Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lord of the Rings Online: Gollum Concept Art and Models

SzarkSzark News ManagerMember Posts: 4,420

Turbine has sent over concept art and images of Gollum, a character both pitied and despised in Lord of the Rings lore. This misunderstood and unfortunate creature is set to make an appearance in Book 11, the next content update for Lord of the Rings Online: the Shadows of Angmar.

You can veiw the rest of the images here.

Comments

• SirPeterSirPeter Member UncommonPosts: 33

awesome JUST awesome

even years ago when i read the books and later at the movie i had a pitty and lil love for Gollum

he was one of the most impressive characters of tolkien

great to meet him soon

• PerjurePerjure Member UncommonPosts: 250

I do agree that the images are very close to the movies depiction, however they are also close to my own interpretation of what he would look like.  Just happy that he is finally in the game.

• NullapaxNullapax Member Posts: 401

Originally posted by Itanius

Very well done, although I thought I read that they weren't going to use any artistic influence from the movies.

Very nice nonetheless!
    I feel there are quite a few models copied almost direct from the movies.

The Black Arrows in Monsterplay are the most obvious. I can't recall any Orc ( or Uruk's ) ever being described in the book that would fit the way they look.

Still I agree that this looks just fine

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615

Very well done, although I thought I read that they weren't going to use any artistic influence from the movies.

Very nice nonetheless!
    Please keep in mind the movies were based on the books. As far as i recall, Tolkin only described gollum one way.

Even in "The hobbit" (Where the best discriptions can be found, its simmular.

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615

Originally posted by Mrbloodworth

Please keep in mind the movies were based on the books. As far as i recall, Tolkin only described gollum one way.

Even in "The hobbit" (Where the best discriptions can be found, its simmular.

Wait, that never occurred to me. Brilliant!

Glad i could help you out then.

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me