Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Graphics

I know the initial screen-shots provided look dated and we'll take a hit for presenting them as such.

The reasons for releasing the screen-shots as they were:

- To be listed on MMORPG.Com

- To show that we do have something of substance (even though it is virtual) rather than of just text

- To help grow and build a community

- To show the improvements being made along the way

The initial screen-shots do not include any use of Shaders, limited texturing ability and of some stocked models.  Also for testing purposes, determining if the near photo-realistic approach or stylized approach was better.  Since then we have created original models and have been phasing out the stock models; as well as, dropping the stylized method.

We're expecting to release a new set of screen-shots to show the graphical improvements in about one month's time.

Sign off,
Hamilton

Comments

• knas01knas01 Member Posts: 43

Thanks for letting us know. My only consern has just been removed.

• zerojszerojs Member Posts: 3

The screens look ok for initial development and testing i guess, lookin forward to seeing some of the new content that has been made!

• Hamilton-NEOHamilton-NEO Member Posts: 75

Yuppers, we're at work putting together a new series of screen shots.  Hope everyone will like seeing the improvements being made.

Now we could be just quite and not show anything and tell you all that things are great and exciting.  But why do that, I think it is better to be open and show the progress, and take in your feedback.

Sign off,
    Hamilton

We have some new screenshots coming along the way here.  You should notice the difference and the improvements made since the last set.

Two images so far (more and larger sizes can be seen at our site, until posted in the screenshot section here):

Sign off,
    Hamilton

• AriocArioc Member Posts: 299

Thanks for posting pics, I gotta ask are these final texture maps?

Arioc Murkwood
    Environment Artist
    Sad but true.

Still waiting on the pictures to be uploaded here...  oh well.

Are these the finalized texture maps? 

Most likely not; well actually, I can be correct in saying they are not.  What has not been applied are decals, as well as adding in details, such as scraps, dings, and such.  Also we're planning to let players to customize the schemes. 

The pictures to be provided have limited use of shaders.

Sure, most companies like to keep things quiet and only show the good things when they're ready.  But, we're trying something different, taking on a more open posture and showing the improvements being made.

Sign off,
    Hamilton

• AriocArioc Member Posts: 299

Sorry, I was actually refering to the pallets. The lack of trims or complomentry colors makes the shapes difficult to read due to the busy textures. I am not trying to play art critic, just inquiring if trim colors are going to be a customizable feature to help the shapes of the mech's pop.

Arioc Murkwood
    Environment Artist
    Sad but true.

• OrthedosOrthedos Member Posts: 1,771

Oh I love this genre.  I will wait patiently for a beta announcement.

- Orthedos

Thanks for the interest!

- Arioc:

Got it.  Right now the texturing is set for camouflage purposes, thus everything is meant to blend in with each other.  That was my decision to go along the lines of realism for military purposes.  That said however, there has been some flack about that and your comments are valid.  Although camo-schemes may work in the real-world they appear to not work out for a game world in providing drama and excitement.  In a sense, providing a dull and boring environment.

A good example would be of the color scheme of the US F-14 fighters with the Jolly Roger on the tail fins.  Originally the tail fins were gloss black with the white skull and cross bones, with the rest of the jet painted in dull gray (or haze gray).  Later the whole jet would be painted haze gray for better blending effect. 

So we're at the point of using the whole haze gray approach, and that I admit isn't working out for a game environment.  So allowing to add in some of that flashy stuff would be the step in the right direction.

Sign off,
    Hamilton

• IronHeadIronHead Member Posts: 25

the thing about that though, is that it also hasto look like how it would in real life, but cool, maybe some paint chipping, that sort of thing. because really, if you wanted to make it blend in, it's  a computer, you could make it invisable with most likely minimal effort.

• mike480mike480 Member Posts: 75

This game looks really cool.  I'm surprised I'm saying that actually, since I'm not much of a sci-fi/shooting gamer much myself.  Then again, with graphics like these (and a gameplay that looks fantastic), how couldn't  I be interested!

Cant wait for this beta :)

Thanks for the interests there.

Hoping to have something to show in about two months time.  Kind on a different path with this next implementation, but should be of interests.

Sign off,
    Hamilton