Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any New Info On The Bioware MMOG?

baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

title says it all, i am just curious if anyone has heard anything new on the Bioware front, ive never been able to find any information about it.

Comments

• mrg11545mrg11545 Member Posts: 24

No Sorry,

It's been pretty quiet since their first press release i believe they are getting their MMO team assembled before they announce the game judging from their site.

Names Used - Garfinkel, MGarf, Scripter, Mrg11545 etc..

I Demand another Planetside!
    (Copy and paste this into your sig)

• LarsaLarsa Member Posts: 990

Well, no new info but new rumours.

1. WotC has a new D&D ruleset in the making (ver 4.0) and it's thought to be mmo-friendly.

2. A senior Bioware guy gave a lecture about the MMO market at a recent conference - in short he says that to be successful (in a money way) you need to make a WoW clone. There was a thread about it on here maybe a week ago.

Here's the link about the conference: http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=15386

I maintain this List of Sandbox MMORPGs. Please post or send PM for corrections and suggestions.

• DreamagramDreamagram Member Posts: 798

Originally posted by Larsa

Well, no new info but new rumours.
    1. WotC has a new D&D ruleset in the making (ver 4.0) and it's thought to be mmo-friendly.
    2. A senior Bioware guy gave a lecture about the MMO market at a recent conference - in short he says that to be successful (in a money way) you need to make a WoW clone. There was a thread about it on here maybe a week ago.
    Here's the link about the conference: http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=15386 
    Gordon 'Tyrant' Walton - that "senior BioWare guy" - is making a great analysis, but I think saying he claims you need to make a WoW close to be successful is taking it a bit wrong. WoW has done many things right, but its fully possible to adapt his 12 points to another style of MMOG, maybe except the strong brand part which is one of Blizzard's absolute key assets.
  • baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

thanks guys, i really wish they would say something, its been a while since they announced they are making this game.