Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Redstone = I want that 15 Minutes of my life back with Interest!!!

Necroscope84Necroscope84 Member Posts: 54

I saw a game in open beta called Redstone being advertised here on mmorpg.com and thought I'd check it out. I went to their site, read some stuff and it sounded really neat.  So I downloaded the game and signed up and all that jazz then I started playing and well......I'd rather gouge my eyes with a pointed stick that has a scorpion duck taped to it.  It was painful.  I'm not the kind of person who cares about graphics but in this day and age dos type graphics for a mmo just arent' acceptable to me.  The gameplay was worse than the graphics and the sound was like listening to a wasp stinging me in the insides of my ear drums.  Heck, even this post isn't worth talking about the game. It's just that bad.  Why did I type this? I don't know.  I stubbed my toe on my Mr. Bear and hit my head on a piece of furniture and it drove me a bit batty.  But no matter. Please do not play this game.  It's that bad.  Actually it's worse and I feel so bad for the poor team of of kiddies from the Dos Front that they tied to some chairs and forced into making this garbage.  Barbara Streisand, grrrrrrr. 

Comments

• tigris67tigris67 Member UncommonPosts: 1,762

Haha, Humorous review there. Sorry you had to go through that but the game didn't seem all too great from what I saw. I don't dismiss games with poor graphics either by the way,  heck I played dragon raja for a year which probably has worse graphics than that. But still, I will heed your warning.

Hi! My name is paper. Nerf scissors, rock is fine.
    MMORPG = Mostly Men Online Roleplaying Girls
    http://www.MichaelLuckhardt.com

• badgerbadgerbadgerbadger Member Posts: 148

The net enjoyment caused by your review is now greater - barely - than the pain and suffering caused by your experience....

The balance has been restored to the universe..... OM.

Thanx!

• bonobotheorybonobotheory Member UncommonPosts: 1,007
    Originally posted by medweasel

I saw a game in open beta called Redstone being advertised here on mmorpg.com and thought I'd check it out. I went to their site, read some stuff and it sounded really neat.  So I downloaded the game and signed up and all that jazz then I started playing and well......I'd rather gouge my eyes with a pointed stick that has a scorpion duck taped to it. 

What the hell is a scorpion duck?

• ianubisiianubisi Member Posts: 4,201

My bill for the time it took me to read this worthless rant will be sent to you.

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

Originally posted by bonobotheory

I saw a game in open beta called Redstone being advertised here on mmorpg.com and thought I'd check it out. I went to their site, read some stuff and it sounded really neat.  So I downloaded the game and signed up and all that jazz then I started playing and well......I'd rather gouge my eyes with a pointed stick that has a scorpion duck taped to it. 

It's either a Scorpion with a Duck's bill or a Duck with a Scorpion's tail or maybe, just maybe he was referring to Duct Tape? You decide.

As for the game I will certainly steer clear of it as from what I've seen on the game's website and from what I've heard on the forums it seems like a total dud.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• SoultwisterSoultwister Member Posts: 93
    Originally posted by ianubisi

My bill for the time it took me to read this worthless rant will be sent to you.

actually if you had tried the game in question, you would understand the OP completely. I also tried this game, today as a matter of fact and although I refrain from ducktaping scorpions to sticks I may superglue one. yes, the games that bad!

• MeltdownMeltdown Member UncommonPosts: 1,183

Originally posted by Soultwister

actually if you had tried the game in question, you would understand the OP completely. I also tried this game, today as a matter of fact and although I refrain from ducktaping scorpions to sticks I may superglue one. yes, the games that bad!

I've been playing Redstone off and on now for a little less than a month now and would have to go with the "worthless rant" remark.

"They essentially want to say 'Correlation proves Causation' when it's just not true." - Sovrath

• Necroscope84Necroscope84 Member Posts: 54

Actually I was referring to Duct tape. The hit to my head caused by said Mr. Bear drove me ducky so I guess things got a little jarbled in my rant.  Although a Duck Scorpion does sound quit appealing.  /em breaks out his home gene splicing kit and goes to work.  But regardless of my horrible spelling and time wasting posts, please do refrain from trying this game.  If not then I will send my Mr. Bear to your house with a Stick so he can beat you silly.  And yes, the stick will have a scorpion duct taped to it.  Let's all sing along... "I'm going quackers, quack quack quack, and you can come along.......

Yes, it's a real song, sung by Donald Duck, I had it on some record as a kid and I have never been able to get that song out of my head.  Although, if you sing it really loud at a mental institution they'll give you the good blue pills.....fun times

Red Stone = and   

- that's me, omg the likeness is uncanny. I'm suing.

• MandyMandy Member Posts: 132

I totaly agree with you. 

• XicusXicus Member Posts: 55

It's crap because it was made by K2 Network a easily hacked company.

There also easily persuaded.

• ThunD2ThunD2 Member Posts: 20

Don't know alot about this game so don't get ofended with what I'll say:

It's a remade version of D2 , or looks like it.

• xnellakxxnellakx Member Posts: 62

Haha, yea, reminds me of D2 aswell.  But yea, I looked at screenies and thought to myself. (I will never...ever...play this game) x.x

• Smithm001Smithm001 Member Posts: 18
    Originally posted by bonobotheory

Haven't you ever heard of a scorpion duck?  It's half scorpion and half duck and they live in the desert and only come out at night.  I think Al Gore is going to be warning us about this creature pretty soon.  I think he's making a movie right now.

• MaNiaGGMaNiaGG Member UncommonPosts: 76

Lol, nice review, thanks for sharing ;D

• uberpwnzeruberpwnzer Member Posts: 85

I saw a game in open beta called Redstone being advertised here on mmorpg.com and thought I'd check it out. I went to their site, read some stuff and it sounded really neat.  So I downloaded the game and signed up and all that jazz then I started playing and well......I'd rather gouge my eyes with a pointed stick that has a scorpion duck taped to it.  It was painful.  I'm not the kind of person who cares about graphics but in this day and age dos type graphics for a mmo just arent' acceptable to me.  The gameplay was worse than the graphics and the sound was like listening to a wasp stinging me in the insides of my ear drums.  Heck, even this post isn't worth talking about the game. It's just that bad.  Why did I type this? I don't know.  I stubbed my toe on my Mr. Bear and hit my head on a piece of furniture and it drove me a bit batty.  But no matter. Please do not play this game.  It's that bad.  Actually it's worse and I feel so bad for the poor team of of kiddies from the Dos Front that they tied to some chairs and forced into making this garbage.  Barbara Streisand, grrrrrrr. 

He doesn't ,mean scoprion duck he means a scorpion ducktaped to a stick

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

Redstone would have been good.....in 1996. And everything K2 is crap.

• BoppingubBoppingub Member Posts: 1

THAT WOULD BE DUCT TAPE, NOT DUCK TAPE. THEY STOPPED MAKING TAPE OUT OF DUCKS BACK IN THE 1930'S AFTER THE GREAT DUCK RIOTS OF CHICAGO.

• boognish75boognish75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,540
    Originally posted by uberpwnzer

He doesn't ,mean scoprion duck he means a scorpion ducktaped to a stick

What the hell is ducktape? Is it to silence that aflackkkk duck?

playing eq2 and two worlds

• KartuhnKartuhn Member Posts: 139

This entire thread is absolutely priceless! I haven't laughed this much over a rant in quite a while! The strangest bit of all of this hilarity is that I now MUST download and attempt to play this game just to experience the mindbending, sanity ripping horror that has been described!

ps: If I start seeing duckbilled scorpions duct taped to sticks crawling around my head trying to sting me in the ears as a result of playing this... I'm definitely gonna go for the nice blue pills that were recommended

Thanks for the laughs! See ya's in the funny farm

• junzo316junzo316 Member UncommonPosts: 1,712

This thread has caused my head to hurt from the laughing.  (No need to send the bear with the pointed stick with a duck-billed scorpion tied to it.   Thanks for the laughs though 

• Baio2kBaio2k Member UncommonPosts: 162

Hehe this thread is probably the most press this game has got.

• WeareweareWeareweare Member UncommonPosts: 195
    Originally posted by Baio2k

Hehe this thread is probably the most press this game has got.

Lol, how true that is. I thought this game was going to be entertaining but because of all the crap reviews i decided not to even waste my time with this game. oh well

• maggotANUBISmaggotANUBIS Member Posts: 76

i wish i owned a scorpion duck

p.s. very funny review

• crunchyblackcrunchyblack Member Posts: 1,362

this thread 9/10

this game 2/10

i never downloaded it or had any intentions to download it, i did enjoy reading about this duck/scorpion however...keep up the "mental institution quality" reviews

• LyallLyall Member Posts: 2

My god can't ANYONE play this game before deciding it's horrible enough to poke out your eyes with sticks and scorpion ducks? I played Red Stone a while back and I loved it. The people are great, the skills are entertaining(especially mages, i mean who doesn't love throwing meteors at people?), and the quests are interesting enough to be worth doing. If there's any issue with this game it's the technical support. I'd be playing right now but I've been having issues patching(so are a lot of people) and it's frustrating how SLOW their response is. The training can grind but it's worth it. It saddens me to see this many people completely dismiss a game because one person didn't quite enjoy the experience. Another great thing about this game is it can be played on older computers. Maybe I only like it because my computer is so old and slow I can't play anything even remotely 3D or flashy but it's still a good game. I mean you can't tell me Talisman is a better game than this... THAT was crap... So don't judge games based on a few reviews when there are a lot more than a few people playing. This might've been a bit jumbled but I think it gets the point across. Try out the game before dismissing it, and if you get it working send me the patched files XD