Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

3D gaming is great but...

EDIT-- in the following I forgot Age of Wonders and disciples...these could easily be overhauled into MMo's!!! love those 2 !

I love 3d gaming, but am I the only one that thinks an isometric view would be a nice change of pace for MMO's once in a while?

Yes there are a spattering of non 3d MMO's but none I tried even begin to make use of the idea very well.

Take baldurs gate ( preferably the 2nd one) or diablo ( again preferably diablo II ) or even better Lord of the rings battle for middle earth, these games still manage to be my favorites. Surely we could go new places IN mmo's by using this graphic style.

If you have played Lord of the Rings-Battle for Middle Earth or Company of Heroes you know how amazing these graphics can be. I am not saying 3d is not as good or better, But if done correctly it would be a nice change of pace for me.

Anyone agree?

Comments

• War_DancerWar_Dancer Member Posts: 941

I really like some isometric games (Baldur's Gate, Fallout 1 and 2) but for an mmo I prefer 3rd person view. Just my personal taste though and not a strong enough one that I wouldn't play an isometric MMO if the rest of it was done in ways I like.

• GuileGuile Member Posts: 37

www.lom3europe.com

and

www.legendofmir.net

Both 2d Isometric MMO's, both quite fun too, with trials for each.

• DesetesDesetes Member UncommonPosts: 88

CoH and Bfme are RTSs.....

• DeathreatDeathreat Member UncommonPosts: 143

If you like 2D try http://www.tibia.com/news/index.php?subtopic=latestnews one of my favorite all time MMOs. Still play it.

• FeyshteyFeyshtey Member UncommonPosts: 137

Most MMO's allow for you to move the camera. And most allow that camera placement to be an isometric view. Change it up whenever you like. Why would it matter what other people's views looked like?

-Feyshtey-

• ale_jrbale_jrb Member Posts: 30

I have no love of isometric views, personally, but each to their own, I suppose.

_______
    "Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate"

Looking forward to: Aion
    Played: WoW, Guild Wars

• ScriarScriar Member Posts: 772

Isometric games can be good, maybe a good 3d isometric game would be fun if done right, it would be easy on the system specs as well im sure.

Tactics orge Let us cling together has got to be the best isometric game i have played, the series took a back seat though since the guys that made it decided to make final fantasy tactics, new orge games arent that good. You can tell what the old ones are btw since all the old titles are Queen songs.

I think if Nintendo ever did a pokemon mmo it would probably be isometric, i think they could do it so it somehow worked with the ds as well.