Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

POLL: Should Gods and Heroes advertising and game listing be removed now that it is no longer in act

ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

Simple enough: games listed in the game list here on mmorpg.com are intended for games released/in beta/ in development. Gods and Heroes no longer meets any of these things. Should it be removed?

Edit: Damn it, why can't the poll be edited to add "NO" since it decided to post itself before I got to add it.

*sigh* If you vote "No", simply post your vote.

Comments

• KeoghKeogh Member Posts: 1,099

Remove it completely and don't look back.

"Don't corpse-camp that idea. Its never gonna rez"
    Bladezz (The Guild)

• mmonkeymmonkey Member Posts: 171

Leave it up for a couple of weeks so people casually following this game can find out it's going away.

• xluciferxxluciferx Member Posts: 162

Fixed the poll.

Please remember that a biased poll doesn't attract people to your thread.

• mackdawg19mackdawg19 Member UncommonPosts: 842

Seeing as its not done with and is just on indefinate hold like so many other games on this site, it should stay. Just FYI, warhammer was put on hold twice and still managed to stay on this site, so have a few others. On another note, every poll is biased. There will never be a poll that isn't biased .

• joeybootsjoeyboots Member UncommonPosts: 628

Since it is on "indefinate hold", and not cancelled, I believe at the very least the forums for the game should stay up, but everything else should be wiped. Like a previous poster mentioned, there are other games that have been put on hold in the past, but forums on here have remained active.

• IndeedIndeed Member Posts: 62

No, there have never been so many posts about this game as now, we still need the game listing.

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    Originally posted by xluciferx

Fixed the poll.

Please remember that a biased poll doesn't attract people to your thread.

No, the thread title brings them to the thread.

If you read the first post, you can see that I addressed that. The stupid thing posted itself in the middle of making it, and I couldn't get the damn poll to edit. Which is why I said if the vote was no, to just post "no". Wouldn't be hard to add them to the overall vote with some simple math. And your poll does no better, since you left out the option for leaving the forums open.

By the way, I voted to leave the forums, but delete the gamelist entry and advertising.

• ghoul31ghoul31 Member Posts: 1,955

what would the point be to keep it listed? If they ever start working on it again, they can always put it back up

• Die_ScreamDie_Scream Member Posts: 1,785

If the developers are dropping it, probably a safe bet we can forget about it.

• DracusDracus Member Posts: 1,449

Voted to Drop but keep the forums listed.

Reasons: 

- PE did a drop kick on the players with no advanced warning.

- Indefinite Hold is another means of avoiding refunds for Pre-Orders.

- Speaking of which, did PE give fair... well heck, just any warning or information of how to refund a Pre-Order? Ah, NO

And that is why...

Conservatives' pessimism is conducive to their happiness in three ways. First, they are rarely surprised -- they are right more often than not about the course of events. Second, when they are wrong they are happy to be so. Third, because pessimistic conservatives put not their faith in princes -- government -- they accept that happiness is a function of fending for oneself. They believe that happiness is an activity -- it is inseparable from the pursuit of happiness.

• zOMGREIzOMGREI Member Posts: 228

Vote to remove listings and ads; but keep forums.

At least until the pre-order business gets sorted out.

This isn't like Mourning or DnL where the company closed down.  These guys still have an active license as of the time of this post, and there still is a chance (however slim) that it may get released.  Burying the past for the sake of the future is not a wise decision.

• AzorithAzorith Member UncommonPosts: 188

Leave the forums up and locked until developement starts again, or stops completely.

• StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

Originally posted by Zorvan

Simple enough: games listed in the game list here on mmorpg.com are intended for games released/in beta/ in development. Gods and Heroes no longer meets any of these things. Should it be removed?
    Edit: Damn it, why can't the poll be edited to add "NO" since it decided to post itself before I got to add it.

Greetings,

Just to let everyone know what's going on. In the event of a cancellation or in this case and indefinite hold, we tend to leave the game on the list for a while so that people can talk about the decision and anything else they would like about the game.

After some time, the game list entry and the forums will be removed.

Cheers,
    Jon Wood
    Managing Editor
    MMORPG.com

• JonMichaelJonMichael Member Posts: 796

It should be left up.. just like DnL, so that prospective PE customers can see how poorly they managed the cancellation of this game.

Currently: AION, an MMO Beta under NDA
    Played: WAR, LOTRO, Hellgate: London, CoX, GW, SotNW, DAOC, EQ2, SWG, WoW, AO, Horizons, Second Life, There, TSO
    Beta'd: There, Second Life, EQ2, DAOC:LotM, LOTRO, Tabula Rasa, Gods and Heroes, Hellgate: London, Requiem:Bloodymare, AoC, WAR, DDO, Fallen Earth

• AwesominityAwesominity Member UncommonPosts: 93

Originally posted by Stradden

Originally posted by Zorvan

Greetings,

Just to let everyone know what's going on. In the event of a cancellation or in this case and indefinite hold, we tend to leave the game on the list for a while so that people can talk about the decision and anything else they would like about the game.

After some time, the game list entry and the forums will be removed.

What I thought should happen, but I voted remove it completely. As in all eventually, not all at the same time.

Don't really see the point in leaving everything up after everyone has been informed when the game isn't being developed any longer. Forum spcae can be used for better things.

Originally posted by JonMichael

It should be left up.. just like DnL, so that prospective PE customers can see how poorly they managed the cancellation of this game.

Sad thing is, DnL was left up not only as a warning, but because the game is still going.

DnL still going, GnH trashed before release. Yeah, PE is going to go far in the mmo world.......

• kori1119kori1119 Member Posts: 10

No, there have never been so many posts about this game as now

Originally posted by kori1119

No, there have never been so many posts about this game as now

You realize you just responded to a two year old thread? So, I believe you are wrong.