Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

How the H do I unsubscribe from Star Wars Galaxies?

AikesAikes NY, NYPosts: 292Member

I have an account running there still, I have tried it for several months and everyone on my server moved to Bloodfin. Now only about 2 to 5 are PvPing in restuss on Kauri server with any regularity and so I decided to nisubscribe but when I go to my account management page and then go to the area listed as the place to view, change, or cancel accounts, there is no option to end, cancel, unsubscribe, or otherwise stop payment for my account. I have sent several e-mails to SOE without recieving a reply as of yet.

 

I had no trouble getting into the monthly scheduled payment but getting out means I have to stop payment thru my credit card company or does anyone know of some "hidden" link to unsubscribe from SOE?

I know I know, some of you told me so. I went and tried and in the end I only hope that the next time Torres and Smedley take their $100k+  vehicles in for an oil change that the manufacturure hands them back a Ford Pinto in exchange and tells them its all part of the license agreement so that they can get a taste of how much they have retarded and regressed Star Wars Galaxies into the lump of poodoo it is and has been since the Combat Dumbdown went into effect.

"SWG was a world, now it's just a game" -adamrk-

"When the game was good, you didn't have to ask where the population was, because it was everywhere. When the game was good you didn't have to ask which server had population, because they all did. When the game was good you didn't have to beg friends to give it a try, because they were already playing. " - Salty Pete

Comments

  • ormstungaormstunga sthlmPosts: 736Member
    Originally posted by Aikes


    I have an account running there still, I have tried it for several months and everyone on my server moved to Bloodfin. Now only about 2 to 5 are PvPing in restuss on Kauri server with any regularity and so I decided to nisubscribe but when I go to my account management page and then go to the area listed as the place to view, change, or cancel accounts, there is no option to end, cancel, unsubscribe, or otherwise stop payment for my account. I have sent several e-mails to SOE without recieving a reply as of yet.
     
    I had no trouble getting into the monthly scheduled payment but getting out means I have to stop payment thru my credit card company or does anyone know of some "hidden" link to unsubscribe from SOE?
    I know I know, some of you told me so. I went and tried and in the end I only hope that the next time Torres and Smedley take their $100k+  vehicles in for an oil change that the manufacturure hands them back a Ford Pinto in exchange and tells them its all part of the license agreement so that they can get a taste of how much they have retarded and regressed Star Wars Galaxies into the lump of poodoo it is and has been since the Combat Dumbdown went into effect.



    Ye I remember the hassle to unsubscribe lol. I dunno if they changed it but I had to go via the 'expansion' tab for some reason if I remember correctly haha. good luck

  • TaniquetilTaniquetil LondonPosts: 214Member

    Well , maybe you just want to make the point you cancelled....but if you dont

     

    I got to cancel my sub from the SWG launcher "my account" logged into station , hit accoutn subs and the option was there to cancel / re-sub (ha! not likely)

     

  • Originally posted by Taniquetil


    Well , maybe you just want to make the point you cancelled....but if you dont
     
    I got to cancel my sub from the SWG launcher "my account" logged into station , hit accoutn subs and the option was there to cancel / re-sub (ha! not likely)
     

    Same thing i've always done each time I cancel. (About 2 or so times a year due to playing other games or just not playing and I have never had an issue canceling). One time I canceled and I got a charge after it, and had the cancelation notice on hand. I called em up and got a refund on it as well. I gotta say for all the trouble people have I must just have an incredible string of luck with SOE billing rofl and customer service.

  • ObraikObraik ChristchurchPosts: 7,261Member

    Here's how you can cancel without getting the credit card companies involved ;)

    1.  Go to the forus and click the "My Account" link at the very top.  Login to the new page wit the account you want to cancel.

    2.  On the next page, click "Subscriptions Info."  You'll then see a list of all the games you have had on your Station account.

    3.  Look in the SWG section on the page and then click the "Cancel" button.

    image

    image

  • Nikoz78Nikoz78 Houston, TXPosts: 909Member

    This reminds me of a hilarious video from November 2005.

    http://ngedidit.ytmnd.com/

    image


    I miss the good ol' days when nerds were actually intelligent.

  • ReklawReklaw Am.Posts: 6,478Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Nikoz78


    This reminds me of a hilarious video from November 2005.
    http://ngedidit.ytmnd.com/

  • AikesAikes NY, NYPosts: 292Member

    Originally posted by Taniquetil


    Well , maybe you just want to make the point you cancelled....but if you dont
     
    I got to cancel my sub from the SWG launcher "my account" logged into station , hit accoutn subs and the option was there to cancel / re-sub (ha! not likely)
     

     

    Sarcasm from people who hate SWG, sarcasm from people who still play, this game has done wonders for community stability.

    I was perma banned long ago from the forums so maybe thats why I am having difficulty. Im no 13 yr old, I am just tired of paying when I haven't been playing for months.

    I didn't mean to step on anyone's emotional toes here, I was simply looking for an answer. Thanks Obraik for just answering.

    I got there using the launchpad and may have just not remembered how to do it (the page looked familiar).

    Sorry to have stirred the pot, heaven forbid. Its good to be out of all of it....

     

    "SWG was a world, now it's just a game" -adamrk-

    "When the game was good, you didn't have to ask where the population was, because it was everywhere. When the game was good you didn't have to ask which server had population, because they all did. When the game was good you didn't have to beg friends to give it a try, because they were already playing. " - Salty Pete

  • GutboyGutboy Sacramento, CAPosts: 630Member

    Last week Kauri had 122 toons with PvP kills, 21 had 100 or more kills. I guess some PvP goes on. 

     

  • zOMGREIzOMGREI Medford, NJPosts: 228Member
    Originally posted by Gutboy


    Last week Kauri had 122 toons with PvP kills, 21 had 100 or more kills. I guess some PvP goes on. 
     



    But is that what one would expect from a massively multiplayer game?

  • GutboyGutboy Sacramento, CAPosts: 630Member

    That was the total from 1 server, the total from all servers was:

    525,180 PvP kills last week

    That only includes the kills by the 10,769 officers. Since there are vastly more non-ranked officers that total kill count is much higher.

  • zOMGREIzOMGREI Medford, NJPosts: 228Member
    Originally posted by Gutboy


    That was the total from 1 server, the total from all servers was:
    525,180 PvP kills last week
    That only includes the kills by the 10,769 officers. Since there are vastly more non-ranked officers that total kill count is much higher.



    But that kind of misses the point.



    By that logic, I could claim BF2142 is a MMOFPS.  I mean, there's thousands of people playing that as well, and hundreds of thousands of kills weekly on that too.

  • Esquire1980Esquire1980 Stillwater, OKPosts: 529Member

    Kauri is dead now,  RIP  And we still have some PVP on Kauri.  Last night, a big battle,  4 on 4.

    This is what C6CD did for SWG.  Before C6, we had over 350 officers in the GCW.  Last night, I spoke with the guild leader of SOB who told me he made an alt on Bria.  When I asked him how the population was, he replied that it was alot like Kauri when we started playing. 

    So if u think it's only Kauri or a few others?  If it can happen to Kauri, it can happen to all the servers.

    OP sorry to see you go.

    Oemore

  • TaniquetilTaniquetil LondonPosts: 214Member
    Originally posted by Aikes


     
    Originally posted by Taniquetil


    Well , maybe you just want to make the point you cancelled....but if you dont
     
    I got to cancel my sub from the SWG launcher "my account" logged into station , hit accoutn subs and the option was there to cancel / re-sub (ha! not likely)
     

     

     

    Sarcasm from people who hate SWG, sarcasm from people who still play, this game has done wonders for community stability.

    I was perma banned long ago from the forums so maybe thats why I am having difficulty. Im no 13 yr old, I am just tired of paying when I haven't been playing for months.

    I didn't mean to step on anyone's emotional toes here, I was simply looking for an answer. Thanks Obraik for just answering.

    I got there using the launchpad and may have just not remembered how to do it (the page looked familiar).

    Sorry to have stirred the pot, heaven forbid. Its good to be out of all of it....

     

    Geez , calm down  ......I was actually trying to help you.Its so hard on these forums to work out whose trolling and who ain't - I GAVE YOU THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT . Sarcasm was not switched on  - chill

  • ObraikObraik ChristchurchPosts: 7,261Member
    Originally posted by Aikes


     
    Originally posted by Taniquetil


    Well , maybe you just want to make the point you cancelled....but if you dont
     
    I got to cancel my sub from the SWG launcher "my account" logged into station , hit accoutn subs and the option was there to cancel / re-sub (ha! not likely)
     

     

     

    Sarcasm from people who hate SWG, sarcasm from people who still play, this game has done wonders for community stability.

    I was perma banned long ago from the forums so maybe thats why I am having difficulty. Im no 13 yr old, I am just tired of paying when I haven't been playing for months.

    I didn't mean to step on anyone's emotional toes here, I was simply looking for an answer. Thanks Obraik for just answering.

    I got there using the launchpad and may have just not remembered how to do it (the page looked familiar).

    Sorry to have stirred the pot, heaven forbid. Its good to be out of all of it....

     



    They recently revamped the Accounts website (with that 14 hour downtime a few weeks back) which is probably why you got lost :)

    image

    image

  • TeknoBugTeknoBug Calgary, ABPosts: 2,156Member

    I had a problem with their subscription system when I stopped playing, I paid for 6 months through CC but they charged me for another 6 months.  What sense does that make when you pay ONLY for 6 months and get automatically charged again?  I didn't log in at all during the following 6 months, but I went to my account's subscrption page and hit "cancel" then you won't get charged anymore.

    If you are using a game card then you're SOL, game is active until the sub runs up.

    image
    image

Sign In or Register to comment.