complete is unknown.

No no, lower. A lot of people are needed to make the game, you just listed the higher ups. Music is not Korean. But modelling, animation etc... are all korean made. Character models in GW Looks exactly like SUN, ZeRA, AION etc... Coincidence? No it's all korean made.

About Bioware, hum 2009 is going to be pushed back to 2010 or 2011. You know how it works...

The. Devs. Are. American. And. So. Is. The. Company.

How can that possibly be Korean.  <_<

Those nice shiny shoes you paid a hundred bucks for from Nike, the same Nike who like to say that those shoes are "100% american" are in reality chinese made. The same can be said about Guild Wars.

How can Ys VI from Falcom be Korean if the company is Japanese???!!!

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/data/919353.html Zhang Zheng? That doesn't sound very japanese, now does it?

Falcom used cheap Korean labor, same as Nike uses cheap chinese labor and same. Yes some of the cast of GW where Occidentals, but the rest where Koreans. That's where Guild Wars got it's look-alike look from many other Korean MMO's.

Would you say a movie who's producer and director are american but the whole acting cast is japanese to be american or japanese? I'd say it is a japanese movie.

Originally posted by Maggotscream

This is the type of discussion that happens when people decide to label games with race.

Koreans are a race of their own? Last time I cheked they where part of the asian race... just like the Japanese.

Huxley might turn out to be cool, but that's about it. All the others are mindless desu korean grinders.

• pb1285npb1285n Member Posts: 505

Koreans are a race of their own? Last time I cheked they where part of the asian race... just like the Japanese.

Huxley might turn out to be cool, but that's about it. All the others are mindless desu korean grinders.

http://www.arena.net/team.php

Wow, and it was right on the homepage.

Also AOC and WAR seem more like "Asian grinders" then Aion and GW2. If you were keeping up to date with development both are stated to release lacking alot of the extra features and you said GoH looked good and that was pure grind through and through (which is why it was put on "hold"). You obviously don't know how to pick them.  Guild Wars has always been known to be mainly story and pvp driven content. What makes you think GW2 will be any different? The only Grind found in GW was from item collecting and that was optional since you could get the best armor and items with little to no grind. If anything you could argue that deep PvE gameplay is what GW lacks.

• bleyzwunbleyzwun Member UncommonPosts: 1,087

lol... 

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

Who designed GW is not Korean FFS, stop insulting people intelligence.

So, because Nike produce its shoes in China, then Nike is Chinese?

C'mon get a grip mate.

Originally posted by pb1285n

Also AOC and WAR seem more like "Asian grinders" then Aion and GW2. If you were keeping up to date with development both are stated to release lacking alot of the extra features and you said GoH looked good and that was pure grind through and through (which is why it was put on "hold"). You obviously don't know how to pick them.  Guild Wars has always been known to be mainly story and pvp driven content. What makes you think GW2 will be any different? The only Grind found in GW was from item collecting and that was optional since you could get the best armor and items with little to no grind. If anything you could argue that deep PvE gameplay is what GW lacks.

Well in that case, you can get your shitty korean grinders AION and GW2, while I enjoy both of those great games that are AoC and WAR :). No one wants your unoriginal grinders that have been done over 9000 times.

And to answer that other guys question, no Nike isn't chinese but it's production is chinese obviously.

About the areanet, that is only 1 part of the team. NCsoft, provided it's own part of the team which where Koreans.

• pb1285npb1285n Member Posts: 505

About the areanet, that is only 1 part of the team. NCsoft, provided it's own part of the team which where Koreans.

Wow you ask a question yet you seem to know the answer you wanted to hear, so why ask the question in the first place?

I hope you enjoy AoC and WAR, because they are both exactly like every other MMO on the market now. Though if you want to keep telling yourself they'll be different then go right ahead.

Also you talk alot but can't seem to show proof of your claim.

• mackdawg19mackdawg19 Member UncommonPosts: 842

So what was the point of the thread? It's funny how you asked people to help you with your list, yet bash them after they post. What are you 6. Only reason im reading this ridiculous post is because im bored. And apparently so is the op, since he can't manage to know where games come from. Arena.net is an american based company. If you can't see that then you need to go back to geography. I dont see how you read seattle based company, and get its an asian game. Just because the have NCsoft teams working with them does NOT make them korean based game. Thats like saying 3 mexicans work at taco bell, so it must be real mexican food. Seriously though, this thread should just stop. Apparently the op made a thread to bash you once you posted a game, so whats the point of helping him. If you cant figure out a good game then go play atari and start all over. Game, set, point!

• CathalaodeCathalaode Member Posts: 281

Originally posted by GormandY
    The Chronicles of Spellborn

Yes, I forgot this one, thanks!

Looks like it could make some people happy, but not my cup of tea.

Guildwars 2

Desu Korean Grinder

I take it that you haven't played GW... It's instanced/quest based. Very little grinding.

Darkfall

Vaporware

Normally I'd agree, but the Asp interview makes it seem a lot more real.

Fury

I wouldn't call it a big MMORPG, it's mainly PvP anyways. It's looks okay though, but they need to fix this performance problem though.

It's like GW except with 100% focus on the GW endgame.

Pirates of the Burning Sea

Not big.

Pretty big.

Aion

Desu Korean Grinder.

No argument here, but only because I haven't researched it yet.

Umm, yes, yes they are. Just like the Japanese, Chinese, Mongolian, etc. Asia isn't a race, it's a continent. If I were to say that Scottish people and English people were the same, I'd get a Glascowvian Kiss (not good).

• bleyzwunbleyzwun Member UncommonPosts: 1,087
    Originally posted by Cathalaode

Umm, yes, yes they are. Just like the Japanese, Chinese, Mongolian, etc. Asia isn't a race, it's a continent. If I were to say that Scottish people and English people were the same, I'd get a Glascowvian Kiss (not good).

No disrespect, but Asian is a race...  The thing is GW IS NOT KOREAN!!!!!!!!!   Plain and simple, it's just not a Korean game, get over it.  Also, I highly doubt Aion will be a grinder.  It's been stated many times that it will be quest based, and cater to the western market.  I'm done with this thread.  If you can't figure out what's what by now,  I can't help you anymore. 

• bonobotheorybonobotheory Member UncommonPosts: 1,007

Originally posted by Dhaeman

you consider TCoS big but not PotBS?

PotBS no one ever heard of it outside of MMO.com, go to other forums and you will mostly see Age of Conan and WAR. I guess TCoS comes 3rd, as most expected.

Any more names? I am getting a new comp to run the upcomming MMORPG's!

Since you only consider a game "big" if everyone is talking about it, why even ask for a list?  Any game that would make your list is a game you already know about.

The Chronicles of Spellborn

Yes, I forgot this one, thanks!

Looks like it could make some people happy, but not my cup of tea.

Guildwars 2

Desu Korean Grinder

I take it that you haven't played GW... It's instanced/quest based. Very little grinding.

Darkfall

Vaporware

Normally I'd agree, but the Asp interview makes it seem a lot more real.

Fury

I wouldn't call it a big MMORPG, it's mainly PvP anyways. It's looks okay though, but they need to fix this performance problem though.

It's like GW except with 100% focus on the GW endgame.

Not big.

Pretty big.

Aion

Desu Korean Grinder.

No argument here, but only because I haven't researched it yet.

Chronicles of Spellborn

The game isn't released yet, wait for it it might be good or not. From the videos I saw though, not really impressed. I mean it's good, but considering Q1 2008 is the same time WAR and AoC gets released, it's just not in the same league.

Guild Wars

I haven't played it? Yes I did indeed played it, it's grinder trough and trough. You grind to reach max level after that, you can "pwn" people in arenas PvP or fight against Koreans and Europeans. Lol no thanks.

Fury

Yes.

Maybe big on MMORPG.com, just like LOTRO is big on mmorpg.com. Doesn't mean it's mainstream "big".

Aion

Won't be any different, as long as the billion of chinese and million of Koreans are going to spend money and time on grinders, korean mmo's aren't going to change their formulas. Why should they?

Originally posted by bonobotheory

Originally posted by Dhaeman

you consider TCoS big but not PotBS?

PotBS no one ever heard of it outside of MMO.com, go to other forums and you will mostly see Age of Conan and WAR. I guess TCoS comes 3rd, as most expected.

Any more names? I am getting a new comp to run the upcomming MMORPG's!

Since you only consider a game "big" if everyone is talking about it, why even ask for a list?  Any game that would make your list is a game you already know about.

Hum no? Notice I just almost never come on mmorpg.com or don't even pay attention to MMO's in general. But since 2008 look to be a good year for MMO's (just like 2007 was supposed to be, but failed misrably) I had to ask.

• EllronEllron Member Posts: 3

Hero's Journey?

• brett7018brett7018 Member UncommonPosts: 181

WAR and AoC....PoTBS is incredibly boring after about an hour of the same thing over and over. 

Wow you ask a question yet you seem to know the answer you wanted to hear, so why ask the question in the first place?

I hope you enjoy AoC and WAR, because they are both exactly like every other MMO on the market now. Though if you want to keep telling yourself they'll be different then go right ahead.

Also you talk alot but can't seem to show proof of your claim.

Well one thing for sure, you seem to enjoy gloating alot about your love for Korean grinders. Good thing 90% of mmorpg.com will disagree with you people. What a goddamn failure lol.

Originally posted by Ellron

Hero's Journey?

Thanks man! Any news on when it might be released?

Originally posted by brett7018

WAR and AoC....PoTBS is incredibly boring after about an hour of the same thing over and over. 

Thanks for the tip ;), that's the kind of stuff I don't like in MMO's.

Originally posted by bleyzwun

No disrespect, but Asian is a race...  The thing is GW IS NOT KOREAN!!!!!!!!!   Plain and simple, it's just not a Korean game, get over it.  Also, I highly doubt Aion will be a grinder.  It's been stated many times that it will be quest based, and cater to the western market.  I'm done with this thread.  If you can't figure out what's what by now,  I can't help you anymore. 

No, Asian is a group of similar races. There are genetic differences between the individual Asian groups. You can see them quite clearly in some cases. Aion, I'm iffy about. GW may not be Korean but it sure tastes like it at points.