Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

<<< Interested In playing

2»

Comments

• bojinxbojinx Member Posts: 172

RhA-EL,

Please stop spamming every Lineage II thread...everyone and their mother already knows that you got  banned unfairly while millions of bots run around carefree.   I swear you copy and past the same post over and over again.

• Rha-ELRha-EL Member Posts: 208

Originally posted by bojinx

RhA-EL,
    Please stop spamming every Lineage II thread...everyone and their mother already knows that you got  banned unfairly while millions of bots run around carefree.   I swear you copy and past the same post over and over again.

Actually no, I do not spam.  I reply to each thread with a personalized, carefully worded reply as to why new players should avoid this game.  it is an opinion on the game as the OP requested, on which I feel I am qualified to give since I have played it LEGIT for over 3 years, before I was banned for an accusation that NCSOFT has never proven.

• DrughiDrughi Member Posts: 174

regarding the 14 days trial .. ummm

are they working? i mean i dont see anywhere in lineage2.com in order to recieve one ... :/

• NorborbNorborb Member Posts: 23

Id play this game even if I would only be grinding forever. I just want to know if I could even do that with limited time.

• Jtrav1987Jtrav1987 Member Posts: 79

If you simply looking for answers to the posted questions, here some simple answers for ya.

Time:  I played EQ in both middle and high school (those were the days lol), and it was hard to balance playtime and camp time.  Haha of course I was a good boy and I played mostly on weekends, but it took awhile to get somewhere until summer rolled around.  After playing L2 all I can say is I think it would be very hard.  The rumors of this being a grind fest are true, and I can't imagine doing it while still having lots of other things to do.

Fun:  I played L2 at launch, then came back not even a month ago when I was doing my MMO "soul searching".  I didn't stay long.  The starter areas are DEAD (I played on Bartz, the server everyone said had a good population), and people didn't seem interested in grouping or anything.  That at least contributes to the fun in MMOs in my opinion.  The graphics are deceiving, sometimes seeming breathtaking and others subpar.  All these things add fun factor for me, and here L2 lacks.

Late in the game:  I'm not going to lie.  I never got there. I've seen videos of Castle Sieges and they do look fun.  Check out what others say on this.

People:  In my 2 experiences with L2, I only found 2 people that were will to talk and associate.  Catch is, one of them was a RL friend.  I hear this game has a pretty bad bot problem, though I've also heard NCsoft has been working on this.

There's just my opinions, not saying they are perfect or anything.  Just the two pennies in the homeless man's jar.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

Originally posted by Jtrav1987

If you simply looking for answers to the posted questions, here some simple answers for ya.
    Time:  I played EQ in both middle and high school (those were the days lol), and it was hard to balance playtime and camp time.  Haha of course I was a good boy and I played mostly on weekends, but it took awhile to get somewhere until summer rolled around.  After playing L2 all I can say is I think it would be very hard.  The rumors of this being a grind fest are true, and I can't imagine doing it while still having lots of other things to do.

Fun:  I played L2 at launch, then came back not even a month ago when I was doing my MMO "soul searching".  I didn't stay long.  The starter areas are DEAD (I played on Bartz, the server everyone said had a good population), and people didn't seem interested in grouping or anything.  That at least contributes to the fun in MMOs in my opinion.  The graphics are deceiving, sometimes seeming breathtaking and others subpar.  All these things add fun factor for me, and here L2 lacks.

Late in the game:  I'm not going to lie.  I never got there. I've seen videos of Castle Sieges and they do look fun.  Check out what others say on this.

People:  In my 2 experiences with L2, I only found 2 people that were will to talk and associate.  Catch is, one of them was a RL friend.  I hear this game has a pretty bad bot problem, though I've also heard NCsoft has been working on this.

There's just my opinions, not saying they are perfect or anything.  Just the two pennies in the homeless man's jar.

Bartz does have a good population. More often than not it is "heavy". However the nature of this game is NOT to stay in the low lvl areas.

Now, that is a shame in my opinion, but since the game seems to focus on high end pvp, it makes sense. Hopefully with the upcoming update, fortresses will help with that. But we'll see.

Also, L2 is not like other games in that you don't get a lot of "chatting". I have been horrified by the amount of "chatter" that just goes by in other games. Mostly nonsense. However, to a new player who is looking for the community pipeline, this can be discouraging.

You really have to go to either the main forums or to one of the fan forums (depending on which manner of discourse is to your liking) and introduce yourself.

The good thing and bad thing about L2 is that it is very clan and alliance based. Because of this you get very insular communities. Clans and Alliances mean something in L2. They just aren't there so you can find a group or chat.

L2's goals are very group based so people who find a group stick with that group. As there are spies all around as well as scamming and cheating, people tend to be a bit wary of new people.

I've said it elsewhere and I'll say it again, this game either appeals to you or it doesn't. So far I have not found any game that can be successful in competing for my time like L2 can.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • edgaloredgalor Member Posts: 35

time- it's a game that takes you very long to level. botting is the only way to let you catch up with others without giving up your life. yes, there are a lot of bots in L2. o yes it will also take you alot of time to make money to gear up

fun- it's fun for a while until you are stuck at mid level. during that time you will have kill countless of monsters in order to level up. it's a fun and beautiful world if you do n't rush tho, just keep in mind that most low level areas will be empty so you will feel lonely and bored.

end game- that's the real problem begins. if  you don't bot it will probably take you at least year if you play hardcore to catch up with the top players in the game. The class you choose matters a lot. Mage or archer classes in L2 have a huge upside in terms of pvping and leveling compare to melee classes. Since the game is focus heavly on pvp, the only chance you can compete with others is to be one of those classes. if you like to be a melee class, the chance if that you will be *bleep* whenver you tried pvping. Dagger classes help a bit, but still have a huge disadvantage in pvp. Raiding is normally camped by certain guilds 24/7 so you won't really have a chance to even see a raid boss. the end game bosses w on't even last 1 min before it's dead.

community- tons of player stored in towns. Overall I encounter a lot of nice people in game, and of course there are bad ones. find a nice guild and you should be fine

just remember in L2 in order to enjoy its content, you need to play the game like working. all the cool features you saw on their website? it will take you a LONG TIME to experience them. o well

• NadrilNadril Member Posts: 1,276

Originally posted by edgalor

time- it's a game that takes you very long to level. botting is the only way to let you catch up with others without giving up your life. yes, there are a lot of bots in L2. o yes it will also take you alot of time to make money to gear up
    fun- it's fun for a while until you are stuck at mid level. during that time you will have kill countless of monsters in order to level up. it's a fun and beautiful world if you do n't rush tho, just keep in mind that most low level areas will be empty so you will feel lonely and bored.
    end game- that's the real problem begins. if  you don't bot it will probably take you at least year if you play hardcore to catch up with the top players in the game. The class you choose matters a lot. Mage or archer classes in L2 have a huge upside in terms of pvping and leveling compare to melee classes. Since the game is focus heavly on pvp, the only chance you can compete with others is to be one of those classes. if you like to be a melee class, the chance if that you will be *bleep* whenver you tried pvping. Dagger classes help a bit, but still have a huge disadvantage in pvp. Raiding is normally camped by certain guilds 24/7 so you won't really have a chance to even see a raid boss. the end game bosses w on't even last 1 min before it's dead.
    community- tons of player stored in towns. Overall I encounter a lot of nice people in game, and of course there are bad ones. find a nice guild and you should be fine
    just remember in L2 in order to enjoy its content, you need to play the game like working. all the cool features you saw on their website? it will take you a LONG TIME to experience them. o well

The PvP statement is bullshit. In group PvP nearly ever class can be useful except for maybe tanks.

In the mid levels i would recomend grouping when you can too.,

• huntterhuntter Member Posts: 17

rofl....i NEVER boted or ebayed at Lineage2 lol so NOT ALL do that  :)

L2*Erica BladeDancer 77/Necromancer 54

• dreamer05dreamer05 Member UncommonPosts: 679

It's a ton of fun. It's a beautiful game world that has really unique character classes in my opinion.  As others are saying it is pretty time consuming though.  Levels are slow but I never found myself bored out of my mind with it or anything.  The only reason I quit playing every time I go back is because there are so few people to group with, which I can't stand.

"God, please help us sinful children of Ivalice.."

totally agree.What the point of playng a game that in 2 month u get on max lvl and u get bored ?lol.And i say again....L2 is NOT a game for children as well like Wow or Lotro

and is true not easy to get groups specially if u still bit low lvl...and even u high lvl will need a good guild and ally , and is true also that lots of peepz boting yes and i agree that if i boted i  would be more advanced for sure...but one  thing i have and the boters dont have.....my toon  has its lineage, its story ,and i  rememebr every lvl , all the laughs , the tears , the pain , the scamers , the trains, the Pkers ....thats what makes L2 so special...there are players there that i know for +3 years , So is much more than a game...ur clan becomes a family almost

• sh1nysh1ny Member UncommonPosts: 23

Originally posted by edgalor

Oh well, i guess you never got into "end game" so you would think it will take a year. Even with my limited playtime of 3 hours/day and 6-7 hours at weekends i get to be 76, and omw at 77. 3 hours = 1% at an area where exp is bad but other rewards are good ( Primeval Isle ). If you get to a nice exp area - 1 hour = 1% with a proper party. Now if you play 5-6 hours/day that's like under a month to get 76->77. And what we're talking here aint WoW's 69->70. There is a significant difference in each level you get in end game after 76. Your char gets alot stronger with each of those levels. And you can do 1-75 in few months without pushing it too hard. It all comes down to how bad you want it, and how good you are at the market. For once, im not very good playing the market, i got limited play time so i get to level slower, BUT i aint in a hurry for nowhere. 
  • bojinxbojinx Member Posts: 172

Lineage 2 is a great game, it is only one of few handful of games where you feel that you accomplished something when you get to the next level or able to save up enough adena to buy that new weapon.  You have to be able to think of the long-run rather than expect intant gratification....should you buy a cheaper weapon that will help you in the short-term or should you hold off for weeks and sacrifice leveling speed so you can gain enough adena to buy the weapon you really want, same with SP either spend it on something now or wait to have enough to get that one particular skill.

Unfortunately  peoples mentality  for the most part don't think this way and either quit or end up taking the easy route ( buying adena on-line and botting).   Of course this mentality is reflected from our culture as a whole, I am sure everyone knows someone (it even may be you) that is in some type of financial debt for the soul reason of instant gratification.

Basically to play Lineage 2 do not expect to be at level 80 and have millions of adena overnight, you have to work hard.  If you get  frustrated because you lost exp and and go down a level don't quit , keep on playing or even take a break for a few minutes before returning.  The game is very rewarding but the rewards are only given through hard work.

• AsamofAsamof Member UncommonPosts: 824

Rha-El, this isn't the first time I've heard a story like this. It seems many several legit players have been banned from L2, while there are legions of bots that come in groups of 10, that all run at the same time, sit at the same time, attack at the same time, and have names like "lkjdsafs908" running around week after week month after month with no banning.

I'm definitely going to advise everyone I come across who bring this game up to stay the hell away from it. Everything about it is so backwards. Ban the legit, let the bots stay! Buy a game, use an automated program to play for you! Wow, sounds like a great time to me.

• TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

You need to do some leg work to understand the how to work the grind in L2.

http://www.tstonramp.com/~mykel/lineage/ 

and L2 warehouse's grind optimizer

http://l2wh.com/ 

Also effective grouping is key.

You can reduce grind-time a lot by simply hunting the right mobs with the right people. Not all mobs are equal in L2. They may "con" the same or be the same levels but XP varies. Sometimes grinding a group of a certain mob is the wrong thing to be doing. Difficulty is also NOT an indicator of XP reward in L2. A mob may be difficult but that doesn't mean it will award more XP and vice versa. As I have said many times over the years, L2 was created by sadist. Players who get cooked by the grind early on assume the math works the same like other MMO's. Thats not the case with L2.

The most common mistakes new L2 players make

• They try to solo throughout. Although you can get pretty far in L2 soloing (some classes are viable soloers throughout) Soloing will pummel your brain to jelly. L2 is built on a very strong grouping dynamic in both PvE and PvP. Everything interlocks and nothing is stand alone. This one here is the undoing of most new players. 
    • They assume all mobs of the same level are equal in XP value. (well, they're not)
    • They feel they can't compeat with other players because they don't have "the best gear". True to a point but early on having the best gear is not as important. "D grade" while necessary to have good gear, not paramount to have "top D grade" gear. You can get through D grade with mid quality items enabling you to save for C grade. This is especially true if you are guilded or group alot. D grade is a waste as it goes to fast and gear cost to much to worry about getting top.
    • They assume they can sustain themselves by grinding alone and don't use / understand the economy. Soul shots are deliberately put in to drain away any grind income. They are the ultimate money sink. If you have no way of neutralizing the soulshot sink, you will struggle throughout L2. There are only two options to make money in L2, learn and work the market (L2WH is a great tool for that) use all the resources ingame like the manor system or the Seven Signs, monthly events or go RMT (but that goes for any game that players try to bypass using / learning the economy).

I haven't played in a long while but I imagine not much has changed. People still bitchin about the grind and the bots but demonstrate no understanding of how the game works. Play it how you want, if you believe botting is the only way, then that is what it will be for you. If you believe RMT is the only answer, then it is for you. If you insist on trying to lonewolf L2 (forcing a square peg into a round hole) then you are not going to be able to make it work and you can blame the game.