Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gods and Heroes: Final Exclusive Screens

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

As we all know, last night, Gods & Heroes was put on "indefinite hold". MMORPG.com has these final exclusive screenshots from the game that will likely never see store shelves.

Check out the feature here.

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• LuRaviLuRavi Member UncommonPosts: 239

Another example of how out of touch with actual gamers that Stradden would post this. As actual news.

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    Originally posted by LuRavi

Another example of how out of touch with actual gamers that Stradden would post this. As actual news.

What do you mean? Consideing his statement of this being a game that will probably never reach store shelves, I'd say he's pretty much right along with the community. And since they had these few remaining screenshots sitting around, why not post them where people can look if they want?

• noxdraconisnoxdraconis Member Posts: 39

I don't think he posted this as news.  More like a memorial...

~nox

• zOMGREIzOMGREI Member Posts: 228
    Originally posted by noxdraconis

I don't think he posted this as news.  More like a memorial...

~nox

Or as an example for other publishers to think twice before unleashing an abomination like this one unto the gaming masses.

Seriously, I know graphics aren't everything...but come on.  It's not so much the quality as it is that there just seems like there's something..."off"...about them.

• DracusDracus Member Posts: 1,449

Simple way to cut cost and still make some revenue...

Make the game into a Light Version, PvP Ladder System, Free-2-Play with ads.

Sure the game won't be at it should have been, but there will be some people who will play, and thus provide some revenue.  Then later on, begin to expand it.

But oh well...

And that is why...

Conservatives' pessimism is conducive to their happiness in three ways. First, they are rarely surprised -- they are right more often than not about the course of events. Second, when they are wrong they are happy to be so. Third, because pessimistic conservatives put not their faith in princes -- government -- they accept that happiness is a function of fending for oneself. They believe that happiness is an activity -- it is inseparable from the pursuit of happiness.

• joeybootsjoeyboots Member UncommonPosts: 628

I was really looking forward to this game. I played in the closed beta. So sad.......

• ajm563ajm563 Member Posts: 48

I think we could do without the personal attacks.

• ajm563ajm563 Member Posts: 48

Originally posted by joeyboots

I was really looking forward to this game. I played in the closed beta. So sad.......

I didn't get to play the beta but I too was looking forward to this game.  I also think the screens look good.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Originally posted by ajm563

I think we could do without the personal attacks.

LOL...yeah, if I was in charge like Stradden is LuRavi would have got a short vacation......

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• RudedawgCDNRudedawgCDN Member UncommonPosts: 507

Ah.... did you actually read the post that went with the screenshots?

• FynDaraFynDara Member Posts: 1

What is it now days?

Can't you show even a little respect for the work of others.   No matter what you *personally* think of the game, there's been a lot of hard work and personal investment put into the making it and this announcement is a sad thing for many people.

These kind of comments are  worse than laughing at a funeral, it's like . . . like . . . spitting on the coffin

I too was looking forward to this game and I'm saddened with this news.   I'd like to wish the best of luck to those moving on and also thank the support people as I found them to be very nice, dedicated and helpful.

~ FynDara ~

Originally posted by FynDara

What is it now days?
    Can't you show even a little respect for the work of others.   No matter what you *personally* think of the game, there's been a lot of hard work and personal investment put into the making it and this announcement is a sad thing for many people.
    These kind of comments are  worse than laughing at a funeral, it's like . . . like . . . spitting on the coffin
    I too was looking forward to this game and I'm saddened with this news.   I'd like to wish the best of luck to those moving on and also thank the support people as I found them to be very nice, dedicated and helpful.

No, there wasn't.  If you were in the beta, you would have seen that a lot of it was an amateur rush job, the entire skill/talent system was an almost carbon copy of WoW.  In the most literal sense possible.  I'm not just saying that, you could rename the skills and talents and you had G&H (or WoW).

PE were assholes to their fans as well, so it's quite satisfying to see them get their comeuppance to say the least.

• BakgrindBakgrind Member UncommonPosts: 423
    Originally posted by zOMGREI

No, there wasn't.  If you were in the beta, you would have seen that a lot of it was an amateur rush job, the entire skill/talent system was an almost carbon copy of WoW.  In the most literal sense possible.  I'm not just saying that, you could rename the skills and talents and you had G&H (or WoW).

PE were assholes to their fans as well, so it's quite satisfying to see them get their comeuppance to say the least.

According to a lot of posters on this forum as well as off sites forums Every MMO ( or so we are lead to believe )  out there copies WOW's talent formulas.  And there isn't any thing wrong with taking a working system and making it your own.

Originally posted by Bakgrind

According to a lot of posters on this forum as well as off sites forums Every MMO ( or so we are lead to believe )  out there copies WOW's talent formulas.  And there isn't any thing wrong with taking a working system and making it your own.

No, you really don't understand.  The classes and their skills were literally just renamed versions of the ones in WoW.  It's not just taking the formula and adapting it for the game, it was a blatant facsimile.

LOTRO is an example of taking the WoW formula and making it your own.  This was not.

• CablespiderCablespider Member UncommonPosts: 272

What is it now days?

So, when are you releasing your game? I'd love to see it. You can obviously do much better than that amateur bunch, right?

Originally posted by Cablespider

What is it now days?

So, when are you releasing your game? I'd love to see it. You can obviously do much better than that amateur bunch, right?

Because you have to be a developer to criticize something.

Next time my History professor starts talking about WW2, I'll tell him to shut the fuck up because he didn't fight in it.

What is it now days?

Next time my History professor starts talking about WW2, I'll tell him to shut the fuck up because he didn't fight in it.

Critizing the game is one thing. Sitting back and shitting on a groups work is another. You have no idea what they went through. When you say, "No, there wasn't", you claim to know what you don't. Take some responsibility in the statement.

What is it now days?

Critizing the game is one thing. Sitting back and shitting on a groups work is another. You have no idea what they went through. When you say, "No, there wasn't", you claim to know what you don't. Take some responsibility in the statement.

You obviously have no idea as to how these people treated their community.

Stop using tired logic like the "OLOLOLOLOL U HAEV TO MAKE UR OWN GAME TO CRITICIZE", seriously.  It's flawed logic, and always has been.

The project was a failure, they know it, everyone knows it.  They tried as long as possible to try and deny it.  Just take a look at how they shit all over the ST community.

There's *no* effort involved in lifting another game's system wholesale, renaming the skills, classes and talents, and then trying to claim it as original work.  None.

What is it now days?

Stop using tired logic like the "OLOLOLOLOL U HAEV TO MAKE UR OWN GAME TO CRITICIZE", seriously.  It's flawed logic, and always has been.

The project was a failure, they know it, everyone knows it.  They tried as long as possible to try and deny it.  Just take a look at how they shit all over the ST community.

Step back a minute...you replied to a post that recognized the teams hard work. You claimed they didn't work hard with your opening statement. I'm calling you on that and not your opinion of the game itself. So slow your roll and quit going off track.

What is it now days?

Step back a minute...you replied to a post that recognized the teams hard work. You claimed they didn't work hard with your opening statement. I'm calling you on that and not your opinion of the game itself. So slow your roll and quit going off track.

Because my opinion differs from the OP, and I don't think MMORPG could get away with exposing the serious flaws this game had.

This game was a total rush job in an attempt to get some funds to keep the ST license.  There was no legitimate effort.  You can't respect "hard work" when there wasn't any.

What is it now days?

Because my opinion differs from the OP, and I don't think MMORPG could get away with exposing the serious flaws this game had.

This game was a total rush job in an attempt to get some funds to keep the ST license.  There was no legitimate effort.

Great, you keep convincing yourself of that and we'll move on.

What is it now days?

This game was a total rush job in an attempt to get some funds to keep the ST license.  There was no legitimate effort.

Great, you keep convincing yourself of that and we'll move on.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.  The mass layoffs don't lie.

• BakgrindBakgrind Member UncommonPosts: 423

Originally posted by Bakgrind

No, you really don't understand.  The classes and their skills were literally just renamed versions of the ones in WoW.  It's not just taking the formula and adapting it for the game, it was a blatant facsimile.

LOTRO is an example of taking the WoW formula and making it your own.  This was not.

Hmm , actually I currently play WOW as my MMO of choice and really saw nothing that G&H had that any MMO didn't offer. Tank, healer or ranged and casters.  But I was happy and enjoyed playing G&H while it was there.

• mackdawg19mackdawg19 Member UncommonPosts: 842

My opinons of the game were that I liked it. I wont go into detail as PE has not mentioned of the NDA being lifted. Canceling usually means the NDA is up, but this game is NOT cancelled, just put on hold. So until i hear otherwise I wont comment. I will say this though, the game DID have alot of work put into it zOM. Your comments show how much you don't know about what it takes to develop a game. And for what it was, it had alot of positives. By no means was it destined for failure. It only needed time, which PE decided to hold off on due to a better IP. This is quite understandable, as in true business, you go were the money is. And a mythological game at this point holds no ground to an amazing sci-fi with a huge player base backing. Seriously, trek conventions are nuts. They are not my cup of tea, but I see why they chose this obvious path. Its just sad that they did not think of this before inviting a mass amount of people into a game they hyped as coming out soon. Anyways, GnH will be back. They have pretty much stated this in the Eulogy. By the way, in my personal opinon with EA, and a so and so person named Chris Mckibbin, this was bound to happen. Sadly now the lead designer of the diablo series, Steig has a semi bad rep now. Hopefully he gets back with blizzard and creates Diablo 3 for the masses.

• goemoegoemoe Member UncommonPosts: 272

Most of what zOMGREI rants is simply worng, don't want to discuss it further. PE did some things seriously wrong. Doing an MMO is unlike doing normal games. PE did not start working on one but two(at least) without experience and payed for it. The graphics have been ok, the quests have been ok, the zones have been ok, but content and stability have been lacking. Even stable it would have been not enough for an successful start in the MMO world. It was all pretty average with the exception of the 'Rome Fealing' with they did great.